Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Source bid/proposal management System

Options
  • 23-05-2016 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi folks, I am looking for suggestions on what approach to take for bid and proposal management software - the requirements are below 1) Must be self hosted - content is our IP so we are very paranoid about letting it out of our sight 2) Must support boilerplate/content reuse in an intelligent fashion - ideally would have a content library that allows a user to pick from a selection of content that matches the proposal request in a simple checkbox type approach that populates the document with the appropriate predefined boilerplate 3) Must support multiple user editing, document version tracking, reversion and approval workflows
    thats basically the "ask" - I have been looking at CMS's to do this but nothing seems to fit nicely, does anyone have suggestions on an approach/package/ that would fit the bill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ishotjr2

Hmmmm by Open Source are you considering mainly "Free of charge" or "Free to use".

I would look at Alfresco https://www.alfresco.com/products/pricing they do have a community addition, it is more suited to business processes.

I think you are looking for a combination of a CRM/Business Platform and a CMS, as I am assuming there is some purchase event and customer details, invoicing, payment & marketing.

If I were you I would post to something like getafreelancer and see what comes back, because I think your requirements will end up being complex and any solution will need customization.

Just my 5 cent, you might be web guru by the context of your questions.

Advertisement