Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend Dublin boarding kennel

• 23-05-2016 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Hi wondering could anyone recommend a boarding kennel?
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I've been using k9 country club for about 4 years with no complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Thanks very much I'll have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Thanks very much I'll have a look

I've also used wendens, they are up by the dspca if you are looking for something a little closer to south Dublin, they were also very good,a bit more expensive than k9 country club, that's the only reason I switched

I don't mind the money. I imagine most kennels are decent but you just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Hey,

I have also used Wendon and thought they were good. I can also recommend Deerfield Kennels - they are in the same area and very good. I have been sending my dog there for three years.

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

The canine country club is fab! We have rented the pool there for my dogs. We were also there for a fun day so could see what was going on at the kennels.

We use p and e kennels in Dublin 12. Haven't used them in a few years now.
    We are going away for a week in June so need to book the girls in for a week! My girls share a big kennel there. ;) one of my girls is a rascal for escaping if age gets upset. There is no way she can escape from p and e as it's all behind big huge steel gates.

I think my younger dog would prefer canine country club. The big field where dogs get walked is great but if my older dog ran off the fence is very open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

My two go to Doonane Dogs up the Dublin mountains at Saggart. 10 acres of pure heaven for them. If I were a dog, that's where I'd want to be on my holidays!!

jomalone14 wrote: »
    My two go to Doonane Dogs up the Dublin mountains at Saggart. 10 acres of pure heaven for them. If I were a dog, that's where I'd want to be on my holidays!!

What's the website ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

bubblypop wrote: »
    What's the website ?

Doonanedogs.com
    They're also on FB

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    I think my younger dog would prefer canine country club. The big field where dogs get walked is great but if my older dog ran off the fence is very open.
    Thats a concern, that would be on my mound the whole time I'm away.

Thats a concern, that would be on my mound the whole time I'm away.

My younger dog would never ever run or bolt but the older One will bolt if upset or takes a "notion"!! We are in the process a building a porch as I can't go through another Halloween with her running away....too stressful.

My girls are used to home comforts and are never left outside etc but unfortunately I need to send her to somewhere where there is no chance of her escaping even though there are other nicer options. I can't even leave her with relatives as she has bolted on them too. I wouldn't split them up either. I know the set up in P and E.......big metal gate. Dogs are let out to run and play all within the yard and are not taken for walks on the lead outside. The owner goes to bed around 11pm and lives onsite. Although he was semi retired but still lives there and son was taking over. I need to book my girls in for a week in June :)

Millem wrote: »
    My younger dog would never ever run or bolt but the older One will bolt if upset or takes a "notion"!! We are in the process a building a porch as I can't go through another Halloween with her running away....too stressful.

My girls are used to home comforts and are never left outside etc but unfortunately I need to send her to somewhere where there is no chance of her escaping even though there are other nicer options. I can't even leave her with relatives as she has bolted on them too. I wouldn't split them up either. I know the set up in P and E.......big metal gate. Dogs are let out to run and play all within the yard and are not taken for walks on the lead outside. The owner goes to bed around 11pm and lives onsite. Although he was semi retired but still lives there and son was taking over. I need to book my girls in for a week in June :)
    That P & E is in crumlin? That would be ideal for location, quite close by.
    Although seen a couple of awful reviews on their Fb page.

Had a look through the P & E Fb page, huge amount of negative reviews.

That P & E is in crumlin? That would be ideal for location, quite close by.
    Although seen a couple of awful reviews on their Fb page.

Yes it's in poddle park. I never read any review good, bad or indifferent. I originally got the number off my vet (Terenure vet). I have used them a few times and was very happy. In fact they seriously dug me out of a hole after one disasterous "in home boarding" years ago. I have collected early, even dropped in to look at food. I must drop in during the week to book my girls in. Unless something has changed with the set up since their last visit a few years ago they will be going. The kennels that my girls share are far superior to dspca ones. They are not facing any other dogs whereas in dspca they have to newspaper over the Windows. My dog does not like other dogs staring at her. Why don't you view them yourself to make up your own mind?

Ye your right, I'll pop up and have a look around.

Ye your right, I'll pop up and have a look around.

Yes do! If you want a home boarding set up, "home from home kennels" in Wexford were recommended to me by a rescue. They collect and deliver in Dublin Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have never used them.
    http://m.homefromhomekennels.com/About-Us.html

Advertisement