Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabies vaccine lapsed 5 days before renewal, risk it at the ferry terminal?

• 23-05-2016 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Moving to the continent in a week or so, was away on business and my dog's rabies vaccine went out of date, it was 5 days before I could get her redone today.

Will the ferry people stop her getting on with a vaccine lapse of 5 days? Would she be stopped on the other side for quarantine?

Just took the stress of a country move and x10'd it. Joy.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is it not the case that it's coming back into Ireland with an unvaccinated dog that would be the problem? Unless things have changed, afaik you're OK to travel to the continent, it's when you're returning that it could become an issue. In other words, I think you're ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Are you going via the UK, or direct to France? If going direct, it will be as DBB says, if going via the UK, sometimes they check, mostly they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spuriosity

Going directly Rosslare to Cherbourg.

So travelling to France should be ok even if the 21 days post vaccination are not yet up? That's an immense relief!!!!

Advertisement