Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA Exams

• 23-05-2016 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey Everyone,

Just a couple of queries regarding the QFA exams as I am thinking of starting them. I see you can register to do them through the institute of Banking or LIA, is there any difference which you go through the process with?

Also I am working full time and intend on taking the regulation and loans modules first up, is it achievable doing this with a couple of hours study a night? I have a bachelor of business hons degree which I completed in 2010, so I do have a bit of a background in the area.

Cheers for your help in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

No difference between the two institutions, 2 modules at a time for the QFA's is easily doable.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jayo5012

Cheers for the reply Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

jayo5012 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Just a couple of queries regarding the QFA exams as I am thinking of starting them. I see you can register to do them through the institute of Banking or LIA, is there any difference which you go through the process with?

Also I am working full time and intend on taking the regulation and loans modules first up, is it achievable doing this with a couple of hours study a night? I have a bachelor of business hons degree which I completed in 2010, so I do have a bit of a background in the area.

Cheers for your help in advance.

Hi Jayo

I've been members of the LIA and IOB. In regards to the exams there is no difference between the two institute's as they both offer the same material/support.However the IOB offers more support in terms of your career progression etc.

There is a lot of overlap in material in Regulations and Loans so it is definately achievable.

Give me a mail if you like if have any further questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

anyone know how to access the online take the test? they removed it from the LIA site this year? was the only way I could study just keep doing the tests!! any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement