Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So having played both demos here are my thoughts.

I really like the presentation in fifa, the feel of a big game and the managers on the sidelines are a much welcome addition imo. It's something fifa has more often than not nailed imo. In this department fifa wins hands down.

BUT gameplay wise, it's not a competition for me anymore. Pro is far better from a gameplay point of view.
    Fifa is just missing something in its games and when I score I don't get the same enjoyment from it as I do scoring a great goal in pro. Fifa matches feel like fifa matches not football games.(But with them moving to a new engine this year there will be plenty of room for improvement in the coming years).

The Pro demo got off to a underwhelming start as well for me so maybe id get to like fifa after some time but with the full game of pro most likely landing tomorrow there's very little chance of me playing too much more of the fifa demo before it's release date.

Honestly if it wasn't for the journey mode I probably wouldn't even think about fifa at this stage. If people say the journey is short (and I suspect it is) then I'll skip fifa until the Easter sales next year when it usually goes on sale at around 35e.

If we could only get a game with the fifa game modes/presentation and the Pro Evo gameplay I'd be a happy man.

I say all this as someone who has been almost exclusively playing fifa from fifa 09 to fifa 15 dipped back into play a few pros but never stayed. Fifa 16 wasn't good at all and was the turning point I think. This year it's looking like pro is about to increase the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Its all about the online game for me and pro evo have always made a mess of the online game, contestant lag and making it hard to get a game, the smoothness of online always wins out for fifa..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Ordered it from The Game Collection: 44 including delivery to Ireland (with a 1 pound discount using my loyalty points from PES 2016).

The reviews are incredible!

Just been despatched from the Games Collection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Its all about the online game for me and pro evo have always made a mess of the online game, contestant lag and making it hard to get a game, the smoothness of online always wins out for fifa..

I read that this year it's better though, there is an option to select the network strength of your opponent. So if you put it high it may take longer to find an opponent but the connection will be smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

tigger123 wrote: »
    Just been despatched from the Games Collection :)

Isnt it playable from midnight tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's disappointing that the PC version is the PS3 version with better resolution and frame rate

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Isnt it playable from midnight tonight?

If you download it? How do you mean?

tigger123 wrote: »
    If you download it? How do you mean?

Yes, yeah. I just meant that I wouldnt be too happy if TGC were only shipping today as I am going to be playing it tonight with a digital copy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Played FIFA, it's crap tbf. PES is more addictive and fun, whether it captures the essence of football is another thing but it is defo the funner game and I prefer the Pes graphics and lighting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

2017 still feels very much like 2016 up to now, admittedly after only a few hours.......bit less of the ice skating feel to it, and the CBs have finally started operating as a partnership on the higher difficulty levels.
    Keepers are much improved , but still capable of a few clangers, penos are still awful etc..........not bad so far, but far from a slam dunk yet in comparison to last year's disappointment.
    As soon as the player update hits, it'll feel much better......I'm not walking out there with Benteke as an option from the bench.

McDermotX wrote: »
    last year's disappointment.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yes, yeah. I just meant that I wouldnt be too happy if TGC were only shipping today as I am going to be playing it tonight with a digital copy!

I think he only ordered late as most shipped on Tuesday morning.

Yep, ordered it this morning.

I don't mind the wait to be honest, I'm not really gonna get to it until Saturday (assuming it gets here by Friday, which it may not).

I'll be playing cup competitions for a bit. I generally wait a few days/weeks until I have an Option File I'm happy with before playing the Master League. Not really into MyClub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah, mine shipped yesterday around half 12 so no issue with TGC as far as I can tell. Haven't gotten it yet though, still waiting (im)patiently to be delivered to work. Usually it'd be here by now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

:pac:

Aye......both PES and FIFA last year were disappointing IMO, especially PES considering some of the initial buzz going around about how 'it was back' etc etc
    Not outright rubbish by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Anyone who ordered from the game collection heard anything from Parcel motel yet?

IGN gave it a 9.5 based on the offline components. Review is awaiting online activation for a final score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

petejmk wrote: »
    Anyone who ordered from the game collection heard anything from Parcel motel yet?

I checked but there's no sign of the game being with them yet. I'm guessing I won't have it tonight so

Mine just arrived in the Dublin depot!

Excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Mine just arrived in the Dublin depot!

Excitement!

Did you give the dublin depot pm address or the northern one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mine shipped yesterday around lunch time. I've heard nothing from Parcel Motel (shipped to NI). Even if it makes it to the Dublin depot now, it's only going to arrive in Limerick tomorrow.

At least I'll have it on release day but won't get it early it seems.

petejmk wrote: »
    Did you give the dublin depot pm address or the northern one?

Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I shipped straight to my own address, despatched yesterday, well check once I'm home but I'm not expecting it to be in the post. :o

I've no problem waitin until tomorrow anyway for the price you're paying vs a bricks and mortar store here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I shipped straight to my own address, despatched yesterday, well check once I'm home but I'm not expecting it to be in the post. :o

I've no problem waitin until tomorrow anyway for the price you're paying vs a bricks and mortar store here.

I also shipped straight home and my girlfriend hasnt mentioned it being there. Mine also dispatched yesterday. I'm not really expecting it til Friday to be honest!

I just looked on PES Universe for the Option File but they haven't it out yet?

When is that released, tomorrow?

GavRedKing wrote: »

Big time, the price difference is shocking.

Also, the difference between it delivering to your house tomorrow and to your parcel motel at 10pm tonight is negligible if not more of a nuisance with PM depending on how inaccessible it is.

Don't know why I care any more:

Pro Evo Soccer 2017’s PC Version May Be Crocked
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/14/pro-evolution-soccer-2017-pc-version/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Stone age stuff. They must have done a pc port years ago and literally couldn't be arsed to re-port it with the updated engine. I'll defo wait for reviews for PC, if the gameplay is one iota different im not gonna bother tho, graphics i'm not too fussed about

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you pre load if you buy from psn store?

Advertisement