Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Can't wait to get stuck into this game tonight after getting my myclub players last night. The scout system looks very good and very specific, ie you can buy a Barcelona or Madrid scout rather than just a la liga scout. Costs 38000 mind you! My plan would be to build up as much agents as possible, sell the ones I don't want and try to get a specific player.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Lads, any update from Parcel Motel? My impatience growing by the second.

petejmk wrote: »

Generally you get a text from them very late I think so if you haven't got it now, it mightn't come today, but I'm open to correction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

No word on Parcel Motel. Generally if I don't have a text and email from them by 9.30am, then that's it for the day. Looks like I won't have it on release day at all. Now I'll get PES and NBA 2K17 on Friday, when I don't really have time to play either until Sunday which is annoying.

What's the story with option files? I know the PES Universe one is free, but does the 4.99 save you having to manually associate all kits & badges with teams? Can you still get the PES data packs when your using the option file?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just got an email from PesUniverse with a link to their initial option file, it doesn't have bundesliga yet as apparently the official patch would overwrite it. I haven't tried it out yet (Im in work and I also have not received the game yet)

It also said that all existing silver memebers will be upgraded to gold, which is pretty good timing for me cause i only bought it late last night :pac:

I was originally on the fence about getting the membership, it feels kinda werid paying for this kind of stuff, but I just thought I sink 100s of hours into this game every year and the kits make a huge difference, may as well throw a few quid the way of the people making it happen

• Advertisement

Game collection were the same last year for PES 2016. I cancelled my order and bought it digitally because it wasn't gonna arrive that week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I'm really enjoying the default settings. I normally flick everything to manual but the passing is just so enjoyable with the Level 1 assist. I'll probably get bored of it eventually but for now it's really hitting the sweet spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Colemania wrote: »
    Game collection were the same last year for PES 2016. I cancelled my order and bought it digitally because it wasn't gonna arrive that week.

I'm not sure what the delay is. It was dispatched by the Game Collection on Tuesday which seems like enough time. It should have been at Parcel Motel yesterday worst case, with first class shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Is there legend players in pes ? And can they be used kn online my club ? Is the edit option file easy to download and use ??

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Is there legend players in pes ? And can they be used kn online my club ? Is the edit option file easy to download and use ??

There's last year's legends and barca and Liverpool legends. Dunno when they're getting released though. Once you get a legend in myclub, they're unlocked for master league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

petejmk wrote: »
    Generally you get a text from them very late I think so if you haven't got it now, it mightn't come today, but I'm open to correction!
    v3ttel wrote: »
    No word on Parcel Motel. Generally if I don't have a text and email from them by 9.30am, then that's it for the day. Looks like I won't have it on release day at all. Now I'll get PES and NBA 2K17 on Friday, when I don't really have time to play either until Sunday which is annoying.

What's the story with option files? I know the PES Universe one is free, but does the 4.99 save you having to manually associate all kits & badges with teams? Can you still get the PES data packs when your using the option file?
    v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the delay is. It was dispatched by the Game Collection on Tuesday which seems like enough time. It should have been at Parcel Motel yesterday worst case, with first class shipping.

Yeah very strange.
    Mine was shipped Tuesday lunchtime to PM. I would have expected to get a notification yesterday from PM but nothing.
    It doesn't look good today either :(

Last year I had similar problem when I got it shipped to home address, so would have thought sending to PM this year would have been quicker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

There's last year's legends and barca and Liverpool legends. Dunno when they're getting released though. Once you get a legend in myclub, they're unlocked for master league

Was watching a stream on twitch earlier and I saw The name R Keane and thought they had legend players like fifa..

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Was watching a stream on twitch earlier and I saw The name R Keane and thought they had legend players like fifa..

Must have been good old Robbie. Keane isn't in it as far as I know but on PS4 there are people making custom squads and someone could have made a classic United team or a European classics team because Keane is usually in that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Kevin Volland, preset face in January update in PES 2016, looks nothing like him in PES 17.

Also were Konami just not bothered giving Messi his updated hairstyle? The lad clearly has a blonde head of hair and a beard to match but Messi is clean cut in the game.

Played two games, Nice vs PSG and Napoli vs Torino. Nothing really nice stood out but there was a lovely cushion back header by Marquinhos which was a classic subtle PES moment.

The goalkeepers still annoy me, the way they go down sometimes looks poor when they are catching the ball close to their body, movement looks so unnatural. Did see a brilliant parry from Trapp after a cross from Belhanda where he intercepted a ball that was going straight into Balotelli, ball came out and midfielder for Nice blasted it in, looked good.

They are just okay in PES but terrible in FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

If anyone is buying the physical game,it's 57 in Argos but stocks in Dublin city centre are super low. I got the last one in lilac centre for the Xbox one. 2 left in jervis (for xbone) but nothing left for the PS4 in the city centre Argos stores.

If you are getting it from Argos maybe check the website for stocks just so you don't waste a journey to get one and end up disappointed.

BabyE wrote: »
    Kevin Volland, preset face in January update in PES 2016, looks nothing like him in PES 17.

Also were Konami just not bothered giving Messi his updated hairstyle? The lad clearly has a blonde head of hair and a beard to match but Messi is clean cut in the game.

Wouldn't be too worried about that. Faces updated regularly enough and sure the blonde I'm Messi's hair is already growing out :D

Can't be expecting any game to constantly update players hairstyles, especially the likes of pogba! Sure Moreno had a stupid man bun up until yesterday and now he has bleached blonde hair and no man bun. Can't be expecting them to update that :P

Yeah but if you go to change the hairstyles manually you have to go back to some default face, look its only a little thing but a little annoyance.

Also game is far funner on pass support level 1, for now anyway. What is the best option file? Would I be best served just holding out for a few days? Looking for English clubs and international kits. Also will the option file(eventually) include corrected International teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭tigger123

BabyE wrote: »
    Yeah but if you go to change the hairstyles manually you have to go back to some default face, look its only a little thing but a little annoyance.

Also game is far funner on pass support level 1, for now anyway. What is the best option file? Would I be best served just holding out for a few days? Looking for English clubs and international kits. Also will the option file(eventually) include corrected International teams?

Do the Option Files have the updated hair-do for each player?

tigger123 wrote: »
    Do the Option Files have the updated hair-do for each player?

They probably should have someone doing it for the big players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Desperate to get this. Bring on the weekend.

• Advertisement

Ronaldo replaced with Larsson for the barca legends on myclub. Strange one! Apparently they have all the classic kits from the last 10 or 15 years so which is cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ronaldo replaced with Larsson for the barca legends on myclub. Strange one! Apparently they have all the classic kits from the last 10 or 15 years so which is cool

Nooooooooo. Ronaldo was the main one I was looking forward to playing with.

Nooooooooo. Ronaldo was the main one I was looking forward to playing with.

I hope they're just holding back with him because apparently there's going to be 20 legends throughout the year for barca so that leaves another 15.

My guesses would be Ronaldo, Henry, Guardiola and Etoo (no Turkish league and he has retired from Cameroon) among those 15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Can't wait to get stuck into this game tonight after getting my myclub players last night. The scout system looks very good and very specific, ie you can buy a Barcelona or Madrid scout rather than just a la liga scout. Costs 38000 mind you! My plan would be to build up as much agents as possible, sell the ones I don't want and try to get a specific player.

Fairly certain from simulating scouts that you need 5 star players to get 85+ players, 4 star for 80 to 84, 3 star for 75 to 79 and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I remember when Barça stood alone as a team with no shirt sponsor. That was cool.

Then it was Unicef and they were all 'its for charity lads'.

Then it was Etihad or Emirates or whatever :(

Fairly certain from simulating scouts that you need 5 star players to get 85+ players, 4 star for 80 to 84, 3 star for 75 to 79 and so on.

Oh right. Balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got my text from Parcel Motel at 7 this morning collected just there on the way home from work

So next question is how does the option file work ? Would rather not have to assign them all individually and stuff , it did an update straight away is that the day one patch ?

Got my text from Parcel Motel at 7 this morning collected just there on the way home from work

So next question is how does the option file work ? Would rather not have to assign them all individually and stuff , it did an update straight away is that the day one patch ?

When did you order on TGC.
    I think I will get my PM notification tomorrow hopefully :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Last week i think some time , got an email yesterday evening saying it was in dublin at the depot and the text this morning

• Advertisement

Last week i think some time , got an email yesterday evening saying it was in dublin at the depot and the text this morning

I should have said when was it shipped from TGC.
    I imagine those posted early Tuesday will have today, the others maybe tomorrow

Advertisement