Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Any reviews of the online?

Is there any improvement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Online for me was unplayable before servers went down. And jesus they also kept the crap in become a legend where ye have to watch the whole match while not on the pitch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Game is grand, nothing groundbreaking but its the best PES, its what it should have been 7 years ago. Only mind blowing things are player faces but to the pro evo nuts that probablybdoesnt matter because sure you cant see their faces anway..."Gameplay maaan"(same logic applied to just not having an updated Messi)

Well worth the money once all teams have kits and names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

BabyE wrote: »
    Game is grand, nothing groundbreaking but its the best PES, its what it should have been 7 years ago. Only mind blowing things are player faces but to the pro evo nuts that probablybdoesnt matter because sure you cant see their faces anway..."Gameplay maaan"(same logic applied to just not having an updated Messi)

Well worth the money once all teams have kits and names.

What platform you playing on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

PES Universe website has crashed and burned with the traffic :pac:

Actually... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just got parcel motel notification.
    The eagle has landed in Dublin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Played a few games earlier and it was a nice small improvement on last year, haven't been online yet.

Tried downloading an option file and importing it, had the files on a USB and followed the steps but when it started going through the list (loading files itself) it kept stopping at the end of the first team with an error message.
    Then after logging out of the edit data it said my user wasn't allowed have imported images or something like that.

Anyone know where to get a good PS4 patch and what might be going wrong for me?

PS Luke Shaw is frighteningly fast in the game

WARNING do not buy pc version, its garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

WARNING do not buy pc version, its garbage

As expected.

A ****ty port with some added resolutions, but garbage looking regardless.

Ah well i expected the graphics to be ****, but the online is unplayable (somewhat expected) and the offline is not sharp like on 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Got a notification that my game is in the Parcel Motel depot in Dublin. Won't be using the game collection again for anything I want to have on release day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone get a game online yet? Have been searchin for matchmaking the last ages trying to get a game. I see from the forums some people have got some unreal players in MyClub already :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I got my 2 barca 80+ agents today and you have a 50-50 chance of getting a black ball, which is now 85+. Of course I get 2 gold balls!! Cilissen and Umtiti. Happy enough with Umtiti though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You know you picked the wrong option file when they can't spell Bournemouth.
    Borurnemouth are coming for ya West Bromwith! :pac:
    I mean it's right there on the crests if your unsure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

ERG89 wrote: »
    You know you picked the wrong option file when they can't spell Bournemouth.
    Borurnemouth are coming for ya West Bromwith! :pac:
    I mean it's right there on the crests if your unsure :rolleyes:

The one i'm using for now has spelled Sevilla, Sivilla. I know they take a lot of work but surely that should have been spotted handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Man Red's home kit is black. I'd love to know the thinking behind that.

Japanese game developers are just fcukin nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Man Red's home kit is black. I'd love to know the thinking behind that.

Japanese game developers are just fcukin nuts.

All the unofficial ones are miles off. Maybe they were to not to make them even close

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Hey guys, where is the best price for PES 2017 currently?

I know Supervalu had great day-one deals for FIFA in years gone by, would be lovely if they did for PES now!

Having made the switch over from FIFA to Pes last year, and playing plenty of myClub, I have to say I'm delighted with how PES 2017 is evolving from last year's gameplay and FIFA 17 (played the demo and gave up after 10 mins, totally unchanged gameplay although graphics, team setup and menus etc look very slick.)

I notice how passing is much better in terms of link up play with any player in the move looking for open space and timing is much more important, plus Messi is unstoppable, this was not the case in PES 2016. Goalies are much improved also, it will be interesting to see how the online side of things flow this year, if Konami get the service right, I think FIFA could take a big hit in terms of players switching.

Anyways, really looking forward to playing the full game and hope to play a few from boards soon! Looks like PES is back to its former glory!

Any good alternatives for option files now that PES Universe is AWOL? I don't want to spend any time playing as Man Red with black jerseys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Really enjoying this. Happy enough with my My Club haul today too. Neymar, Mascherano, Stones, Lavezzi, Aduriz, Gabriel Jesus, Niang, Danilo, Di Sciglio and Nkoudou have given me some decent options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Started my club,, lots of online players have great teams already. I got a load of **** apart from Neuer and Messi

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Started my club,, lots of online players have great teams already. I got a load of **** apart from Neuer and Messi

Poor lad, only got the best attacker and goalkeeper in the game.

Whats interesting is Silver players are actually worth a damn this year. A lot of good players in Silver category, brought down from Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Hey guys, where is the best price for PES 2017 currently?

I know Supervalu had great day-one deals for FIFA in years gone by, would be lovely if they did for PES now!

Having made the switch over from FIFA to Pes last year, and playing plenty of myClub, I have to say I'm delighted with how PES 2017 is evolving from last year's gameplay and FIFA 17 (played the demo and gave up after 10 mins, totally unchanged gameplay although graphics, team setup and menus etc look very slick.)

I notice how passing is much better in terms of link up play with any player in the move looking for open space and timing is much more important, plus Messi is unstoppable, this was not the case in PES 2016. Goalies are much improved also, it will be interesting to see how the online side of things flow this year, if Konami get the service right, I think FIFA could take a big hit in terms of players switching.

Anyways, really looking forward to playing the full game and hope to play a few from boards soon! Looks like PES is back to its former glory!

It's down to 44.99 in Argos now. Got it for 56.99 the other day. BASTIDS!!!!:mad:

The hold up seems to be with Parcel Motel. It reached Dublin yesterday and still has not arrived in Limerick. It normally would be delivered to Limerick between 7-9.30, if it reached Dublin the day before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No stock left in Argos Clonmel or Childers Road Limerick. Unbearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Got the 360 version from the d/l store.
    some nice improvements from last years alright. Physics / collisions a big improvement.
    Good to see so many facial improvements - pretty much the whole Irish team done this year.
    Odd they have Liverpool licenced, but no Anfield?
    Still haven't got the pitch colour right... it's an awful washed out green colour, unlike the lovely green on the Xbox 1 / PS4.
    Hopefully community patches will spruce up things from a graphics side, because gameplay wise we're in for a treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

My games collection order just delivered there (ordered Monday, dispatched Tuesday, sent direct to Ireland)
    callaway92 wrote: »
    No stock left in Argos Clonmel or Childers Road Limerick. Unbearable.

Crescent surely isn't much more out of your way if its there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Got the 360 version from the d/l store.
    some nice improvements from last years alright. Physics / collisions a big improvement.
    Good to see so many facial improvements - pretty much the whole Irish team done this year.
    Odd they have Liverpool licenced, but no Anfield?
    Still haven't got the pitch colour right... it's an awful washed out green colour, unlike the lovely green on the Xbox 1 / PS4.
    Hopefully community patches will spruce up things from a graphics side, because gameplay wise we're in for a treat

Anfield is coming in a content drop soon along with the You'll Never Walk Alone crowd chant.

• Advertisement

Anfield is coming in a content drop soon along with the You'll Never Walk Alone crowd chant.

Sweet!

Advertisement