Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I went with the PES World option file. The kits and crests have loaded fine but there's no competition logos in the download folder. According to the accompanying video there should be? Anyone else have this issue?

You have to do the competition ones manually. Import image> find the images> upload> then go into the competition editor and assign them

They have a video showing u how on their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

rafi bomb wrote: »
    You have to do the competition ones manually. Import image> find the images> upload> then go into the competition editor and assign them

They have a video showing u how on their site

Yeah I understood that bit. It's the same as last year. But the logos aren't actually in the folder I downloaded.

I opened it up on my Mac and they're not in there. I saw the video where he scrolls right down and they're at the end. But as I said, I searched via the PS4 and then manually looked through the folder and they're just not there. There's only the various team items. Very odd.

Anyway, not to worry. I pulled them from a different pack on PESGaming.com.

Has anyone been able to access any of the other three option files on PES World? I can only click into the Premier League section.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thanks for DJ90.

Used his Argos reservation number to get it. Can't wait to plough into it now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After playing the Fifa demo, I'm considering getting this for the first time since PES6. No experience with option files so would kits, crests, players names and club names be edited correctly in an option file?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

J. Marston wrote: »
    After playing the Fifa demo, I'm considering getting this for the first time since PES6. No experience with option files so would kits, crests, players names and club names be edited correctly in an option file?

Yep, unless there is the odd type-o. I usually wait a week or two and then download an option file. That way they've worked out the bugs and made the minor corrections they need.

J. Marston wrote: »

Player names and faces are already accurate.

The OF includes crests, kits, club names and competition logos. Then you edit the competition names manually. It's very straightforward and looks perfect.

It's funny how us PES fans always talk about the importance of gameplay over FIFA's 'bells and whistles', and yet I almost jizzed my pants when I saw the Premier League logo pop up on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gameplay is, or should be, the main factor but realism and authenticity are a pretty big deal. I remember playing PES2 and Van Nistlerooy was called Oranges038. Man United were Aragon, Liverpool = Europort, Celtic = Ulster and Aston Villa were called Dublin.

Kind of broke the immersion.

I played a few games online and I'm just not into it like I once was. It's hard, obviously, so you'd have to get used to the odd whipping.

But it's not just that. I simply don't like how each game plays out. It's just boot to the floor for the whole thing.

With single player I up the difficulty and focus on manual passing and shooting. That makes it very difficult but it allows each game to flow nicely.

The defence presses me in a realistic fashion, with both teams keeping their shape and just generally taking a tactical approach. Whereas in online games I'm being aggressively chased down in a way that not even Pep's Barca would have done. Totally unrealistic, headless chicken type stuff.

Best of luck to all of you playing online but this year will be a single-player experience for me. Thankfully the game is fantastic so I'm sure I won't be bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

With normal passing its easy to counter, but with manual it is much harder when being pressed by 3 players all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just got it and played a few games.
    Initially when i loaded i set up controller settings. On the old PES 2016 Sprint would also switch players, its doesn't seems to work on this one.
    Also how to amend controller settings in the menu. I cant find in settings :(

Played a couple of online, very sluggish and slow :(

Edit : Found controls change in game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Anyone know when the 1st round of legend players will be out for MyClub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

A user review from amazon:P
    this morning when I woke up I realised my wife had left me. She's took all of her clothes, emptied our bank account and took the car. We don't have kids so I suppose that's a plus. I decided that life was not worth living anymore so I walked to sainsburys for a large bottle of whiskey to wash down my huge stockpile of paracetamol that I had been collecting for just this kind of occasion. As I sat there popping out the pills from their blister packs, I heard the letterbox go. It was at that moment I remembered that I had ordered pes 2017 from Amazon. I threw my tablets aside, put the top back on the bottle and ran to the front door. As soon as I popped the disc in my ps4 I was amazed. The gameplay is great, much better than last year and it really cheered me up. Would I have killed myself if I had received Fifa 17? Probably. That's why pes 2017 gets 5 stars for me. I'm really glad that I didn't go through with it now , I haven't even played online yet! I'm now glad that she's gone. Her fanny had a big wart on the side and she did stink "down there". Thanks pes 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

What is this ? Can you explain ? Thanks..

Yeah I understood that bit. It's the same as last year. But the logos aren't actually in the folder I downloaded.

I opened it up on my Mac and they're not in there. I saw the video where he scrolls right down and they're at the end. But as I said, I searched via the PS4 and then manually looked through the folder and they're just not there. There's only the various team items. Very odd.

Anyway, not to worry. I pulled them from a different pack on PESGaming.com.

Just a quick update on this. It seems like I'm not the only one. There's people referring to it on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Just a quick update on this. It seems like I'm not the only one. There's people referring to it on YouTube.

Once the proper team strips, name and crest is there than I am more than happy

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Once the proper team strips, name and crest is there than I am more than happy

Different strokes. I want it all.

I'm just looking at the various manager pictures in the Option File.

I wonder which one we'll be replacing in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So is there an all encompassing option file available that has everything yet ? Like the bundesliga clubs and updates for the rest

• Advertisement

ziggyman17 wrote: »

What is this ? Can you explain ? Thanks..

There are legend players becoming available the online mode MyClub. It looks almost like they will do it in waves and the first wave looks like it might include the likes of Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Larsson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

There are legend players becoming available the online mode MyClub. It looks almost like they will do it in waves and the first wave looks like it might include the likes of Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Larsson.

How do you get them, special agent or something?

Yeah that's how it worked last year. They will release the agents and they'll be available for a week or so. Then sometimes they'll be available with other players in a agent. For example a champions league agent might get legends thrown in as well. So that agent would have a pool of players (from all the teams in the Champions League) and maybe 5 legend players in there.

Last year they gave everyone a free guaranteed legend agent. Hopefully they do the same again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

PESWorld kits look class. Importing much easier than last year. Have Premier League done so playing a season of that and can import other leagues as I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If anyone fancies some online games sometime on PS4, feel free to add me "ManufacturedHero".

Would love to play someone who likes varying teams of different levels. Everyone I meet online picks Barca and its really getting to be a pain in the hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Same as a few others, I'm using "WEHK Teams Pack for PES 2017" from PES Gaming and it's excellent. I'm alright at FIFA (can win D1 in FUT and H2H Seasons), but I'm terrible at PES. I got humped 5-3 in a game online there, and gave up 23 shots at goal. I need to go and watch a few tutorials. I'm totally clueless in defense and my timing seems completely off for passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Do we reckon we'd have enough people for a bit of a league in this? See FIFA lads have one so no harm in trying. I'm training 3 times a week and games on Sunday so I wouldn't be able to organise it fully but i'd be glad to give a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'll join a league if ye set one up anyway (PS4).

Honestly very very impressed with this so far. Nearly all issues have been ironed out. Tiny issue still with sometimes not being able to change man for some reason but that's minor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Dont know how good game is yet, tackling is overpowered and AI is idiotic but it keeps you interested. One flaw for me is tje game seems to pride itself on depicting all gsmes of football as tika taka, the passing is so nice as well but the reality is not all teams play like that but i think the com forces you to play slow tempo passing football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

BabyE wrote: »
    Dont know how good game is yet, tackling is overpowered and AI is idiotic but it keeps you interested. One flaw for me is tje game seems to pride itself on depicting all gsmes of football as tika taka, the passing is so nice as well but the reality is not all teams play like that but i think the com forces you to play slow tempo passing football

What platform are you playing on?

Advertisement