Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've played the FIFA demo there a few evenings ago and the passing just seems so much less crisp. I even had it on manual passing, and evenwhen I hold down the pass button to fill the gauge, the pass still seems very slow. It must be impossible to overhit a pass. Now, I know I'm a pro evo man anyway but I'm genuinely trying to look past any bias that I may have.

I do want to enjoy FIFA as well as I always used to enjoy building a LOI team in FUT (not that it was that hard as they were all fairly cheap bronze players!). I'd also love to give the Journey a shot as well.

Anyway, still haven't managed to get stuck into PES 2017 yet as I'm planning a good binge session this afternoon/evening/night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Is there much of a difference to PES 2016 folks?

I've reserved it in Argos for collection later. Do I or don't I?

I also want FIFA (purely for the fact that Finn Harps will be in it). I've played the demo and I don't particularly like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is there much of a difference to PES 2016 folks?

I've reserved it in Argos for collection later. Do I or don't I?

I also want FIFA (purely for the fact that Finn Harps will be in it). I've played the demo and I don't particularly like it.

You'll probably be able to find somewhere that has created a Finn Harps over time in PES.

It's much better than PES2016, smoother, better refs, better graphics, more fluid, I could go on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

The game has its moments, after 85 minS of annoying overpowered tackles on mahrez silmani musa and vardy, mahrez broke free off eremenko in the cska midfield, running the pitch he evaded the defender and shot low , it deflected and akinfeev made a wonder save but vardy was there to slot the ball home, looked sick.
    They need to improve deflections though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

LOT of stuttering online, more so than last year which is slightly worrying. Game is top notch though.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    LOT of stuttering online, more so than last year which is slightly worrying. Game is top notch though.

I wish my mates were not so anti pes, it be beautiful against another human player

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Has anyone successfully used a good option file yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've used the pes universe one fine.

Ended up buying this off psn. Still no sign from the game from the games collection. I've sent an email to them. I'll just trade in the physical copy when it does land. Very disappointing service.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ended up buying this off psn. Still no sign from the game from the games collection. I've sent an email to them. I'll just trade in the physical copy when it does land. Very disappointing service.

That's a strange one to be fair. I ordered last weekend and it arrived yesterday. I didn't use Parcel Motel or anything, instead getting them to send it straight out into the shticks of West Cork.

Hopefully you were just one of the very rare unlucky ones and that it wasn't a regular occurrence.

Wilberto wrote: »

That's a strange one to be fair. I ordered last weekend and it arrived yesterday. I didn't use Parcel Motel or anything, instead getting them to send it straight out into the shticks of West Cork.

Hopefully you were just one of the very rare unlucky ones and that it wasn't a regular occurrence.

Yeah I don't know what happened. Even on their website the status is just dispatched not delivered so it didn't go to the wrong place or anything. I've got onto parcel motel as well but they've seen no sign of it. I've even checked the address and parcel motel id about 5 times to make sure I didn't mess up and I just can't see what happened to it.

As long as it gets delivered ill take the code for another team of the year player and the extra bonuses for MyClub and pop it down to Cex. Won't work out so bad in the end if I land Messi or Ronaldo out of the team of the year spin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Still enjoying this but some gripes.
    Anyone else find strong hard low passes that get intercepted by opposition as if they've magnets.... ball stops dead as they run into it. Can get very ping pong at times too.
    I really feel 2016 was the best I've ever played, so 2017 is not a huge overhaul, but I'm seeing where it may just edge past.
    I'm getting a lot more random moments of madness and fun that make it so enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Has anyone experienced the game crashing? Happened while installing the Pes World option file and a couple of times since.

petejmk wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced the game crashing? Happened while installing the Pes World option file and a couple of times since.

They do say to only import around 15 teams at a time, otherwise it will most likely crash.

It did crash a couple of times on me when I was importing, but only because I got a bit cocky and tried to import around 20 or so teams together! :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The PES Universe site says the option file isnt out yet :confused:

Where are ye getting them?

J Mysterio wrote: »

PES Gaming. It's a superb site to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Pes World. Premier League, Championship, La Liga and the two missing Italian teams.

They sent them by email. But I did pre order it and pay before hand

Picked this up there this afternoon.

Is it possible to get the Bundesliga into the game?

Also, are there any option files for international teams yet?

Picked this up there this afternoon.

Is it possible to get the Bundesliga into the game?

Also, are there any option files for international teams yet?

PES Gaming. When you're importing the teams, you can choose what teams you're importing, so only import the Bundesliga teams if you have everything else done already.

It's epic. (Although, I still haven't actually played a game yet! Ha! :pac:)

Wilberto wrote: »
    PES Gaming. When you're importing the teams, you can choose what teams you're importing, so only import the Bundesliga teams if you have everything else done already.

It's epic. (Although, I still haven't actually played a game yet! Ha! :pac:)

Thanks. How does importing the Bundesliga work? Is it just kits, emblems and names that you import or players too?

EDIT: Think I've found it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Are these ports so good that they almost render the ea licences meaningless? Its what about half an hours work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving the game so far.......... although I am getting hammered online, but the game is still addictive.......

Are these ports so good that they almost render the ea licences meaningless? Its what about half an hours work?

Yeah I said it a few weeks back. I'd rather Konami focued the money elsewhere rather than trying to get licensed teams. Just get the players and the jerseys can be sorted in no time. Focus on getting more legends and adding in extra game modes.

They need to add some decent stadium builder into it though. Not having Old Trafford in the game is kinda annoying.

360 patch!!!
    Go here for all kits and logos.
    I think transfers good too with new graphics also
    http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=100821

You'll need a usb key and pc to download and transfer.
    Also need the horizon download to inject the files in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

One thing that's pissing me off is balls in the air, my player is definitely in the better position to receive it and defender just goes through him like he's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

One thing that's pissing me off is balls in the air, my player is definitely in the better position to receive it and defender just goes through him like he's not there.

I've noticed this as well, don't mind it when its a stronger taller player but i've had Ozil barge Pogba out of the way like he's not even there. I wonder is there a button you hold to get into position? I can't seem to move my guy to the ball but I'm sure its possible. One thing that I find annoying is when you have the ball in midfield and are looking for your FBs to push on but they're static inside their own half even when you're set to attack. I presume there is a setting in the gameplan menu but you shouldn't really have to do that.

I've noticed this as well, don't mind it when its a stronger taller player but i've had Ozil barge Pogba out of the way like he's not even there. I wonder is there a button you hold to get into position? I can't seem to move my guy to the ball but I'm sure its possible. One thing that I find annoying is when you have the ball in midfield and are looking for your FBs to push on but they're static inside their own half even when you're set to attack. I presume there is a setting in the gameplan menu but you shouldn't really have to do that.

Advanced instructions > attacking fullbacks.

This will also pull your defensive midfielder deeper so it's like 3 at the back when they push on.

I wonder is there a button you hold to get into position?

I think you press and hold RB to move position when ball in air etc...

Played a lot more games there... Love this game!
    Played two 0-0 draws (offline) as Ireland against Spain and Argentina. They were enthralling games!

Almost finished importing stuff but I've ran out of room for images? What's the solution there? Didn't have that problem last year.

Looking forward to getting stuck into the actual game tonight!

• Advertisement

Game is full of this I've noticed, small diminutive players are ****ing kings at making tackles when tracking back, its poor, I can see why they do it to challenge players but I don't want Hatem Ben Arfa playing the Dirk Kuyt role, he should lazily tackle and lazily track back.

My biggest problem is like I've said, I think the game forces you to play the whole passing in midfield probing type of play, it replicates Barcelona and Bayern Munich and Man City style of football perfectly but not all types. Until a game can capture truly the various nuances of footballl, people should refrain from nonsense terms like 'capturing the essence of the game', no PES plays like a real match when you play as a Barcelona, it is less good reflecting a team like Ireland for instance.

Also how annoying is it that the AI isn't intelligent enough to send tall centre backs up for corners :O

Advertisement