Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

FIFA 17 super dee duper deluxe version €99.99 in PS Store! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

J Mysterio wrote: »
    FIFA 17 super dee duper deluxe version €99.99 in PS Store! :pac:

****test thing ever, really shocked by how bad the demo was. PES really gains from FIFA's regression, PES just has to do the basids and it trumps it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Right, I've played about 4 or 5 games now and it feels much quicker than last years which I don't like.

Pogba also seems to get pushed off the ball very easily.

I had a good game v Barca though managing to win 1-0 after having Smalling sent off in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just started my ML after spending the evening importing the option files. Playing as Ipswich and I'm loving it. Real Championship feel to the games, lost my first two but went on a winning run then of 4 games. Scored some nice goals but the majority are scrappy deflections, tap ins or headers. Real sense of achievement scoring and the variety in opposition tactics is great. Had Aston Villa play a fast passing game, then played Birmingham who lumped balls forward all game.

Not many changes to ML, still quite similar to last year. Transfer systems seems off, Memphis Depay, Marcus Rashford are on the transfer list after a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Rubbish luck so far on MyClub.

Best player I've got is James Rodriguez. The Barca player I got was Andre Gomes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rubbish luck so far on MyClub.

Best player I've got is James Rodriguez. The Barca player I got was Andre Gomes :(

Same with me in regards to James Rodriguez. My Barca players was Sergei Roberto :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

How do we get the barca player? I think I've only gotten my team of the year player but no barca player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The brother got both Ronaldo and Messi before kicking a ball in MyClub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

How do we get the barca player? I think I've only gotten my team of the year player but no barca player

Scrap that... Turns out I already got my barca player but he is so ****e I didn't even notice he played for barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

BabyE wrote: »
    Also how annoying is it that the AI isn't intelligent enough to send tall centre backs up for corners :O

Its not annoying at all because you get to choose yourself who goes up for corners.

If you go into game plan, player settings, and select players to join the attack you can pick which defenders you want to go up for corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I got Neymar and Iniesta, can't really complain about that. Got Javier Hernandez to lead the attack as well. Other barca players I got were Denis Suarez and Andre Gomez. Also managed to pick up piszczek for right back so the team is looking OK so far.

Just need to find a decent manager.

Its not annoying at all because you get to choose yourself who goes up for corners.

If you go into game plan, player settings, and select players to join the attack you can pick which defenders you want to go up for corners.

Okay unlike everyone else I dont care about winning a ****e game on a computer simulation, I want the game to reflect real life, if I lose I lose, who cares. The AI DOES NOT BRING the defenders up so quit being a ****ing loser, you know they don't either so why you defend Konami I don't know. Everyone always assumes when someone complains about the game its because they suck at it, no I want to be challenged and see the AI act smart, not leaving the two best headers in the team back in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Okay unlike everyone else I dont care about winning a ****e game on a computer simulation, I want the game to reflect real life, if I lose I lose, who cares. The AI DOES NOT BRING the defenders up so quit being a ****ing loser, you know they don't either so why you defend Konami I don't know. Everyone always assumes when someone complains about the game its because they suck at it, no I want to be challenged and see the AI act smart, not leaving the two best headers in the team back in defence.

Jaysis. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

:eek:

Calm down there man. I don't know why but you seem to think that everytime someone praises the game or offers up a solution to a problem that they are blind fan boys who can't see the faults in the game. This isn't true.

The poster obviously thought you were talking about moving your own center backs up for corners, as they explained how to do that. I actually agree that it is a little annoying that the AI doesn't bring up their big center back all the time but Jesus it isn't worth that tirade of abuse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I got James Rodriguez as my TOTY 2015. I'm really not bothered though. After all, he will be running up the left wing crossing in the ball to none other than Luis Suarez! Boom! I also have Hulk who completes my top three. Hulk who started as a 77 but is now 79 after just two games! :eek:

I've got an extraordinarily top heavy team at the moment though. Those three up front, a decent midfield in Montolivo, Luiz Carlos (a bit less decent :pac:), with Bilbao's Mikel San José anchoring the midfield.

Then it kind of tailors off a bit with the likes of Adam Bogdan in goal, and Christian Ansaldi being my only worthwhile defender. Looks like my tactic is just going to have to be to always score one more than the opposition rather than to try and concede one fewer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I was going to ask does that include goalies but I don't know if I should now for fear of wrath :p
    I am really enjoying this year's game. Playing random exhibition games mostly.
    Haven't really done much in myClub yet but going into the mode every day for the few points. Had a terrible shoot out last night too against the computer. (See attached picture)
    Imported Bayern from the PESGaming option file. It's a pity a few too many players weren't in the underutilised free agents or national teams. Lahm and Martinez look awful whereas Ribery's likeness attempt looks more like a decent attempt of a knockoff Halloween mask than a human :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wilberto wrote: »
    I got James Rodriguez as my TOTY 2015. I'm really not bothered though. After all, he will be running up the left wing crossing in the ball to none other than Luis Suarez! Boom! I also have Hulk who completes my top three. Hulk who started as a 77 but is now 79 after just two games! :eek:

I've got an extraordinarily top heavy team at the moment though. Those three up front, a decent midfield in Montolivo, Luiz Carlos (a bit less decent :pac:), with Bilbao's Mikel San José anchoring the midfield.

Then it kind of tailors off a bit with the likes of Adam Bogdan in goal, and Christian Ansaldi being my only worthwhile defender. Looks like my tactic is just going to have to be to always score one more than the opposition rather than to try and concede one fewer. :pac:

A LOT of people I've come up against have James Rodriguez. I had him last year and he wasn't great. Suarez on the other hand is unbelievable! I got hulk as my level 1 player too. He's 82 rated now but surprisingly his shot power isn't going up much. I'd assume at max potential it's about 95!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Played the demo and thought it was much better then fifa so seriously thinking of purchasing this instead but main game I played on fifa was career mode which pes doesn't seem to have in same detail so would probably need to get into myclub.

Have read up a bit on it, might be showing my age here but seems a bit complicated, is it easy to get into? Does it have longevity?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

jclack wrote: »
    Played the demo and thought it was much better then fifa so seriously thinking of purchasing this instead but main game I played on fifa was career mode which pes doesn't seem to have in same detail so would probably need to get into myclub.

Have read up a bit on it, might be showing my age here but seems a bit complicated, is it easy to get into? Does it have longevity?

I have to be honest, that's the first time I've ever heard FIFA career mode being suggested as better than PES career mode. The general consensus is that the Master League is considerably better than FIFA's career mode (albeit I'm not sure anyone can say exactly why). It just has that something that draws you in whereas FIFA with all it's gimmicks and sky sports presentation just feels flat and somewhat meaningless. It's really hard to explain tbh.

You should start up a Master League though. You'll be surprised with how invested you become in it.

That said though, everyone's different! :)

• Advertisement

Master leagues biggest problem right now is the transfer system in it. I haven't started a new one yet this year so I hope it's improved.

I know last year I was able to buy hazard from Chelsea for ~30m. That move should be almost impossible to force through. I think Messi was available for around 70m as well. Far far too easy to sign these guys.

Master leagues biggest problem right now is the transfer system in it. I haven't started a new one yet this year so I hope it's improved.

I know last year I was able to buy hazard from Chelsea for ~30m. That move should be almost impossible to force through. I think Messi was available for around 70m as well. Far far too easy to sign these guys.

Yeah, but most of the time you wouldn't even try to sign these players beause you could have a 16 year old Totti and the likes in your youth/first team.

That's the other thing that needed fixing.

I do like that when a player retires they come back through the system. But it is a problem in that you know who will be good.

I love starting with a lower down team and trying to pick up those guys building a team of superstars for the future.

I think the master league I has the most fun with last year was one where I took the legend players from the world and Europe teams
    (after spending ages following youtube videos to get them looking something like their former selfs) and added them to the clubs around Europe who had these good players in the past but weren't at the top now so I didn't give Real Madrid, Barca or Bayern anyone back for example.

A few off the top of my head:
    I gave Napoli back Maradona, Bordeaux got Zidane, Ajax got Bergkamp, PSV got Van Nistelrooy, Inter got Ronaldo (Brazil) and Liverpool got back Heskey :D

It was great craic and It made meeting those sides way more interesting, although the likes of Zidane quickly moved on.

But yeah back to the original point, I've always lost interest in the fifa career mode and usually end up starting a new one a season in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

How do you buy MyClub coins? When I click "Buy", I get "This feature is currently unavailable".

They really did a good job in the keepers, some beautiful moments, be interesting over time to see what a difference the top tier make in comparison with goalkeepers in the low/mid 70s for instance. I gave the Real Madrid youngster a run in one of the games(rating 68 I think) and he made some class saves but it was against Leganes whose strikers wouldn't be good at all.

I love when you play a through ball(I'm terrible at them btw) but when you get one half right and it flicks off the defender but still ends up squeezing through, doing that with David Silva with Kolarov making a run into the box looks so savage.

I'd like to see more games become stretched, it does happen at least but most end up being far too compressed. I played as Real Madrid and it was wide open in fairness. But some matches just end up being midfield slogs, like I alluded to previously I think the developers placed too much emphasis on midfield battles and tika tacking your way through opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Is PES 17 out now in Ireland on PS4? Tempted to get it but don't want to go into town for no reason if it isnt out yet.

Is PES 17 out now in Ireland on PS4? Tempted to get it but don't want to go into town for no reason if it isnt out yet.

Out since last Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Colemania wrote: »
    Out since last Thursday

Currently living in a remote part of the country, boxed off from civilization.

Cavan? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Significantly cheaper to order online I'd say assuming you have a postman :)

Advertisement