Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

I ordered it from Amazon today for €42.42 which is a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

jclack wrote: »
    I ordered it from Amazon today for €42.42 which is a decent price.

€41.41 would have been better. But nice deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

What's peoples thoughts on become a legend. I'm hooked on it as this is my first pes in about 5 years. Started with hull and got transferred to Leicester. The option file makes a huge difference aswell. Overall I like the game and the gameplay is brilliant. Havnt had a try online yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PESUniverse option file out today with full Bundesliga, very excited to try it out

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

J Mysterio wrote: »
    €41.41 would have been better. But nice deal.

Ha ha very true. Think it was £35 so free delivery. Argos had none in stock for €45 so went with Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does everyone else have lag when playing online? There's a 2-4 button delay in each of the 8 games I've played online. It's totally unplayable.

It's impossible to do anything.......dribble, tackle, pass, skills, etc. Even if I pass 1-2 seconds before the ball reaches my player, he'll take a touch. If I switch player to cover a run, it's 3 seconds before I control the player i want. If it switches to the wrong player, it's then 6 seconds before I get control of the player...... how are you supposed to do anything with that? Everything turns into a game of "guess whats the correct button to press in the next 3 seconds"

It feels so fun and responsive playing offline with excellent gameplay, but playing online feels like I've one hand tied behind my back. I don't think I've ever had a more frustrating experience playing any online game before. I hope it's not always like this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It's stone age stuff in general. I happened to get a couple relatively lag free games but even then, they are just about in the realm of playable. Pc version has input lag OFFLINE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

DJ90 wrote: »
    What's peoples thoughts on become a legend. I'm hooked on it as this is my first pes in about 5 years. Started with hull and got transferred to Leicester. The option file makes a huge difference aswell. Overall I like the game and the gameplay is brilliant. Havnt had a try online yet though

BAL is the only thing I would play apart from offline matches.

I've never really gotten into online play, and I couldn't be bothered with MyClub / ML etc..
    With PES gameplay, I just play clubs / leagues and exhibition games. That says something about the longevity of it!

I might give ML a bash this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

PESUniverse option file out today with full Bundesliga, very excited to try it out

Will they be updating their option file in the coming days/weeks? I had a look on their website this morning and I think it has the EPL, the Championship and the Bundesliga (which is fantastic) but am I better waiting a while for a more complete option file? One that includes the Eridvisie, international kits, La Liga, Serie A ... the south American stuff. ???

tigger123 wrote: »
    Will they be updating their option file in the coming days/weeks? I had a look on their website this morning and I think it has the EPL, the Championship and the Bundesliga (which is fantastic) but am I better waiting a while for a more complete option file? One that includes the Eridvisie, international kits, La Liga, Serie A ... the south American stuff. ???

La Liga is included, so is Serie A (only two teams needed). Eredivise is licensed, as is the Brazilian league and Argentinean league apart from the name.

Only thing missing is Internationals but the way you import is by team so you can download the above now and add teams as you wish.

You have to do league names and logos manually but it only takes about a half hour and they provide all the logos too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

DJ90 wrote: »

Granted you said that that is the first PES in years, but can anyone tell me what has changed from the last two years playing Become a Legend?

Around 2013 or so, BAL would retain detailed stats for most competitions and trophies won during the course of the career. Sadly, 2014 onwards stopped doing that. It is a small thing but it was nice to retain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

whiskeyman wrote: »
    BAL is the only thing I would play apart from offline matches.

I've never really gotten into online play, and I couldn't be bothered with MyClub / ML etc..
    With PES gameplay, I just play clubs / leagues and exhibition games. That says something about the longevity of it!

I might give ML a bash this year though.

Same here. Whether it is FIFA, PES or NBA 2K, just play the Become a Pro/Become a Legend/My Player . Seems I am missing out on all the other modes, but I never gotten into online. Ghastly behavior from saddos on it at times. Plus the idea of getting hammered potentially by someone lesser than me is ghastly

Normally the longevity lasts for about 7-8 months, which is great. However, Sept 2015/Sept 2016, both PES and NBA did not last too long for me this year - might be more to do with getting fed up of gaming in general

Anyway, is there much difference this year in BAL eg presentation of stats etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

La Liga is included, so is Serie A (only two teams needed). Eredivise is licensed, as is the Brazilian league and Argentinean league apart from the name.

Only thing missing is Internationals but the way you import is by team so you can download the above now and add teams as you wish.

You have to do league names and logos manually but it only takes about a half hour and they provide all the logos too.

Is it a hassle adding the international teams one by one?

I remember previous versions of downloadable Option Files whereby is all kits/teams/edits at once.

Cheers for the response!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

v3ttel wrote: »
    Does everyone else have lag when playing online? There's a 2-4 button delay in each of the 8 games I've played online. It's totally unplayable.

It's impossible to do anything.......dribble, tackle, pass, skills, etc. Even if I pass 1-2 seconds before the ball reaches my player, he'll take a touch. If I switch player to cover a run, it's 3 seconds before I control the player i want. If it switches to the wrong player, it's then 6 seconds before I get control of the player...... how are you supposed to do anything with that? Everything turns into a game of "guess whats the correct button to press in the next 3 seconds"

It feels so fun and responsive playing offline with excellent gameplay, but playing online feels like I've one hand tied behind my back. I don't think I've ever had a more frustrating experience playing any online game before. I hope it's not always like this.....

Yeah I'm having the same problem , was wondering was it my connection or is it happening across the board. It really ruins the online game which is a shame because offline its sensational. The only other problem that I'm having online is anytime I play someone highly rated they seem to be non stop whipping in crosses from all angles and my defenders can't seem to get near the striker. Don't know if that's bad defending on my part but I seem to be conceding an awful lot of goals from crossing. Everytime the striker just seems to muscle my defenders out of the way and head it in ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Have to say I'm not experiencing any lag whatsoever.

I have a pretty good Virgin Media connection here in Dublin and using it via ethernet cable. Don't know if that's making the difference or not but my online games are always smooth (though they lag within 5 seconds of the initial kickoff, but that's it).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I havent tried ethernet cable but assume it may make a difference. I take it you're ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

PES 2017 only £26 in Tesco across the UK, wonder if Tesco Ireland are selling it for a comparable price....? Might pop in later and update this post.

I havent tried ethernet cable but assume it may make a difference. I take it you're ps4?

This is the PS4 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

This is the PS4 thread.

Only just realised that. I have it on Xbox and I've been commenting on it since the thread started! Probably cos it's the only pro evo thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

TeflonRon wrote: »
    PES 2017 only £26 in Tesco across the UK, wonder if Tesco Ireland are selling it for a comparable price....? Might pop in later and update this post.
    I don't think Tesco Ireland will be stocking any new games until their media-departments' merger with HMV fully comes into effect in the shops. Tesco are still clearing out their media stock so it might be a few weeks until they start bringing in more items.

Also, because of this merger, I doubt that Tesco Ireland's media prices will have any form of cohesion with their UK counterparts, as HMV will technically be setting the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its in stock in a good few Argos stores still (Presuming PS4)

http://checkargos.com/product/5697102

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

I really not feeling the flow of games in general, played against my sis though and I had an enjoyable game. Keepers still seem to be too easily bet once a shot is inside the box imo but I realize arguably irl most strikers wouldnt have thr time that my shoddy defending allows.
    AI needs a bit more intent, they split my defence open with a through ball but the striker appears to go through the motions as opposed to making a direct run in on goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

started my club, got a couple of good players, but I am getting hammered by 4 or 5 goals a game.............half not got a clue how to start getting a half decent side.............. any tips ???

tigger123 wrote: »
    Is it a hassle adding the international teams one by one?

I remember previous versions of downloadable Option Files whereby is all kits/teams/edits at once.

Cheers for the response!

No it's very handy. The guys creating them create .bin files and you just go into edit, import teams, select the .bin file and it updates the teams logo, kit, manager etc

It's very easy to do, much better than last year :)

To illustrate, it took me an hour and I had the entire premier league, championship, la liga, Bundesliga, Liga NOS and two Italian teams fully uploaded and ready to go. When the internationals are available, it'll probably take a further half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    started my club, got a couple of good players, but I am getting hammered by 4 or 5 goals a game.............half not got a clue how to start getting a half decent side.............. any tips ???

Play the comps against the CPU first to build up GP/team chemistry. Also, do as many of the tasks as you can to build up GP/Gold Coins

Colemania wrote: »
    Only just realised that. I have it on Xbox and I've been commenting on it since the thread started! Probably cos it's the only pro evo thread!

Meh, PS4/ XBox is a similar experience. PC is way different, as has been evidenced by Jimmy's continual displeasure :pac:

I think the Scouting System they have in the game this year is pretty genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I think the Scouting System they have in the game this year is pretty genius!

Ya its brilliant. I heard it's very competitive on ps4 but I've already got a few handy 2 and 3 star scouts. Have to pay a fortune for a decent 4 star scout but I already got a 4 star Africa and Spanish league scout. There's a handy fella for Caen in the French league from Haiti who is fairly handy to get. I got konoplyanka too by doing lmf and Ukraine. He was the only player I could have got!

Trying to get Coutinho at the moment, not far off!

Also trying to pick up a few of the Irish players - Long, Hoolahan, Brady, Coleman etc. They're handy enough to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Trying to get Coutinho at the moment, not far off!

Also trying to pick up a few of the Irish players - Long, Hoolahan, Brady, Coleman etc. They're handy enough to get.

how ??

Advertisement