Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    [/B]

how ??

Robbie Brady for instance:
    4 star 'Swerve' card
    3 star 'Ireland card'
    2 star 'LB' card.

Boom.

Just pick up the 2 and 3 star Ireland cards and apply almost anything decent (4 star) to them, and you will get some of the best Irish players.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

BabyE wrote: »
    They really did a good job in the keepers, some beautiful moments, be interesting over time to see what a difference the top tier make in comparison with goalkeepers in the low/mid 70s for instance. I gave the Real Madrid youngster a run in one of the games(rating 68 I think) and he made some class saves but it was against Leganes whose strikers wouldn't be good at all.

I love when you play a through ball(I'm terrible at them btw) but when you get one half right and it flicks off the defender but still ends up squeezing through, doing that with David Silva with Kolarov making a run into the box looks so savage.

I'd like to see more games become stretched, it does happen at least but most end up being far too compressed. I played as Real Madrid and it was wide open in fairness. But some matches just end up being midfield slogs, like I alluded to previously I think the developers placed too much emphasis on midfield battles and tika tacking your way through opposition.

Try using the advanced tactics of making your wingers hug the touchline, seems to open up games for me sometimes to my detriment ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Robbie Brady for instance:
    4 star 'Swerve' card
    3 star 'Ireland card'
    2 star 'LB' card.

Boom.

Just pick up the 2 and 3 star Ireland cards and apply almost anything decent (4 star) to them, and you will get some of the best Irish players.

cheers for the tips.. new to pes and my club and I struggling............ how do you pick up the Scout cards ? is it just by playing games or can you buy them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

A tactic that might be useful if they stay true to their word and update the stats regularly, go for players that are currently low rated and should go up in ratings. For example mane should increase from 80 rated and the likes of Dybala, Rashford, Kane and Alli would have gone up in ratings last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just got Pogba and Marcelo with 2 black balls in a row :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

How do budgets in Master League work? Does it vary from team to team? Any way to edit/view these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Had my first two games of this last night and loved it. It's so responsive. I'd read other posters make reference to it, and didn't pay it any attention, but the physics and collisions in the game feel fantastic. Very happy with it.

Spent an hour with the PES Universe option file and it's handy enough to implement. There's a video on the PES Universe website which is very good, talks you through the main points. Watch it all though before starting, otherwise you end up reinstalling Celtic and Bayern.

One thing I've realised is that every player I get deserves a decent go! Morata, who was excellent for me in the last 2 pro evos, is very average in this game. Couldn't hit a barn door at times. Then you have Bakambu from Villarreal who is rated 2 or 3 points less and much more prolific. Also, Diego Lopez has insane stats for a 84 rated keeper but he is shocking in goals! Cilissen is 80 rated and excellent!

Also, I got Cyrus Christie on loan and he was my best defender at times!

Absolutely loving the game. When it's lag free, which to be honest it is 8 times out of 10, it's unbelievable to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Would people reckon this is worth the upgrade from PES 2016 or better to wait for it to drop in price?

Would people reckon this is worth the upgrade from PES 2016 or better to wait for it to drop in price?

Its about €40 from The Games Collection. Definitely worth the upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

This is one incredible game. Playing as Man Utd in master league game and had a brilliant game against Liverpool that finished 0-0!

Mane tore my defense apart for the whole 90 minutes but I somehow came away with a point and it's my own fault I didn't take the few chances to I had win it. It was just a sensational REAL game of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've had some cracking score draws in the Master League so far, I'm about 12 games in and sitting pretty in 3rd, about 4 points behind Arsenal who beat me easily enough, 3-1. They were too quick and raced into a 3-0 lead before HT. Changed up the tactics to attack wide and got joy but couldnt score.

The game doesnt reward out and out speed merchants and it shouldnt but sometimes when you see players chasing down CFs who are clear by a few yards as they approach the box one on one its frustrating.

Still though, with the option file the game is pretty brilliant, havent tried online or BAL yet, loving the Master League.

Pretty much my only gripe with master league is the ease at which you can sign players. Other than that it's class!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Colemania wrote: »
    Pretty much my only gripe with master league is the ease at which you can sign players. Other than that it's class!

I just started Master League last night, but I didn't think it was that easy to sign players....

PSG want £96m for Di Maria, Dortmund want £70m for Aubamayeng. Boca want £50m for Tevez. I don't have Bayern in my game yet, but a 32 year old Robben was going to cost me £48m. Roma want £33m for Florenzi.

Maybe it gets easier as time goes on.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I just started Master League last night, but I didn't think it was that easy to sign players....

PSG want £96m for Di Maria, Dortmund want £70m for Aubamayeng. Boca want £50m for Tevez. I don't have Bayern in my game yet, but a 32 year old Robben was going to cost me £48m. Roma want £33m for Florenzi.

Maybe it gets easier as time goes on.

I was Watford last year and signed the likes of Dybala and players of a similar calibre for cheap enough. I suppose what I'm also getting at is that those kind of players shouldn't be interested in a move to Watford!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

This is one incredible game. Playing as Man Utd in master league game and had a brilliant game against Liverpool that finished 0-0!

Mane tore my defense apart for the whole 90 minutes but I somehow came away with a point and it's my own fault I didn't take the few chances to I had win it. It was just a sensational REAL game of football.

I have imported the option file and when I play exhibition all the transfers are updated but when I go into master league all the old squads are still there, same with bal. how did you get the updates squads into master league?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

DJ90 wrote: »
    I have imported the option file and when I play exhibition all the transfers are updated but when I go into master league all the old squads are still there, same with bal. how did you get the updates squads into master league?

Update the game in main menus, flick through and you will see an option to update the game, not just live updates but default db

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Whats the deal with the master league starting with the exact same team as a couple years ago? Is there a way to make it random, or is it Master League Team (which hasnt changed in years) or Existing Team?

Whats the deal with the master league starting with the exact same team as a couple years ago? Is there a way to make it random, or is it Master League Team (which hasnt changed in years) or Existing Team?

Think it's always been like that. Years ago ye were lucky to Ivanov as a CB, and Castello as you're only halfway decent striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

tigger123 wrote: »
    Think it's always been like that. Years ago ye were lucky to Ivanov as a CB, and Castello as you're only halfway decent striker.

Oh i dont mind about the quality, just was hoping for different names!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Bring back Minanda and Castolo I say.

Burchett (pronounced bird **** by the commentator) was my favourite.

Macco and Ximelez, totally under appreciated. Also, Ceciu.

Espinas was a legend on the wing along with Stremer at the back and Castolo and Boroja (spelling?) up front. Was there a defender in recent times called Jacomorac or something? He had class free kick stats I think

Espinas was a legend on the wing along with Stremer at the back and Castolo and Boroja (spelling?) up front. Was there a defender in recent times called Jacomorac or something? He had class free kick stats I think

I remember that well actually. Rubbish at everything else but a fairly decent left foot on him.

I thought it was a classy touch to use them as agents years later in MyClub.

Jaric and Baroja :)

Macco and Ximelez, totally under appreciated. Also, Ceciu.

Was Ximelez the central midfielder? Remember a CM starting with an X. If that's him, he was my favourite.

Was Ximelez the central midfielder? Remember a CM starting with an X. If that's him, he was my favourite.

Think he was a LWF/LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Think he was a LWF/LB.
    Back in the day Master League was all about them wing backs.

The 3 actual central defenders were essentially sacrificial lambs.

• Advertisement

Think he was a LWF/LB.

Ah yeah. I used to play a diamond in midfield and I'd start him left of the diamond so I think that's where I am getting mixed up.

Advertisement