Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I play on Top Player in everything else, but im getting beat regularly on regular in myclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Feels like im not in control of whats happening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Jaric and Baroja :)

Found the fella I was thinking of

http://pesdb.net/pes2013/player.php?id=55246

That pes database is great by the way. Used it for the last 2 years. Useful for both myclub and master league

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Colemania wrote: »
    Found the fella I was thinking of

http://pesdb.net/pes2013/player.php?id=55246

That pes database is great by the way. Used it for the last 2 years. Useful for both myclub and master league

Hmm. Might be the same guy. There was one year when they screwed around with the names of these lads. Cellini became Celnili :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hmm. Might be the same guy. There was one year when they screwed around with the names of these lads. Cellini became Celnili :eek:

Oh ya! Could be the same fella so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

I haven't played or bought PES in years as I've always been a FIFA man, but after playing the demo (very impressed with it) I decided to buy it today..

My question is though is how do I update the transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

I haven't played or bought PES in years as I've always been a FIFA man, but after playing the demo (very impressed with it) I decided to buy it today..

Scroll across the menus answer there should be one block menu saying update game if update was downloaded automatically.

A wise choice, a wise choice.

Go to PES World or PES Universe and download the option file, stick it into your USB and you can update all the teams and sh1t

Go to PES World or PES Universe and download the option file, stick it into your USB and you can update all the teams and sh1t

Is one better than the other or are they both identical?

I dunno tbh. With PES World, they are doing it in phases. I went with that as it was already out (I think PES Universe may be out now too).

PES World worked a treat for me anyway and was easier to understand. PES Universe has got lots of marketing and sh1te on their site which confuses the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I went with PES Gaming (which doesn't seem to get mentioned around here too often which is quite worrying from my perspective).

Everything seems perfect so far though with it. Complete Bundesliga (which the other have as well of course).

I'm happy with my choice anyway.

Hopefully someone will do a League of Ireland one though. That would be sweet! I know I'm probably clutching at straws though hoping for that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Wilberto wrote: »
    I went with PES Gaming (which doesn't seem to get mentioned around here too often which is quite worrying from my perspective ).

Pretty sure that's cause there's a couple people who post here who work for PES Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone know of any international kits are floating about with any of the sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is there a data pack out for this yet? Can't find anywhere in menus to download?

Wondering if I should hold.off with an OF til then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I switched over to manual pass and shot settings this morning and as always it makes a different game out of it. I normally get bored of the assisted settings quite quickly but it's taken me a week this year due to the sheer joy of zipping the ball around the field.

I realise it's not for everyone but I'd urge people who never use manual to at least try the manual override (L2/LT). I was playing Master League this morning as Nottingham Forest but with the classic PES squad. I was having trouble with the default pass settings. My front 3 were making great runs and creating space. However my supplying players simply didn't have the skill required to pull of the type of pass that the assisted settings was forcing on them.

So I switched over to manual. Problem solved. I started to deliberately overhit my through passes, sending them out much wider than normal. They didn't link-up exactly with the runners but ultimately my lads had the legs to deal with it. I realise I'm probably preaching to the choir for a lot of you, but I didn't put that much time into PES 2016 and I'd almost forgotten how much more effective the manual pass is for exploiting space.

The problem for me is that I can't get used to using L2. It feel unnatural having to press two buttons to effect a pass. So it's all or nothing for me (including shooting, because I'm a masochist).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What's the first impressions on this lads?

Bought it last year, and really enjoyed it at first, but thought it got stale fairly quick. Same patterns, passes, shots etc always working, and just found that the game got too easy, or too much of a routine, too fast. Both on the highest CPU level, and online.

I know its going to be hard to tell immediately if that's the case this year, but would love to know people's impressions on it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm using the file from PES Gaming. I could import everything, let it run for 30 mins and the game didn't crash. What's imported looks perfect and I didn't have to seperate downloads.

What I'd like to do is tag on the extra stuff (Bundesliga, Celtic, Rangers, Championship kits) from PES Universe. They say to delete everything first, but I'm really hoping I can just merge the best of both files together, without having delete what I have and take everything from PES Universe.

I'm really enjoying Master League (except I can't sign any players because transfer fees are insane), but I definitely want to get the real names for the clubs in the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm using the file from PES Gaming. I could import everything, let it run for 30 mins and the game didn't crash. What's imported looks perfect and I didn't have to seperate downloads.

What I'd like to do is tag on the extra stuff (Bundesliga, Celtic, Rangers, Championship kits) from PES Universe. They say to delete everything first, but I'm really hoping I can just merge the best of both files together, without having delete what I have and take everything from PES Universe.

Yep you can indeed do it that way, cherry picking the .bins to import and it won't affect the teams there.

Konami have issued a recommendation to import only 20 teams at a time maximum as crashing is common (I've had two) if you go over (even though you've been lucky so far).

Yep you can indeed do it that way, cherry picking the .bins to import and it won't affect the teams there.

Konami have issued a recommendation to import only 20 teams at a time maximum as crashing is common (I've had two) if you go over (even though you've been lucky so far).

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

The reason I asked, is that I downloaded a seperate bin file for Championship teams a few days ago. The one I have is missing kits, but has correct badges and team names. When the new applied Championship bin files, it just resets everything to default. I was wondering if it was a problem with the bin files I downloaded, or if you could tag stuff on afterwards. I know the bin files are associated to teams, but I wasn't sure if it had any relation to imported images.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I was importing on Tuesday. All the Segunda Liga, Championship & Serie B teams but I was importing a few Premier League one & it froze. Only was doing 7/8 at a time, never saved so I must do it again.
    Hope an international one comes out for the ACON in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Newbie to the Option File stuff.

Got the option file but my PS doesn't seem to recognise my USB (or doesn't show up on screen at least). When I take it out though it tells me the USB has been ejected.
    I've tried it with a couple of USBs now. Had to reformat to FAT32. Any ideas?

I use a Mac for the files if that makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rackard wrote: »
    Newbie to the Option File stuff.

Got the option file but my PS doesn't seem to recognise my USB (or doesn't show up on screen at least). When I take it out though it tells me the USB has been ejected.
    I've tried it with a couple of USBs now. Had to reformat to FAT32. Any ideas?

I use a Mac for the files if that makes a difference?

Is the folder called WEPES?
    Check out if a video plays in the Media Player. I use a cheap USB 2.0 which works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Knex. wrote: »
    What's the first impressions on this lads?

Bought it last year, and really enjoyed it at first, but thought it got stale fairly quick. Same patterns, passes, shots etc always working, and just found that the game got too easy, or too much of a routine, too fast. Both on the highest CPU level, and online.

I know its going to be hard to tell immediately if that's the case this year, but would love to know people's impressions on it so far.

It's fantastic.

I also got last years, but had better longevity than yourself, even though I just play offline in basic leagues / cups and exhibitions.

So far, I'm seeing just so many different things happening... stray balls, deflections, all combined with much better AI and more fluid play.
    Really seeing the different tactics come into their own. I've played some games when it seems the pitch is the size of a tennis court... and others where everyone is in acres of space! :D

Combine this game with some community downloads / patches etc... to get the latest graphics / kits, and it's simply untouchable IMO.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is the folder called WEPES?
    Check out if a video plays in the Media Player. I use a cheap USB 2.0 which works fine

Yeah followed it all to a tee.
    USBs work on computer but not on PS.

Headwrecking as I'm enjoying the game as is but obviously would love the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah followed it all to a tee.
    USBs work on computer but not on PS.

Headwrecking as I'm enjoying the game as is but obviously would love the updates.

USB formatted to FAT32?

noodler wrote: »
    USB formatted to FAT32?

Yeah. Kinda sounding like there could be a glitch on my PS4 now as I'm not hearing anyone with similar problems! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah. Kinda sounding like there could be a glitch on my PS4 now as I'm not hearing anyone with similar problems! :(

I've the same issue, my USB not being recognised. Also on a mac btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Have you tried wiggling or applying upward pressure on your USB stick to see if the PS4 picks it up? Is there a light on the stick to feedback when it's in use?
    Also, you have to make sure your WEPES folder is at the root of the path on your flash drive (i.e. not within another folder).

I tried installing OF's on my second PS4 last night and had a small problem with my PS4 not recognising my flash drive, much the same as yourself. There's a small green LED light on the end of the stick, and it wasn't turning on at all, no feedback given from the PS4 either.

Given that it was both a different PS4 and a different flash drive that I was using compared to my first installation of OF's this year, I thought the problem could be on either end.
    I took a notion to wiggle the flash drive in the USB port as I remember my old PS3 having trouble with an external hard drive and wiggling it made it power up the HDD. Once I applied upward pressure on the stick the LED started flashing and I was in business. :)

If FAT32 isn't working, try reformatting to exfat.

It's also better not to use a mac if possible as it doubles the list of bin files, and precedes one with an underscore........or just ignore the ones with underscores.

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    Have you tried wiggling or applying upward pressure on your USB stick to see if the PS4 picks it up? Is there a light on the stick to feedback when it's in use?
    Also, you have to make sure your WEPES folder is at the root of the path on your flash drive (i.e. not within another folder).

I tried installing OF's on my second PS4 last night and had a small problem with my PS4 not recognising my flash drive, much the same as yourself. There's a small green LED light on the end of the stick, and it wasn't turning on at all, no feedback given from the PS4 either.

Given that it was both a different PS4 and a different flash drive that I was using compared to my first installation of OF's this year, I thought the problem could be on either end.
    I took a notion to wiggle the flash drive in the USB port as I remember my old PS3 having trouble with an external hard drive and wiggling it made it power up the HDD. Once I applied upward pressure on the stick the LED started flashing and I was in business. :)
    Thanks a mill Nailz, this actually worked!! Folder just appeared onscreen after a wiggle so am currently uploading.
    Cheers!

Advertisement