Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I've heard that if you have another usb cable connected to the PS4, eg, to charge a joypad, then the game won't recognise the usb. Source: PESUniverse option file installation guide video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Guys, I have a USB key that lights up when it's partially inserted into the PS4, but I have to give it a push and click it into place for it to be recognised. Just be aware of that if you're only setting up your Option File now. I had assumed it was fully inserted because it was lit up. Not so. It took me two hours and four cans of Smithwicks to realise what was happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Lads one of my USB sticks works but using my phone as a USB does not, even though I confirm I want to use it as a USB when I connect it to PS4 but the area where file show is blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Did you guys pay for the Pes Universe? Worth going for the $10 over the $5? I'm not in for gimmicky kits like the joker etc just want the proper names etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

jclack wrote: »
    Did you guys pay for the Pes Universe? Worth going for the $10 over the $5? I'm not in for gimmicky kits like the joker etc just want the proper names etc

Didn't pay. The option file is available for nothing on their website. The difference in paying vs not paying is things like early access, classic kits etc. You can also pay if you feel you should though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I don't even think it's even legal for them to charge for it without also providing it for free as well. I mean, if they started charging completely for it then EA would surely be on their case immediately as they have the exclusive rights. That's just my hunch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wilberto wrote: »
    I don't even think it's even legal for them to charge for it without also providing it for free as well. I mean, if they started charging completely for it then EA would surely be on their case immediately as they have the exclusive rights. That's just my hunch anyway.

Am I blind or is the free one up on pesuniverse, can't find it anywhere unless you are a member.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

noodler wrote: »
    Am I blind or is the free one up on pesuniverse, can't find it anywhere unless you are a member.

I've no idea where it is on the site tbh. I haven't used that one. :)

noodler wrote: »

Actually, I just looked there and saw this:
    FREE files to download will be coming soon after early access for members of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

The complete files are there for free on Pesuniverse. There's a tab at the top of the page, click on it.

• Advertisement

The complete files are there for free on Pesuniverse. There's a tab at the top of the page, click on it.

Fair enough, I only looked for a few seconds as I already have my option file from elsewhere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Finding goals hard to come by in my Ipswich Town Master league, still challenging for promotion thanks to the leagues best defense but the signing of Dani Osvaldo on a free has proven to be a mistake. I got a 74 rated player through my youth system which seems a bit too high for a 17 year old. Hopefully this doesn't mean the master league will become too easy too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Rackard wrote: »
    Thanks a mill Nailz, this actually worked!! Folder just appeared onscreen after a wiggle so am currently uploading.
    Cheers!
    No problem Rackard! I'll be honest... I'm surprised it actually worked myself. :pac:

Glad you're up and running though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I had an absolutely cracking run of about 12 games in the Europa League last night with United. My group consisted of Feyenoord, Beşiktaş (as a replacement for Fenerbahçe), and some weak fake team from the 'Other European Teams' category.

Finished off with 13 points in the group stages, dropping points only to Feyenoord in both my ties with them; I drew 1-1 with them away from home in the first group fixture, and then they beat me in a tight tie 1-0 at OT, which was the penultimate fixture of the group stages.

That tie set me up for a very hairy game against Beşiktaş, if they beat me at all they would've leapfrogged me in the group by a point. Also, going into the game Feyenoord were on 9 points (one point behind me at 10) with a better head-to-head against United and their last game was against the weakest team, so they were bound to get a result. I definitely had to draw, and even that was likely to put me against the group winners/CL rejects if Feyenoord won.

So I go into this game with Beşiktaş and I find myself 2-0 down at half time... :pac:
    They've played well, both goals were sucker punches but still entirely my own fault, they just unlocked some tactical naivety when it comes to defending their style of attack. I hadn't experienced this against Beşiktaş in the first fixture as they had one of their front 3 sent off in the first 10 minutes of the match (for two elbows BTW!) and I just laid out attack after attack, and thumped them 5-0.

For the second half, I had to just throw caution to the wind and pull off and just through players forward. I usually play with a 3 in midfield of Herrera and Pogba, with Schneiderlin sitting deep. I swapped out Schneiderlin for Fellaini, shifted the midfield up [DMF to CM, CM to AMF], chose Centering Targets (bearing in mind that Zlatan is also there) and Attacking Full Backs (while subbing in Valencia for Darmian) and just bombard the **** out of Beşiktaş.

I finally unlocked their defense around the 65th minute; Zlatan heading in an early cross from Valencia. Plenty of time to at least guarantee myself a knockout place. But then Beşiktaş really began to tighten up, I'm talking deep defensive line, swarm the box, man marking on Ibrahimovic and Pogba, and full-on defensive levels.
    So I duly obliged but going to the highest attacking level with Smalling adding to Zlatan, Pogba and Fellaini!
    It was scrappy, but I managed to finally break them down in the 82nd minute after a bout of ping pong headers in the Beşiktaş box that finally fell to Mkhitaryan who placed his finish in the bottom corner from about 10 yards out.
    For good measure, Memphis grabbed the winner in the 88th minute after some lovely interplay with wee Ander Herrera. :)

After I went on to beat Dynamo Kiev in the round of 32 and Crystal Palace in the round of 16 both 4-1 on aggregate, I finished off my night with an incredible quarter-final tie with Liverpool. :pac:
    I lost the first leg 2-1 away after going down 2-0. Liverpool really should've scored more to be honest, they were literally hammering my defense the entire match, I don't know how I didn't concede in the second half. At that, I still managed to knick a really satisfying Zlatan away goal which was a rebound from a resulting Pogba close-range shot that hit the post.
    In the second leg at home, I learned from how they were attacking and setup up in a counteracting way.
    ... I won the second leg 3-0. ;)

TL;DR - I'm having great fun altogether! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I started to install the Pes Universe option file last night, looks good so far.

Its a bit of a pain doing 10 teams at a time but it's such a major improvement on the crap we had to do last year! Have Premier league, Championship and La Liga done. Probably spent about 15 minutes at the PS4 so far with the edit mode. Kits look great.

I feel they could have laid it out better though, the teams should have been all named prefixed with their league code so they would be grouped together (EPL_Arsenal.bin, EPL_Liverpool.bin etc). Also for leagues you are less familiar with it would be easier to know which teams to add (e.g. I didn't know all the teams in the La Liga for example so needed to pull up wikipedia).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm really enjoying Master League to the point where I'm not that arsed about FIFA being released or trading on the web app. I'm normally dying for the new FIFA release at this time of year.

I've added the Bundesliga, Celtic and Rangers from PES Universe to my non-PES universe option file and all was fine. I've downloaded a few more teams from PES Gaming so I can replace the fake teams in my Master League Champions League & Europa League. It'll be nice to have the likes of Zenit, Anderlecht, Shaktar, Young Boys, Viktoria Plzen etc.

I played PES up until PES6, then converted to FIFA from 08 to now. I'd say FIFA will still be my main game because of the crazy lag when playing PES online, but I'll definitely play a lot more PES this year. Offline is great and the AI are good to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This might be a stupid question, but when you turn on classic players in ML, where do they go? They're not listed a free agents or others.

Or do you have to get them in MyClub before you can use them in ML? I've heard something about that for Ronaldinho. I would really like to use classic players in ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

v3ttel wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question, but when you turn on classic players in ML, where do they go? They're not listed a free agents or others.

Or do you have to get them in MyClub before you can use them in ML? I've heard something about that for Ronaldinho. I would really like to use classic players in ML.

They may be released as youth players but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So many leagues, Chinese?, Mexican?, Chilean, Brazilian, Argentine. A lot of option files, looking for a Serie B one too. Segunda & Championship were easy to find. Even have the Bundlesliga now too & every tournament done too. Then the international teams hopefully...
    Haven't started a Master League yet or MyClub & won't until I find more option files. :rolleyes:
    It's a pity more stadiums aren't licenced a couple of them I picked look lovely. One was like a big American football stadium and the other had a big track around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If I'm reading the pesuniverse site right, I have to download a dozen files.

So stupid not having them in the same download folder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

Any recommendations for gems or bargains in master league?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

breeno wrote: »
    Any recommendations for gems or bargains in master league?

I got McGeady in My Club, he's always brilliant. Trying to get Long!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I got McGeady in My Club, he's always brilliant. Trying to get Long!

Christie from Derby and Schlupp from Leicester are decent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm really struggling to break the AI down in Master League. Playing on Top Player and I've had so many 0-0 draws or 1-0 defeats. I've tried a tonne of formations and none seem to help. They seem to pack so many behind the ball and space is non-existent. Played about 15 games and I haven't had one placed shot because they close me down too quickly.

Any tips? Just keep persisting?

Have played about 6 games of myclub online and have been tanked in all games bar 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

I'm really struggling to break the AI down in Master League. Playing on Top Player and I've had so many 0-0 draws or 1-0 defeats. I've tried a tonne of formations and none seem to help. They seem to pack so many behind the ball and space is non-existent. Played about 15 games and I haven't had one placed shot because they close me down too quickly.

Have played about 6 games of myclub online and have been tanked in all games bar 1.

Have a look at your Support Range setting under the tactics screen, and set it to 7 or 8 out of 10. That way when you're moving into the final third if the pitch the teammates will move close to provide outlets for the man in possession. That way when you're closed down you have options to hold on to possession. Key probing till someone makes a decent run.

My advice is not to play 100 mph football like most do. Build up the play, pass it around, keep the ball. Play 1-2's and try use the space.

If, for instance, your LB is being closed down too quickly, switch the play to the opposite wing with a long ball to the RB, if there is space.

If the opposition come chasing forward, but you can keep the ball, the space is left behind their defensive line.

All the above being said, be aware that whomever your manager is will affect your teams shape and what tactics your team can play effectively. Look at the Game Plan to see. If its not a system you can work with, you need a new manager.

I bought Ranieri as manager the other night, think his name is Pizzi or something. What a mistake! Formation doesn't suit me at all! I only got it so I could play 2 strikers and play 2 wide midfielders but Mahrez on the wing is so ineffective and my midfield is being overrun! 1 defensive mid is needed at the very least anyway!

I think the manager system in my club is the single most annoying feature IMO, having to buy different managers to try new systems is madness. I just got Thomas Muller and have nowhere to play him as he's best in one my position so he's sitting on the bench for me until I can get a good manager.

I think the manager system in my club is the single most annoying feature IMO, having to buy different managers to try new systems is madness. I just got Thomas Muller and have nowhere to play him as he's best in one my position so he's sitting on the bench for me until I can get a good manager.

I think its clever.

Most people would agree that Benteke is a good player, but he didnt fit Liverpool's style under Klopp, so he had to go.

England have had some great players down the years, but they've been shocking for decades, seemingly because know one can instruct them to play in a way that suits them.

• Advertisement

Ive no problem with having to use different managers for different styles of play but you should be able to alter player positions. Saying ranieri for example plays 442 and nothing else is silly, they should all have a few formations available to them. Mourinho is famous for 433 but he plays many different tactics regularly same with Pep who no longer uses the false 9 he became famous for.

Advertisement