Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TheMidnitekid

noodler wrote: »
    If I'm reading the pesuniverse site right, I have to download a dozen files.

So stupid not having them in the same download folder.

Hey man they are all in the same folder including all the bins but you have to download each league, then simply drag and drop to USB

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dokett

Anyone else have any trouble with hitting the image limit when importing option files?

I imported the La Liga & Premier League teams fine but when adding any other leagues I receive an error stating I cannot import any more images - Please delete existing images first.

Using the pesworld option files.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

How is the game playing, tempted to grab it this year along with Fifa. I remember the good old days of Pro Evo in master league, good times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ive no problem with having to use different managers for different styles of play but you should be able to alter player positions. Saying ranieri for example plays 442 and nothing else is silly, they should all have a few formations available to them. Mourinho is famous for 433 but he plays many different tactics regularly same with Pep who no longer uses the false 9 he became famous for.

Well you can change the positions to a certain extent, within an area. But dont forget either that there are like three tactics for each manager. For some of the better managers, these can be completely different formations.

Havent played it yet, but I really like the idea

• Advertisement

Kal El wrote: »
    How is the game playing, tempted to grab it this year along with Fifa. I remember the good old days of Pro Evo in master league, good times :D

Its better than the good old days! Forget FIFA.

I could never forget Fifa, but still think Ill grab it this year. I was so let down in the change over to PS4 but the reviews seem brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dokett wrote: »
    Anyone else have any trouble with hitting the image limit when importing option files?

I imported the La Liga & Premier League teams fine but when adding any other leagues I receive an error stating I cannot import any more images - Please delete existing images first.

PESWorld used all hi-res images so it filled up quickly.

PESUniverse has a mix of hi and lo res kits so still plenty of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Dokett wrote: »

PESWorld used all hi-res images so it filled up quickly.

PESUniverse has a mix of hi and lo res kits so still plenty of space.

I've had the same issue and I haven't even done the international kits yet. Is it worth deleting all and starting again with PES Universe?

You can also appoint an assistant manager - who can be anyone - and you can then switch to and from their tactics before/ during games.

So you could switch from 4-3-3 to 5-4-1, if you wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

It works very well with a 433 with 3 CMF's and then your defensive manager with a 433 with 2 CMF's and a DMF and having a CMF that can play both positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hey man they are all in the same folder including all the bins but you have to download each league, then simply drag and drop to USB

I didn't mean to have a go.

I was just.doing it late last night and couldn't understand why all the folders couldn't be in one file.

Watches your how to video (it needs some editing!) and got it all working so thanks very much. Its a great job.

I do miss the days of the ps2 though where one file held everything and you only had to transfer it to memory card. Simpler times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

How do you select help?The small square on the bottom left of screen?

Just signed Gonzalo Higuain. Cost me 182,000 GP for a 5 star Juventus agent but he's worth it.

182,000 GP

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

J Mysterio wrote: »
    :eek:

That's the second most ludicrous fee I've seen for Higuain this summer :pac:

I got sick of all the tire kickers bidding 1k more at a time so went big to scare them all off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

They really need to sort out something in these games to make the AI better, it is too easy to tackle even the best players, also Messi does some ****ty skill move that I've never seen him to do, or will he ever do ever, the animation looks so ****ing **** and it is so far from something Lionel would do.

Also there is a problem with pace in the game. As a doss, I put Ter Stiegen, and the two other goalkeepers in Barcelonas back 3, there doesn't seem to be enough discrepency between what ought to be speed deamons and some wiley old centre half. Pace should matter more than it does. Teams defend far too deep all of the time, and movement from players isn't good enough to create scenarios of break away goals using a beautiful slide rule pass to leave you one on one with goalkeeper.

However when it comes to playing against an actual real life person the game is nearly perfect. Defending is a little overpowered imo, commentary sucks and so too does atmosphere which takes you out of the game, and some animations are really poor(the leap and catch the goalkeepers do where they dive looks woeful)

Its good food but I disagree that it recreates real football, it recreates one type of football, probing passing sides ala Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man City. Try a long ball tactic or quick counter and it doesn't play as well(basically not allowing you to play a long ball game if you wished)

BabyE wrote: »
    They really need to sort out something in these games to make the AI better, it is too easy to tackle even the best players, also Messi does some ****ty skill move that I've never seen him to do, or will he ever do ever, the animation looks so ****ing **** and it is so far from something Lionel would do.

Also there is a problem with pace in the game. As a doss, I put Ter Stiegen, and the two other goalkeepers in Barcelonas back 3, there doesn't seem to be enough discrepency between what ought to be speed deamons and some wiley old centre half. Pace should matter more than it does. Teams defend far too deep all of the time, and movement from players isn't good enough to create scenarios of break away goals using a beautiful slide rule pass to leave you one on one with goalkeeper.

However when it comes to playing against an actual real life person the game is nearly perfect. Defending is a little overpowered imo, commentary sucks and so too does atmosphere which takes you out of the game, and some animations are really poor(the leap and catch the goalkeepers do where they dive looks woeful)

Its good food but I disagree that it recreates real football, it recreates one type of football, probing passing sides ala Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man City. Try a long ball tactic or quick counter and it doesn't play as well(basically not allowing you to play a long ball game if you wished)

Have you ever enjoyed anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

BabyE wrote: »

Ever since I started reading the thread about PES 2016 you have had so many complaints about AI, goalkeepers, s**t this and s**t that. I swear most of the time I'm sure you don't even realise its a computer game. It can only do so much. They can only programme so many variables that are involved in an actual real life match.

It has its issues yes, like any other football game, but its a damn fine game and its great fun. I have barely even noticed some of the issues you seem to come across. I don't let them bother me, because I am too busy enjoying it and they don't interfere with said enjoyment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

I started my Master League and am really enjoying it. Some great new additions this year: the separation of the transfer and wage budgets is great, and the last day of the transfer window running hour by hour. They also seem to have sorted out the Youth Team; it's no longer a case of getting amazing players (Cole, Terry et al) for free at the start of each season.

I started my campaign with 3 consecutive defeats, and am loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Lads, is there an option file out there that allows you to replace each of the fake leagues as well as sorting out Serie B. I'm using Pes Universe's OF at the moment and replaced the PEU league with their Bundesliga file. Really want to get stuck into a Master League but want to sort out the fake leagues first. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I have to say, after playing it more, I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with defenders all catching up on me as if it was Bellerin chasing John Terry. There has been many times at this stage where I'd be running at goal free with Aguero and somebody like Gary Cahill is catching up with me at a ridic pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've added in Hadjuk Split, Galatasaray, Shaktar Donetsk, Viktoria Plzen and a few others from PES Gaming. It really pads out the Champions League and Europa League very nicely.

I've scored a couple of really great looking goals. Tevez stretching for a header and redirects it with a placed finish back across goal that left the keeper stranded....it looked like one of the most fluid and realistic goals I've scored in years of playing football games.

I really want to try get my first ML season complete by Friday when FIFA comes out.
    tigger123 wrote: »
    Some great new additions this year: the separation of the transfer and wage budgets is great, and the last day of the transfer window running hour by hour.

It's a nice addition, but it's a bit annoying that every single action takes 2 or 3 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

callaway92 wrote: »
    I have to say, after playing it more, I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with defenders all catching up on me as if it was Bellerin chasing John Terry. There has been many times at this stage where I'd be running at goal free with Aguero and somebody like Gary Cahill is catching up with me at a ridic pace.
    I dont see why they do this. Its really annoying imo. It works both ways so many times AI gets through me but the striker has no pace to break away from my guys, I should be punished for pushing up and losing the ball in a bad position.

Btw coleman is so good in the game. Hed be the perfect fit to complete man city

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

Started a ML with Watford last night. Played 4 drawn 3 and lost 1. Brought a few players in but lacking a bit of pace. Got Callum Wilson in up front who'll hopefully provide pace and goals.

I Love how every match feels a bit different. It also feels much more satisfying than Fifa for some reason. I was down to 10 men in one of my drawn games and was up against it for a long time and it felt so satisfying to hold on for the draw. I've never been that engrossed when playing Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Scoring goals is tough going this year but it's realistic defending from the AI and blowing chances is nobody's fault but my own. I am pretty good at defending but my forward play needs a lot of work. ****ing amazing game this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

callaway92 wrote:

This is my biggest gripe.

I really wish there was a speed differential setting like the old NCAA Football games, where a high setting means the fast players are really fast and the slow players are really slow, and a low setting evens it up a little bit but not completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This is my biggest gripe.

I really wish there was a speed differential setting like the old NCAA Football games, where a high setting means the fast players are really fast and the slow players are really slow, and a low setting evens it up a little bit but not completely.

I personally thnik that this, on balance, is the way it needs to be.

Too many PES games in the past descend into pace>all other stats.

It'll take time, but I ma actually noticing the difference (or benefit I should say) of having a few players who might be slower but have good technique, stroking it around the opposition halve.

I remember the jumpe between PES 2 and 3 and a similar change. It definitelt went from being overly pacy in 2 to a much more cerebral (or a more appropriate word) game.

All my games so far have been with ML and the crap players so I havent even had a chance to play with quality - might to a CL campaign or something so I can notice the difference.

Another thing I miss from earlier games (strangely) is when I didn't have an option file for the Championship. This ment the lower division was much smaller and less of a slog.

Im nearly halfway through a Championship season in ML and I dont look like getting promoted and it will be another 50 odd games before I get into the EPL and can attract serious players.

Last thing, the more I play the more I wish you could turn off player growth. I preferred 'point-in-time' ML players. I wanted to buy players who are currently class in world football - I didnt want to be stuck in the Championship for two years and find loads of players have declined/retired whilst absolute no-namers are becoming superstars (but prob just me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

noodler wrote: »

Im nearly halfway through a Championship season in ML and I dont look like getting promoted and it will be another 50 odd games before I get into the EPL and can attract serious players.

Last thing, the more I play the more I wish you could turn off player growth. I preferred 'point-in-time' ML players. I wanted to buy players who are currently class in world football - I didnt want to be stuck in the Championship for two years and find loads of players have declined/retired whilst absolute no-namers are becoming superstars (but prob just me).

Each to their own, but for me that's the fun part: The Slog.

No money, sh*te players, and you have to work your way out it and into the EPL. F*cking Bliss :D

Advertisement