Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

getting a pain in my arse with my club online... nearly everyone I come up against has two of Bale, Ronaldo, Messi or Neymar, its ridiculous............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    getting a pain in my arse with my club online... nearly everyone I come up against has two of Bale, Ronaldo, Messi or Neymar, its ridiculous............

I played in the online tournament over the weekend with a 2 star team and got 3 draws and 1 win against teams with superstars in it.

My 64 rate RB had Ronaldo and Neymar in his pocket when I came up against them.

Its easy to defend against because they all try to cut inside to take a shot with their right foot and all you have to do is not challenge and just block their line of sight to goal to block the shot and get another player to press.

Ronaldo playing CF is a different story. He consistently beats my best defenders in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Been playing the demo on-and-off for the last week or so and having a lot of fun with it. Need to get to grips more with player movement (coming from FIFA for the past few years) in tight spaces, but gameplay feels really good.

Probably helps that I scored a cracking half-volley using the manual aim (I love that it's so convenient to switch between auto and manual aiming). Must pull the trigger soon and actually buy it!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

@ DaMidniteKid, will PES Universe be doing international teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

tigger123 wrote: »
    @ DaMidniteKid, will PES Universe be doing international teams?

Think I saw somewhere that they'll be out in the next update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Tried several times last night to play a friendly match against a friend online but couldn't finish one game. Anyone else having trouble or maybe it's just my crappy 3MB broadband...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Most likely you have two of Bale Messi Neymar etc in your team, if you have two black ball players in a half decent side your a 5 star team and will get matched against 5 star teams.
    I haven't got a team to compete with the galacticos so I dropped my TOTY players and I have a 3 star side of pretty solid players and set match making to similar level. Haven't come against any teams of superstars yet online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Most likely you have two of Bale Messi Neymar etc in your team, if you have two black ball players in a half decent side your a 5 star team and will get matched against 5 star teams.
    I haven't got a team to compete with the galacticos so I dropped my TOTY players and I have a 3 star side of pretty solid players and set match making to similar level. Haven't come against any teams of superstars yet online

I did this for a bit last year but you end up waiting ages for a match or not getting a game at all after a while. I think once everyone starts to get a few Black ball players they only play with their weaker squads to get stamina back etc.

Have played very little MyClub so far but I spun a few of the CL agent and did great, got Kevin De Bruyne, Blaise Matuidi, Gabi and Ospina. Have a fairly decent gold team now to work with. Will probably keep De Bruyne and Matuidi in reserve along with Neuer until I have a decent black ball team.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

callaway92 wrote: »
    I have to say, after playing it more, I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with defenders all catching up on me as if it was Bellerin chasing John Terry. There has been many times at this stage where I'd be running at goal free with Aguero and somebody like Gary Cahill is catching up with me at a ridic pace.

Are you double tapping sprint? Have to time the double tap to perfection this year but it still works to break away from defenders, I'm tearing passed full backs with Zaha.
    If a defender is on your heels and your first touch is a double tap your just gone straight into space

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Spent 40k in GP last night for the CL agent. Pulled;

1. Sommer GK 82
    2. K.Trapp GK 82
    3. Julio Cesar GK 84
    4. K.Navas GK 85.

Arghhhhh!! Oh well, converted the first 3 into trainers for Navas, he's a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Spent 40k in GP last night for the CL agent. Pulled;

1. Sommer GK 82
    2. K.Trapp GK 82
    3. Julio Cesar GK 84
    4. K.Navas GK 85.

Arghhhhh!! Oh well, converted the first 3 into trainers for Navas, he's a beast.

Ha that's unlucky. My first keeper I got in the whole game has been my best one! I got Cilissen in the barca agent at the start and I was fairly disappointed by it but he's been absolutely outstanding! Started off 80 rated, now 81. I also got Diego Lopez who is 84 rated and has insane stats but he was awful for me. Also got Schmeichel and Sergio Rico recently. Rico is handy enough and Schmeichel is alright too but Cilissen is the man!

Saving my coins up now for the legends tomorrow. Hopefully we're guaranteed one!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Try to make a two or even a three star team and then when your searching for a match, have the settings set at similar level that way you won't come up against superstar teams but teams that are matching your own. A handy way to keep your star rating down is to fill your bench with low rated players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

A handy way to keep your star rating down is to fill your bench with low rated players.

Schnake!

"Ha that's unlucky. My first keeper I got in the whole game has been my best one! I got Cilissen in the barca agent at the start and I was fairly disappointed by it but he's been absolutely outstanding! Started off 80 rated, now 81. I also got Diego Lopez who is 84 rated and has insane stats but he was awful for me. Also got Schmeichel and Sergio Rico recently. Rico is handy enough and Schmeichel is alright too but Cilissen is the man!

Saving my coins up now for the legends tomorrow. Hopefully we're guaranteed one!"

Yes tomorrows agent will be excellent! Really want to get Ronaldinho, but as above my luck in PES so far has been 'limited'.

Predicting I get Luis Enrique :(

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Yes tomorrows agent will be excellent! Really want to get Ronaldinho, but as above my luck in PES so far has been 'limited'.

Predicting I get Luis Enrique :(

Oh god I hope i don't get him or Larsson! Ronaldinho or Rivaldo would do the finest!

I assume you get one chance at the Legend ball like last year? To be fair I got Inzaghi last year and he was one of the best players I used in PES 2016 so maybe Larsson or Enrique might be a gem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

How do the Barca legends work, do we get a special agent free or do we have to purchase something?

How do the Barca legends work, do we get a special agent free or do we have to purchase something?

The only free ones you can get will be from winning the online and offline challenge cups relating to those agents. I don't think I've failed to win both the online or offline cups for these agents all throughout PES 2016. Of course it means I play much less seasons then!

With regards the guarantee of a legend like last year, nobody knows! I tweeted the Pro Evo twitter account today about it but no reply

I should have nearly 400k GP by Thursday and I'll be saving it and waiting to see what way they do the legends this year. If they just mix them in with the top agents I might hold off for R9. He is the only forward that would get into my front 3.

My first choice squad so far is..

Griezmann - Higuain - Messi

Gundogen - Modric - Yaya Toure

Alaba - Miranda - Godin - Zabaleta

Pepe Reina

Judging from myClub last year there should be a 100% Black ball for one spin only , then after that the 5 Barca legends will be mixed with all the other players, looking about 4% of success thereafter.

• Advertisement

I should have nearly 400k GP by Thursday and I'll be saving it and waiting to see what way they do the legends this year. If they just mix them in with the top agents I might hold off for R9. He is the only forward that would get into my front 3.

My first choice squad so far is..

Griezmann - Higuain - Messi

Gundogen - Modric - Yaya Toure

Alaba - Miranda - Godin - Zabaleta

Pepe Reina

How are you making so much money? Other than playing 25 games a night and winning most of them, how is it possible!

I suppose he is buying GP. He already spend 180,000 on Higuain! :pac:

I thought you can only buy coins and not GP?

I thought you can only buy coins and not GP?

You'd be right there! That's why I'm so puzzled :D

I've won the first game in the team spirit challenge and the novice cup a couple of hundred times.

I have a farming squad with low rated players and just release them when their contracts are done.

The plan is to farm 13,500 GP a day for 10 weeks and including the 10k a week you get for the pre order bonus I should have 1 million GP in 10 weeks, and then I'm going to spin the lot of it when the original Ronaldo is released.

I've won the first game in the team spirit challenge and the novice cup a couple of hundred times.

I have a farming squad with low rated players and just release them when their contracts are done.

The plan is to farm 13,500 GP a day for 10 weeks and including the 10k a week you get for the pre order bonus I should have 1 million GP in 10 weeks, and then I'm going to spin the lot of it when the original Ronaldo is released.

lol. Are you an accountant too? :pac:

So how many games online and offline do you play a day?

Colemania wrote: »
    So how many games online and offline do you play a day?

No idea. I'd say about 25.

So if you have a player who has say 10 games left on his contract, if you leave him on the bench will that count as a game played? What if he's not in your match day squad at all?

• Advertisement

So if you have a player who has say 10 games left on his contract, if you leave him on the bench will that count as a game played? What if he's not in your match day squad at all?

A players contract doesn't reduce if he doesn't play so doesn't matter if they're in the squad

Advertisement