Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

ERG89 wrote: »
    I have more chance of being struck by lightning than getting a Barca legend. Seriously what were they thinking with them odds?
    I have about 140k left & feel like I'm wasting it. Got Dani Alves, Morata, Cabaye, K.Schmeichel, Jallet, Varane, Reus, Sergi Roberto(of course it wasn't Suarez or Rakitic) & ......Mertesacker. :eek:
    Not a fan of the lottery system I feel the chances of getting black or even gold balls is so much lower than last year.

2 pages back, Pesuniverse.com
    It's kits take up less data than Pes Gaming. No away jersey for Burton Albion or crests for Serie B though.

Thanks mate!

Not sure how I can live without Burton Albion's away shirt though. Might have to just switch to Fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ERG89 wrote: »
    Not a fan of the lottery system I feel the chances of getting black or even gold balls is so much lower than last year.

Then bid for the scouts you need to get the player you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Has anyone received a 5* star scout yet from playing or simming? I've done about 40 odd games so far and only 4*, seems very low chance of receiving them, probably due to Konami forcing people to bid for them on the auction house, more $$$$ for them.

And as mentioned above, only 4% of Black Ball for the Barca agent. Yikes.

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Has anyone received a 5* star scout yet from playing or simming? I've done about 40 odd games so far and only 4*, seems very low chance of receiving them, probably due to Konami forcing people to bid for them on the auction house, more $$$$ for them.

And as mentioned above, only 4% of Black Ball for the Barca agent. Yikes.

Yeah, I got a 5* for something, 'Catching' I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I've a few 5 star scouts. You'll get them eventually but you will more than likely need to buy a specific scout like club they play for to narrow it down to a single player.

• Advertisement

Had 10k GP left, look who is rocking my custom Irish jersey :D

http ://imgur.com/a/Sopd0

New user so delete the space between http and ://

He was the one legend I wanted but didn't get any in 40 spins. The custom kit is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Nokir

First time in years that I'm tempted to ditch Fifa and move back to PES. Some of the reviews I've come across mention that the online side of the game is poor and that it can take a while to find an opponent etc. You guys go along with this? Basically only played Fifa online so this would seal the deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Nokir wrote: »
    First time in years that I'm tempted to ditch Fifa and move back to PES. Some of the reviews I've come across mention that the online side of the game is poor and that it can take a while to find an opponent etc. You guys go along with this? Basically only played Fifa online so this would seal the deal for me.

This year they apparently have an option to select your opponent's network speed, so if you only look for the best connections it might take longer to find someone but at least it won't lag like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    This year they apparently have an option to select your opponent's network speed, so if you only look for the best connections it might take longer to find someone but at least it won't lag like ****.

Yep they do indeed. And you're dead right, it can take a little longer but if you want that lag-free game, it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

How does online work in PES actually ? I tried last year's version but the online was so **** I never really bothered (mostly lag wise).

Is it only the teams in the game, or can you make your own team like Fifa Ultimate Team ? If you for example use player-made packs to get the licensed teams etc, do they translate to the online play ?

Because as much as I liked the gameplay last year, the fact that the licenses are so bad really breaks the immersion for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    How does online work in PES actually ? I tried last year's version but the online was so **** I never really bothered (mostly lag wise).

Is it only the teams in the game, or can you make your own team like Fifa Ultimate Team ? If you for example use player-made packs to get the licensed teams etc, do they translate to the online play ?

Because as much as I liked the gameplay last year, the fact that the licenses are so bad really breaks the immersion for me.

Well if you're on PS4 you can get an option file for all the kits so that sorts that. There's a myclub mode in Pro Evo which would be their equivalent to ultimate team where you buy agents which is basically a guaranteed 1 player. There's special agents every week so for example there was a champions league agent last week where you could get any player from the champions league teams that are in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Nokir

And when you say a little bit longer, what are we talking about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

couple minutes in my experience

I don't suppose if anyone knows, but do custom created kits and team logo's appear in online matches to be seen by the opponent (such as sponsors etc.) or is it just the default generic colours of your team's strip?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Just started my club and got pogba, Andre from barca and zabaleta so not too bad overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

TeflonRon wrote: »
    I don't suppose if anyone knows, but do custom created kits and team logo's appear in online matches to be seen by the opponent (such as sponsors etc.) or is it just the default generic colours of your team's strip?

They see whatever kits that team has in their game AFAIK. So if they don't have the kits added for Man Utd for example and you use man utd they just see the default man red kits.

Also the odds on getting a legend :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

The game is far funner on professional, defence is too overpowered on higher difficulty. You can tackle whilw barely holding the pad, should be more work to make a tackle both for human and AI

Its good in a way. In PES 2016 every bastard had Roberto Carlos and Roberto Baggio. Baggio in particular could do no wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its good in a way. In PES 2016 every bastard had Roberto Carlos and Roberto Baggio. Baggio in particular could do no wrong.

Yeah, I had Baggio in PES2016 and he was class (which you would expect of course!)

J Mysterio wrote: »

Not when I want to get those players for master league it's not. Yeah last year everyone was guaranteed a legend but in truth I much prefer that.

You see the big deal ea and Xbox makes about legends but head over to the fifa thread and ask the lads there what their best legend players have been and a lot have never had any and the ones who have got legends have had fairly poor ones. What's the point of these players being in the game if I never get a chance to play with any of them?

I don't care about myClub anymore but I really want those legends so it's a pain in the arse.

Do you need to get those legends for them to be available in master league?

jclack wrote: »
    Do you need to get those legends for them to be available in master league?

Yes. I suspect we'll get a free legend towards the end of the game sometime next year.

Yes. I suspect we'll get a free legend towards the end of the game sometime next year.

That's a shame. As another poster said you should be able to get a legend or 2, whats the point in having them if only 1 or 2% of players can actually get one.

I now have Brady, McGeady and Gibson in my team. I like beating people around the world with an Irish team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just started last night, got Torres, mcgeady, Ramos, chose Sanchez as well

noodler wrote: »
    Just started last night, got Torres, mcgeady, Ramos, chose Sanchez as well

I chose Sanchez for loan too, amazing player.

jclack wrote: »

That's a shame. As another poster said you should be able to get a legend or 2, whats the point in having them if only 1 or 2% of players can actually get one.

It's actually a 4% chance at getting a black ball and then there are I think 44 or 45 players inside the black ball category on this agent with 5 of those being legends. So yeah **** all chance.

I used 120k of GP earlier and got nowhere near the black ball nevermind a legend.

• Advertisement

That 'different' music just came on for me on a spin - so I got all excited - and the ****ing thing stopped on a silver, right next to the black ball :mad:

Advertisement