Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm after getting promoted to Division 4 now in MyClub with an absolutely trash team compared to most teams I'm up against. My luck with Black Balls has been dire. The only black ball I have gotten in the game so far is James Rodriguez and he was from when I got the game first and I got one for free I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Everyone talking about stupid black balls, what about gameplay moments. I had a fantastic game there, newcastle vs Burton. Burton player miscontroled a ball over top that allowed gayle in to score my first legit one on one, didnt knkw ai miscontroled the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

BabyE wrote: »
    Everyone talking about stupid black balls, what about gameplay moments. I had a fantastic game there, newcastle vs Burton. Burton player miscontroled a ball over top that allowed gayle in to score my first legit one on one, didnt knkw ai miscontroled the ball

Wahh Wahh Wahh..

Gameplay moment for me today.

I picked Wigan as I needed 720 points in my last game to win promotion in divisions.

I was up against a guy using Liverpool and played an unreal boring possession game with him unable to break down my defense.

Step up Adam Le Fondre in the 88th minute on the back of a very slow counter-attack to slot one in the bottom right. Some feeling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

What difficulty level are people playing the master league?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭tigger123

The top level. I'm halfway through my first season with the ML original squad and no money. 14th in the league. :rolleyes: Just got thumped 4-1 by Championship leaders Aston Villa.

I've also turned the speed down by one notch. Makes the game a little more thoughtful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Haven't actually started it yet.
    I'm still holding off on fully comprehensive option files. Would like to see what phase 2 of PES World's OF looks like before diving into it.

My OCD brain needs everything to be perfect. :pac:

My intention is to play it on Superstar though. I don't mind a slog if it comes to it. It was too easy to dominate in ML last year; you would start as the ML default team and win the Champions League and PL double in 3/4 seasons.

How does the youth player system look this year lads? Are the retired regens still overpowered?

tigger123 wrote: »
    The top level. I'm halfway through my first season with the ML original squad and no money. 14th in the league. :rolleyes: Just got thumped 4-1 by Championship leaders Aston Villa.

I've also turned the speed down by one notch. Makes the game a little more thoughtful.

I was thinking going with top player but I know I won't be satisfied unless I win on superstar :/.
    Haha I know that feeling, it's the beauty of the struggle that gives us that addiction to the master league.
    Turning down the speed is interesting might try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I was thinking going with top player but I know I won't be satisfied unless I win on superstar :/.
    Haha I know that feeling, it's the beauty of the struggle that gives us that addiction to the master league.

I came up against PSG in the final of the Indomitable Challenge Cup on myclub and the difficulty was on Top Player. I got it to extra time and lost 2-1! 5 games against the computer to win that cup so I won't be doing it again in a rush! I wasn't using my full team also so I'm going to blame it on that! Professional can be tough with a weak team up against a top team like Barcelona but I agree that over the course of the season, you'd be beating the weaker teams fairly handy.

When you're using the default ML players the Youth Team is about as stinking as the senior team :D It means your transfers are critical if you're going to get anywhere.

They needed to change it from last year though. Too easy to just promote Youth Team players every year.

Give it a go, it's interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I used to play pes 2014 on slower speed, it was very enjoyable ESPECIALLY for manual players as ye have that bit longer to aim your pass. Also i found it helps ye understand the rhythm of the game better so when you go back to playing normal speed ye have a better idea of when to be pressing things etc. might try it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I used the option file from PESUniverse yesterday. But I noticed that none of the team rosters are up to date.

If i use the Live update option will that overwrite my option file data?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I used the option file from PESUniverse yesterday. But I noticed that none of the team rosters are up to date.

If i use the Live update option will that overwrite my option file data?

The transfers should be fine (Flamini is at Crystal Palace in mine and that transfer went through in the latest update iirc) but doing the live update screws up the Bundesliga or created leagues big time. Basically removes the players already in the game (Like Vidal, the German internationals and free agents I think)

Just a heads up for patch enthusiasts, Pes 2016 kit templates work for 2017 aswell. :)

There is a huge selection out there. Fully licensed master league here I come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ERG89 wrote: »
    The transfers should be fine (Flamini is at Crystal Palace in mine and that transfer went through in the latest update iirc) but doing the live update screws up the Bundesliga or created leagues big time. Basically removes the players already in the game (Like Vidal, the German internationals and free agents I think)

Pelle is still at Southampton.

There are others I've noticed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

First time PES player in years so just catching up on master league stuff.

For the regens of old class players will they automatically appear in your youth team like I've read they do for previous versions and do they have the same name's?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

jclack wrote: »
    First time PES player in years so just catching up on master league stuff.

For the regens of old class players will they automatically appear in your youth team like I've read they do for previous versions and do they have the same name's?

Yeah they'll appear with the same names. Hopefully they won't be as prevalent this year though as last season you could have a top class side all promoted from your youth team within about 4/5 season and then you have nowhere to go from there really making the game almost boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Finally gave in and bought it last night. Really enjoyed the couple of games I got in (again - some excellent strikes), but have to get used to certain things after coming over from the game that shall not be named :D - mainly skill moves, getting players to move off the ball, and jockeying in defence.

Also tried to kickstart my Become a Legend career. Played two games - I marked myself more as a Central midfielder, a ball winner, but I've been playing left back. And I've had very little to do in the opening matches, but I've done what was required of me - and gotten two 6.0 ratings. Is there a way to get more involved (request the ball, actually play in my preferred position, etc)? Maybe I'll restart as a striker :D

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Also tried to kickstart my Become a Legend career. Played two games - I marked myself more as a Central midfielder, a ball winner, but I've been playing left back. And I've had very little to do in the opening matches, but I've done what was required of me - and gotten two 6.0 ratings. Is there a way to get more involved (request the ball, actually play in my preferred position, etc)? Maybe I'll restart as a striker :D
    Double tap R2 (on PS4) while a teammate has the ball to call for it. Not as intuitive as the FIFA command unfortunately but it still does the job.
    Hold down R2 while out of possession to jockey the ball in defense.

Also from what I remember you can actually request to the manager in the menu the position where you'd like to play, and he would try and accommodate that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Konami Server be like;

You (Fibre Connection in Ireland)

#####Matchmaking in progress#########

######Connecting################

######Opponent Found!#############

Them : Saudi Player with 56k Modem Connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Thats weird. No transfers had taken place in mine at all. No Pogba at Man Utd. Even no Jonjo Shelvey at Newcastle which was last January.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Thats weird. No transfers had taken place in mine at all. No Pogba at Man Utd. Even no Jonjo Shelvey at Newcastle which was last January.

Have you tried going to the last page in the menu screens. There should be a panel there which allows you to apply an update.

PesUniverse have done the European national teams kits now (along with the Scottish League & Liga MX if that's your thing).
    Hopefully the American, Asian & African national sides will soon follow.
    Hopefully I'll have enough space for all those too.
    Playing a Master League as Vicenza. Disappointed they haven't included the old default squad with Castolo, Ximelez, Minanda & Ivarov. Finding it tough going so far.

PesUniverse have done the European national teams kits now (along with the Scottish League & Liga MX if that's your thing).
    Hopefully the American, Asian & African national sides will soon follow.
    Hopefully I'll have enough space for all those too.
    Playing a Master League as Vicenza. Disappointed they haven't included the old default squad with Castolo, Ximelez, Minanda & Ivarov. Finding it tough going so far.

I miss the old faithfulls aswell. I guess it was time for a fresh younger group.

What level you playing on? I started with Leeds on professional and plan to move up the difficulty after a season or two. Great game really enjoying it.

Can anyone else get on Pes Universe? Error is shown for me....wouldn't mind installing the new international kits option file, along with the new leagues, if someone can re-upload them or link them here, that would be great!

Anyone have any player recommendations for good, young cheap ML players?

Labato from the Youth Team is excellent BTW, a pacey no 10.

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Can anyone else get on Pes Universe? Error is shown for me....wouldn't mind installing the new international kits option file, along with the new leagues, if someone can re-upload them or link them here, that would be great!

The site is constantly down & up. It's working now. Just choose to download them in the browser. Unzip and put them into a folder called WEPES. Import the Bins. I imported the player data as a few national teams have fake names/players

http://www.pesuniverse.com/ps4-option-file-free/

Can't quote the above as I'm a new user....thanks for that!

Made it into the last 16 of MyClub Competition, quarter final game going grand, in control, I pass it back to the keeper to punt it out and I'm not sure if it was lag or whatever but it didn't register and he takes a horrible touch, opponents Aguero tackles him and smashes it into the open net. Sickened.

Leno GK from Leverkusen has been unbelievably shi.te despite his excellent stats. Think I might release him, far too many clangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Can't quote the above as I'm a new user....thanks for that!

Made it into the last 16 of MyClub Competition, quarter final game going grand, in control, I pass it back to the keeper to punt it out and I'm not sure if it was lag or whatever but it didn't register and he takes a horrible touch, opponents Aguero tackles him and smashes it into the open net. Sickened.

Leno GK from Leverkusen has been unbelievably shi.te despite his excellent stats. Think I might release him, far too many clangers.

Don't release him, turn him into a trainer and use him to boost the stats of your next keeper

Advertisement