Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Nokir

Any Boards league planned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'm in season two of my master league with Barsnley on top player (or whatever the highest difficulty is). Finished mid table the first season but it Feb in the second season and I'm top by 4 points

Players I got who are doing the business (spelling might be bad)

First season:
    H.Mlidov - CF - was a free transfer at the start of the first season
    Burke - RWF(plays better RM) - really cheap from a german team (PES universe option file), is scotish
    Belik - CB - Got him on loan from Arsenal, got him with an option to buy which i took up.
    Lobato - SS - was a youth player Christmas of the first season, fast but really unfit. Also on huge wages
    Fabhino - LWF (plays better LMF) - cheap brazillian, plays very well.
    Austin - CF - got him on Loan, there is decent value in loan players. think he was a million for 12 months (maybe a bit more) which would barely cover his wages, never mind his transfer fee

Second season:
    Berry - RB - Jamican, very fast, only rated 71 but he has been brilliant, has a huge number of assists.
    Sorloth - CF - Norwegian or Danish, 194 height and has a header skill. He is joint top scorer in the league.

Really enjoying, its much different than last year. Dribbling was my main method of attacking last year, it really doesn't work as well this year, but players runs off the ball seem much better.

They also improved on the computers kick outs, most teams played in short in 2016 and you could time your runs with your strikers to be in around the player receiving the ball when he got it, worked maybe 20% of the time if they played it short, but I'm glad they seemed to have sorted that.

The addition of the two budgets is probably a good thing, as it really makes you fight for any penny saving you can as you approach the wage limit, and it also makes you consider do you really need this player, or if you get a decent offer for someone on big wages can it be distributed better elsewhere.

One thing that is annoying is that I normally just sleep the playstation in between games, in 2016 when you bring it back up you wouldn't be connected to PES servers, which is fine, and if you wanted to connect you just pressed triangle on the menu. in 2017 it automatically connects you, which takes about a minute or whatever.

About ten years since I played PES but first impressions are good. Just played a few games so still getting to grips with it but it seems more enjoyable to play than Fifa. The physics seem a little off at times and the interface can crawl along, not to mention the irritating cutscenes throughout the game, but overall I'm impressed. Need to sort out an option file before I get going properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Enjoying myself so much more with Advanced Shooting on as opposed to Basic.

Have both FIFA and PES but think FIFA will be traded in. Can pick it up down the line to play The Journey.

ERG89 wrote: »
    PesUniverse have done the European national teams kits now (along with the Scottish League & Liga MX if that's your thing).
    Hopefully the American, Asian & African national sides will soon follow.
    Hopefully I'll have enough space for all those too.
    Playing a Master League as Vicenza. Disappointed they haven't included the old default squad with Castolo, Ximelez, Minanda & Ivarov. Finding it tough going so far.

Is that included on option file v2? New to downloading option files (used to do this all manually back in the day!). Also, is there much point in installing that option file or is it just best to wait a little bit for v3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Bought the game today, owned 2015 and 2016

Has the shooting changed or is there something I'm not aware off?

I'm having severe problems getting shots on target Alot of shots going towards corner flag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The only issue I am having is it seems harder to select the player I want. Can I toggle player selection 'ease' or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Afraid not, there seems to be three issues which Konami have to fix asap.

1. Player switching (as you mentioned) is horrible, needs to be improved massively.

2. First touch of players is woeful, the advantage is always with the defending team clattering into attackers.

3. Following first touch is player runs, if you hold sprint and take it past a defender they always catch up even f your in acres of space, defending like this is OP, I was playing yesterday online and an oppenent with Mertesacker with zero stamina left caught up to my Vidal who had nearly full stamina (93 speed)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭budgemook

Is the online game still crap? I gave up Pro Evo because they never really got the online games right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

budgemook wrote: »
    Is the online game still crap? I gave up Pro Evo because they never really got the online games right.

I think the general consensus is that, because it tries to be so precise and clinical with it's gameplay, unless you have a very good connection you're not going to have many lag free games.

Although, if you do have a good connection, apparently you can set it up on your side to only find opponents with a similarly strong connection.

Personally, I don't have anywhere near a strong connection but that's largely due to living out west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭budgemook

Wilberto wrote: »
    I think the general consensus is that, because it tries to be so precise and clinical with it's gameplay, unless you have a very good connection you're not going to have many lag free games.

Although, if you do have a good connection, apparently you can set it up on your side to only find opponents with a similarly strong connection.

Personally, I don't have anywhere near a strong connection but that's largely due to living out west.

I have Virgin which is supposed to be good but I suspect is not. I think I'll stay retired.

Thanks.

Managed to get into the myClub Open Final, one thing I noticed along the way in the competition is the sheer amount of stacked teams I played, it makes me wonder how much real money players are spending in-game!

Just had a wonderful exchange of messages from a crazy Italian gent, who I hammered in a divisions match. He accused me of being a lag cheater, he has evidence put on Youtube and sending it to Konami , I asked him to send me a link to the video and then he blocked me after sending about 10 abusive messages in a row.

Love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Afraid not, there seems to be three issues which Konami have to fix asap.

1. Player switching (as you mentioned) is horrible, needs to be improved massively.

2. First touch of players is woeful, the advantage is always with the defending team clattering into attackers.

3. Following first touch is player runs, if you hold sprint and take it past a defender they always catch up even f your in acres of space, defending like this is OP, I was playing yesterday online and an oppenent with Mertesacker with zero stamina left caught up to my Vidal who had nearly full stamina (93 speed)

Couldn't agree more with all of these points. It's almost a handicap having the ball at times as the first touch is so poor and there's literally no speed advantage with quick players.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Just had a wonderful exchange of messages from a crazy Italian gent, who I hammered in a divisions match. He accused me of being a lag cheater, he has evidence put on Youtube and sending it to Konami , I asked him to send me a link to the video and then he blocked me after sending about 10 abusive messages in a row.

Love this game.

Same thing happened me not so long ago, even though I had 69 percent possession of the ball and won 4-0 ha. Seems to be all the high rated guys who get ratty when they lose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The players with high ratings tend to be the sweaty players who have 2 pivots and spam crosses to players like Adruiz, Cavani, Ronaldo, etc.

I prefer having my low rating and playing some decent football and I couldn't careless about what division I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

The players with high ratings tend to be the sweaty players who have 2 pivots and spam crosses to players like Adruiz, Cavani, Ronaldo, etc.

I prefer having my low rating and playing some decent football and I couldn't careless about what division I'm in.

Didn't you spend loads of gp to get higuain to put into your superstar team? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote: »

.....and also about a million spins of the wheel* to get Rivaldo.

*This may be a gross over-exaggeration.

Christ, the Italian guy that had ago at me wasn't messing around, I got a warning email from Sony stating I'm in breach of their terms and conditions. I find that insane considering they have read and deleted all of his abusive messages and yet I'm the one at fault, despite me not saying anything remotely abusive to him!

Needless to say I'm going to chase this up and get it revoked, it's an absolute joke situation whereby my account now might be banned just because this sore bastard is convinced that I somehow cheated.

Nokir wrote: »
    Is that included on option file v2? New to downloading option files (used to do this all manually back in the day!). Also, is there much point in installing that option file or is it just best to wait a little bit for v3?

Sorry to bump, but bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Anybody that wants some friendlies on PS4 let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nokir wrote: »

Well the v2 option file isn't one file, so everything is separate including national kids, you just put them all into a WEPES folder. It's just higher quality images of the kits & some editing of player likenesses in the bundesliga. I haven't a clue when version 3 is coming I don't work for the site but it's meant to be v.soon. It's focus will be on manager/stadium updates for the Italian & Spanish leagues.
    I think they will always keep updating the option files.

What has that got to do with my post?

What has that got to do with my post?

You were talking about people with high rated players are sweaty and you prefer playing with your low rated team but I remembered you saying you had all these superstars so was wondering why you'd get all of them just to play with a low rated team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MyClub getting very tough now!!

jxQ8Ra.jpg

Still have only have one black ball player so have done well to get this far!

RkLtn1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

I downloaded the option file by Cristiano 92 per the balls.ie guide. I have a few questions if anyone could help ;
    my transfers aren't up to date (for example ibra is still with psg) how can I fix this? I'm aware that applying a live update will mess up the work I've done with the option file?
    in exhibition mode there is a bayern munich with the correct kit but it's a team of random players and average stats. However if u play a league bayern Munich are there with the correct stats.

bigmc23 wrote: »
    I downloaded the option file by Cristiano 92 per the balls.ie guide. I have a few questions if anyone could help ;
    my transfers aren't up to date (for example ibra is still with psg) how can I fix this? I'm aware that applying a live update will mess up the work I've done with the option file?
    in exhibition mode there is a bayern munich with the correct kit but it's a team of random players and average stats. However if u play a league bayern Munich are there with the correct stats.

Yeah, live update must be done before the import. I always checked to make sure the transfers were up to date before I imported anything.

Also, regards the exhibition mode, when you enter that mode you'll have to click L3 (or R3 - you'll see on the bottom of the screen which one anyway) to turn off live updates. That'll fix the teams for that mode then.

:)

I will say though that that's an excellent option file. I'm using that myself and have the Mexican League and J-League loaded up as well. :)

You were talking about people with high rated players are sweaty and you prefer playing with your low rated team but I remembered you saying you had all these superstars so was wondering why you'd get all of them just to play with a low rated team.

No both Teflon and myself were talking about the high rated human players on the other end of the interweb in divisions. You know the rating you get that starts off at 400?

No both Teflon and myself were talking about the high rated human players on the other end of the interweb in divisions. You know the rating you get that starts off at 400?

I do indeed, apologies for the misunderstanding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Wilberto wrote:
    Yeah, live update must be done before the import. I always checked to make sure the transfers were up to date before I imported anything.

Will I have to do manually then? ðŸ˜

Advertisement