Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

bigmc23 wrote: »
    Will I have to do manually then? ðŸ˜

The live update? Yeah, if you don't want to mess up your teams.

TBH though, it'd probably be easier to just delete the edit file, run the live update, make sure the transfers are up to date, and then import the teams again.

I think that would be far easier than doing the transfers by yourself.

You only need the Version 4 update of that file as well as that has everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Wilberto wrote:
    TBH though, it'd probably be easier to just delete the edit file, run the live update, make sure the transfers are up to date, and then import the teams again.

Wilberto wrote:
    I think that would be far easier than doing the transfers by yourself.

Wilberto wrote:
    You only need the Version 4 update of that file as well as that has everything.

Would I have to change the comp names and emblems all again yeah?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

bigmc23 wrote: »
    Would I have to change the comp names and emblems all again yeah?

If you delete the edit file then yeah, everything will be gone. It doesn't take too long though. Not compared to the length of time it took last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Wilberto wrote:
    If you delete the edit file then yeah, everything will be gone. It doesn't take too long though. Not compared to the length of time it took last year!

Cool. Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Finished my first season with Ipswich Town the other night. Managed to squeak over the line in the automatic promotion places after beating Newcastle 1-0 last game of the year. I'm having serious difficulty scoring, had one of the worst attacking records in the league but the best defense winning nearly every game i won by a goal. I scored 4 in one game and never came close to that otherwise. The finishing was driving me demented at times. I was playing numerous balls in across the box but my strikers never finished them, always heading them miles wide or skewing them wide, often from point blank range. I often dominated games and had loads of shots but just couldn't score, I'm hoping it was just because they are bad players. I've managed to get a few nice loan signings and a few youth players have come through including a regen Glenn Whelan bizarrely so hopefully I'm better in the PL or I could struggle.

Anyone else having issues with the shooting? Think I might try the advanced shooting setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Signed up one of my youth team players who had an OV 75 so wanted a salary just over 1m so sold a few players to free up wages. It's saying his contract end's in August even though I just signed him up. He's just 16, is it a glitch or do I have to keep offering him a contract every year till he's 18+?
    Just want to make sure I don't lose him.

jclack wrote: »
    Signed up one of my youth team players who had an OV 75 so wanted a salary just over 1m so sold a few players to free up wages. It's saying his contract end's in August even though I just signed him up. He's just 16, is it a glitch or do I have to keep offering him a contract every year till he's 18+?

Well, I know when your renewing contracts you can renegotiate to extend the number of years. I think the maximum is five years (or at least I think that's what it was in PES 2016).

Also, that's worrying that you've had a 75 rated youth. It means that they still haven't fixed it. Unless of course they are just a lot rarer than last time, which is okay.

Finished my first season with Ipswich Town the other night. Managed to squeak over the line in the automatic promotion places after beating Newcastle 1-0 last game of the year. I'm having serious difficulty scoring, had one of the worst attacking records in the league but the best defense winning nearly every game i won by a goal. I scored 4 in one game and never came close to that otherwise. The finishing was driving me demented at times. I was playing numerous balls in across the box but my strikers never finished them, always heading them miles wide or skewing them wide, often from point blank range. I often dominated games and had loads of shots but just couldn't score, I'm hoping it was just because they are bad players. I've managed to get a few nice loan signings and a few youth players have come through including a regen Glenn Whelan bizarrely so hopefully I'm better in the PL or I could struggle.

Anyone else having issues with the shooting? Think I might try the advanced shooting setting.

I'm just having a problem in creating chances to be honest! :pac:

Playing with Tenerife using the Master League Default squads on Superstar difficulty level and it took about 10 matches (including the Copa Del Rey) before I registered my first win! :o :pac:

My defence is pretty decent though, although that said, there have been a bit much last gasp defending for my liking, but my loan signing of Fosu Mensah has been well able to deal with those so far! :D:)

I'm really enjoying it at the moment though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Loving this game so much!

When dribbling / running, I'm getting used to using the R stick along with the L stick for more balance.
    It seems to work much better to give strength to the running player for them to fend off tackles and maneuver better.
    For those giving out about slow defenders catching up with their strikers, be sure you experiment with the R stick as well.
    Really making a huge difference in my game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Loving this game so much!

When dribbling / running, I'm getting used to using the R stick along with the L stick for more balance.
    It seems to work much better to give strength to the running player for them to fend off tackles and maneuver better.
    For those giving out about slow defenders catching up with their strikers, be sure you experiment with the R stick as well.
    Really making a huge difference in my game

Using the r stick does that not make you do trick moves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Using the r stick does that not make you do trick moves?

yep, but when I used it in parallel with the L stick, I really felt my players had more balance and strength running forward.
    A slight change of the R stick would alter their body weight, and maybe bring about a shoulder drop / skill move, but it definitely made a difference.

Try it our yourself and see if it makes a difference.
    I was able to tear down the wing and dodge tackles using it, when previously I'd just run into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Just had a wonderful exchange of messages from a crazy Italian gent, who I hammered in a divisions match. He accused me of being a lag cheater, he has evidence put on Youtube and sending it to Konami , I asked him to send me a link to the video and then he blocked me after sending about 10 abusive messages in a row.

Love this game.

Exact same thing happened to me with a Spaniard last month except he left me a voice message too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened to me with a Spaniard last month except he left me a voice message too.

How do you even lag-cheat? What is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

tigger123 wrote: »
    You can theoretically use something called a lag switch to intentionally manipulate the quality of your network connection to supposedly give the player an advantage. But it's a load of bollocks, of course all it is is an excuse used by bitter raging children.

Also, for anyone interested in putting Dundalk into the game and maybe bring them to Europa League glory (:p), here is the option file which will help you do that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

jclack wrote: »

When you sign a youth player they get a contract til the end of the season, that includes when you sign them in December. When you offer them a new contract at that stage you can renegotiate the length of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

tigger123 wrote: »

Someone who has an OK connection may be able to degrade that connection when things are going against them. For example loading up a HD YouTube video on the same connection and in turn turning the connection for the game into an unplayable one and possibly getting PES to just quit the game. The kicker is that when this happens Konami don't record the results so you just end up on a screen saying the connection significantly worsened and no result will be recorded (they may have fixed that this year I haven't played enough to know), thus saving the lag cheater from losing. It's a fairly big issue and Konami are fully aware of it.

If you look at the top rated guys online most of them use some form of lag cheating which is what makes getting to the top divisions such a pain once you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Someone who has an OK connection may be able to degrade that connection when things are going against them. For example loading up a HD YouTube video on the same connection and in turn turning the connection for the game into an unplayable one and possibly getting PES to just quit the game. The kicker is that when this happens Konami don't record the results so you just end up on a screen saying the connection significantly worsened and no result will be recorded (they may have fixed that this year I haven't played enough to know), thus saving the lag cheater from losing. It's a fairly big issue and Konami are fully aware of it.

If you look at the top rated guys online most of them use some form of lag cheating which is what makes getting to the top divisions such a pain once you get there.

Jaysis. What kind of numpty would you need to be to do that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Couldn't agree more with all of these points. It's almost a handicap having the ball at times as the first touch is so poor and there's literally no speed advantage with quick players.

Such such a poor gameplay point.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

My biggest gripe with PES at the moment is that it rewards teams that have big strong players in the air and on the ground, speed and technique (first touch, dribbling etc.) account for nothing. Wingers are only good for crossing, don't bother trying to take on a defense with them.

At the moment I'm picking tall and strong players because it's much more advantageous to go crazy using frontline pressure and gegenpress. Try it yourself, results will improve.

My biggest gripe with PES at the moment is that it rewards teams that have big strong players in the air and on the ground, speed and technique (first touch, dribbling etc.) account for nothing. Wingers are only good for crossing, don't bother trying to take on a defense with them.

At the moment I'm picking tall and strong players because it's much more advantageous to go crazy using frontline pressure and gegenpress. Try it yourself, results will improve.

You sir, have obviously never heard of close control. I am killing teams with McGeady, and hes silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

You sir, have obviously never heard of close control. I am killing teams with McGeady, and hes silver.

Just wait until you meet Wanyama on 'A' form. He will be rip McGeady a new 'A' :D

Just wait until you meet Wanyama on 'A' form. He will be rip McGeady a new 'A' :D

Nah, if you have a big lump running at you, you jink past the fecker.

Plenty of lads just trying to R1 at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Any easy skill moves that are decent for beating a player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I can't shoot!

So many times I'm through one on one and my shots (on manual) go wide when using finesse. I tend to just aim it straight at the goal now and put my foot through it. Any tips?

I can't shoot!

So many times I'm through one on one and my shots (on manual) go wide when using finesse. I tend to just aim it straight at the goal now and put my foot through it. Any tips?

Change your body position slightly before shooting. If you are running through with R1, take control of the ball to one side - with L2 - before shooting.

Also, you could try a dummy shot. To throw the keeper.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Any easy skill moves that are decent for beating a player?

Use a bit of L2 to jink around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Use a bit of L2 to jink around.

Is that not just for manual passing??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

hi lads just a bit of advice, I had PES16 last year for XB1 , now I am a very casual player but enjoyed it , still do.
    I got the Ps4 deal with Fifa17 and think its rank to be honest, in fairness I kinda liked fifa15 but mostly for the online games and UT, as far as I am concerned PES 16 was broken for online, seemed like a different game altogether to master league, so I am on the fence here, I only want one footie game a year, it there enough of an upgrade in pes 17 to justify trading in fifa for it , is there an improvement in online ? Not even sure if I need a PS4 but finally being able to download an option file is a massive attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

akelly02 wrote: »
    Is that not just for manual passing??

I think the poster means R2, yes it works well you get a more controlled shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

OK just to answer my own question, traded fifa (49 cash at cex) for PES (43 in Argos), jesus caulk and cheese, if anyone is on the fence there is no comparison in the two PES is simply better all-round football game. FIFA 15 was actually good enough, I skipped 16 and 17 is unrecognisable as far as I am concerned. I was having issues getting online so hopefully that’s just my connection that need attention. Now for the option file, is any one better than the other ?

Advertisement