Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

FIFA 12 was the last good FIFA, terrible since. PES has the crown firmly in hand for the last few years and I expect that to continue. I will be buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's down to just under €40 on PS4 (and all other consoles) on The Game Collection today and tomorrow til midnight with the code "GOLDENBOOT".

Absolute bargain.

EDIT: Fixed price.

Think Ill pull the trigger on this today. What am I looking at for delivery time wise? Any chance I'd get it on the 15/16th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Think Ill pull the trigger on this today. What am I looking at for delivery time wise? Any chance I'd get it on the 15/16th?

Using parcel motel and TGC I have never not gotten the game later than the night before release date. Sometimes it's a day earlier than that (or two when I got MGS V). If you use an Irish address it'll more likely be release day.

Always though with Parcel Motel it's the night before at the very latest so you'll probably have it on the 14th.

And TGC is usually the cheapest so it's win win!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Another annoying thing about PES, not having player builds of players they have had in the game in the past. Just include a lot of German player presets, would they be allowed to or would there be some legal problem with using the likes of Kevin Volland, Bernd Leno and cos likeness.
    So are players like Ribery not going to be in the game at all? Since Ribery is not with France, it creates a situation whereby a guy who they have the preset for just won'tbe there at all.

BabyE wrote: »
    Another annoying thing about PES, not having player builds of players they have had in the game in the past. Just include a lot of German player presets, would they be allowed to or would there be some legal problem with using the likes of Kevin Volland, Bernd Leno and cos likeness.
    So are players like Ribery not going to be in the game at all? Since Ribery is not with France, it creates a situation whereby a guy who they have the preset for just won'tbe there at all.

Or even add a feature where the player can export created players from past games. This allows the user to go back and make a base copy of any player who isn't in the game from an older game and move them up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any word on the demo on PS4? Is it available to D/L? Might get it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Demo not available for me yet, maybe a few more hours before it's available in Ireland.

What's the story with 11v11 online, is it easy enough to get into games in random lobbies? Do many people play it? I've never played PES online and skipped PES 2016 because I was enjoying 2015 so much. I love BAL mode so would be interested in playing 11v11 matches. Be great if players here could arrange some matches between us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Demo out tomorrow for everyone as far as I know

The one thing about PES I find is that you'll have two types of PES fans, one who say that PES does what a game is meant to do, be fun, while others argue that it is the most realistic sim out there, which one is it?

I think PES is fun, but I don't know if it captures the real thing better than FIFA.

I think pes to closer to the real game than fifa. I think fifa of designed to be more "fun'. I think the fun in pes comes from it actually playing like a game a football.

• Advertisement

Ah balls. Was reading about a few people playing it. Was hoping it would be available now :(

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ah balls. Was reading about a few people playing it. Was hoping it would be available now :(

Can you get it with a US account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

It's out in US today, EU tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

It's up now on US store. Downloading it now

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

petejmk wrote: »
    It's up now on US store. Downloading it now

I just changed my location in settings on the XBox One. Tis downloading for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Had a quick few games just there. Has improved quite a lot on last years formula. Found it much harder to score and also find shooting opportunities. Defenders close down space and actively look to block passes and shots. Also much harder to roll them when you get possession of the ball as from what I noticed they lean towards your players stronger foot when they are behind you.

Keepers also seemed to save a large proportion of difficult shots. Compared to last years iteration at least. Passing is nice, fluid and for the most part accurate. Some wayward passing from me admittedly :o

This was only based on a 6 game sample so am looking forward to playing more later and see what else is new/different/improved upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Glico Man wrote: »
    Keepers also seemed to save a large proportion of difficult shots. Compared to last years iteration at least. Passing is nice, fluid and for the most part accurate.

Keepers' kick outs are much more varied too I found.

demo is very quick

demo is very quick

The pace of the game or the D/L speed?

callaway92 wrote: »
    The pace of the game or the D/L speed?

The pace of the game. At least I thought it was quicker than last year's. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

• Advertisement

Played a good few games last night. Lost quite a few on professional difficulty but very impressed with the game.

The keepers are excellent in the game and make some amazing saves but then again I was up against high rated keepers like Cech and Neuer. I mainly play myclub so it'll be interesting to see how they play with less team spirit and obviously a lower rated keeper. They will struggle under corners if under pressure, which is normal as too often we've seen keepers claiming every cross that comes into the box. Most importantly I think is the fact that the keepers have FINALLY stopped batting shots straight out to the opposing strikers for tap ins! They actually push away shots now for a corner or just generally away from goal.

AI is very good in terms of player positioning and tracking runs of players so it makes it more of a challenge to get the ball into your striker, which I like.

The big men I used such as Giroud, Mertesacker and Pique were winning all the aerial duels, which is good to see as both PES and Fifa have had issues with this.

Ball control is fantastic and the likes of Iniesta and Messi are a joy to dribble with. Its good to see that its not uniform with all players as holding the sprint button too much while breaking out of defence with the likes of Koscielny or Mascherano can see them take a touch too far and lose the ball.

What I found most important while playing the game was player positioning. If you're a smaller player up against a big player, e.g. Martial vs Mertesacker, as mentioned above Mertesacker will win an aerial duel the majority of the time. If you pass and cross smartly and get out in front of the defender as the ball comes in, you'll win the ball a bit easier. Even with regards defending set pieces, receiving a ground or air pass on any part of the pitch, player positioning is so important as the AI tracks the runs of your player very well now.

Just as a side note for those playing the demo, the change formation option is greyed out and you can't move around players for some reason. God knows why they deactivated it for the demo but just pointing it out so people don't think it has suddenly been removed! Have yet to use these new attacking and defending tactics, which I imagine will be handy when you want to go attacking or defensive, similar to Fifa, which I miss in Pro Evo.

I've digitally pre ordered the game on Xbox One now anyway and can't wait for the full release!

Please please please tell me they have fixed the penalties!

Please please please tell me they have fixed the penalties!

In what sense? Haven't had a penalty for or against yet so can't comment.

Colemania wrote: »
    In what sense? Haven't had a penalty for or against yet so can't comment.

You honestly don't see anything wrong with penalties in virtually every pro evo game ever? That's why I never trust PES fanatics opinion of the game because they overlook fundamental glaring flaws under the pretense that 'it doesn't affect the gameplay'

The camera angle is terrible.
    The motion as the player runs up to take them looks ****
    The way the ball hits the net looks ****.

Pretty much PES has this problem with all dead ball situations, goal kicks, free kicks and corners but penalties are particularly pronounced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Penalties were ****in impossible in PES 16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You honestly don't see anything wrong with penalties in virtually every pro evo game ever? That's why I never trust PES fanatics opinion of the game because they overlook fundamental glaring flaws under the pretense that 'it doesn't affect the gameplay'

Pretty much PES has this problem with all dead ball situations, goal kicks, free kicks and corners but penalties are particularly pronounced.

I thought you might have meant the control system. I could probably agree with that. Views and animations? Can't say it's ever occurred to me that there was something wrong.

my friends refused to play pes after having to take a penalty. anyway the demo is pretty damn good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Plays similar to last year but found it quicker too. Sliding tackles not as overpowered as I found in 2016 either. Played a few matches in the rain & noticed the players slipping. Keepers noticeably much better, weren't susceptible to lobs like last year & were quicker to come off the line.
    Didn't put enough time into the last 3 PES games, I think that is down to all the football I watch on TV :o

Hand on heart, I rarely get or give away penalties so it never really affected me! Not a PES fanatic, I'll give my honest opinion on Fifa this year too when the demo is out but not playing Pro Evo because of the penalty animations is just silly :D

EDIT: There's also not much to slag Pro Evo about last year if you played Fifa 2016 as an alternative because unless you're a big fanatic of Fifa, you have to admit it was absolute dog s**t last year.

• Advertisement

FIFA is ****, PES is better but PES has so many insane second generation stuff still prevalent in the game.

Advertisement