Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

bennyc wrote: »
    OK just to answer my own question, traded fifa (49 cash at cex) for PES (43 in Argos), jesus caulk and cheese, if anyone is on the fence there is no comparison in the two PES is simply better all-round football game. FIFA 15 was actually good enough, I skipped 16 and 17 is unrecognisable as far as I am concerned. I was having issues getting online so hopefully that’s just my connection that need attention. Now for the option file, is any one better than the other ?

I used this one

https://www.balls.ie/gaming/step-by-step-pes-2017-ps4-option-file/346780

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PESUniverse is great, has all the European national teams as well as BPL, Championship, La Liga 1&2, Serie A and B, Liga NOS and other leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That one is spot on. No team left unlicensed in Cristiano92's OP, I think it's a compilation of the best kids from various OP's out on the web (e.g. PESWorld, PESUniverse, PES Gaming, etc.), so don't he doesn't get the credit for original content, but it does mean his OP is pure quality, and everything in it is good.

It even has Dundalk in it for EL purposes and the likes of O'Donnell and Gartland look spot on in it (even if the formers' name is spelled wrong). :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just curious but has anyone on here won a penalty against the AI?
    I have been awarded plenty of free kicks & the computer has gotten red cards a couple of occasions but not once a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Had 11k GP left from games tonight, decided to have a spin before bed.....got this dude. Nice.

Scu0AVA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just curious but has anyone on here won a penalty against the AI?
    I have been awarded plenty of free kicks & the computer has gotten red cards a couple of occasions but not once a penalty.

Got one I think but ya its a rarity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Nailz wrote: »
    That one is spot on. No team left unlicensed in Cristiano92's OP, I think it's a compilation of the best kids from various OP's out on the web (e.g. PESWorld, PESUniverse, PES Gaming, etc.), so don't he doesn't get the credit for original content, but it does mean his OP is pure quality, and everything in it is good.

It even has Dundalk in it for EL purposes and the likes of O'Donnell and Gartland look spot on in it (even if the formers' name is spelled wrong). :P

I tried to import the teams bit by bit it crashed at the teams with N stage I think.
    I'll try it again today but its a pain in the Balls.

Did it work OK for you guys ?

I tried to import the teams bit by bit it crashed at the teams with N stage I think.

I used his V4 file and imported league by league. No issues

Yeah I would recommend doing it on a league by league basis, even in half leagues if it has nearly 20 teams in it. After each set is imported you should go out and save it in the Data Management screen, then repeat the cycle. It may still crash after a few sets, and what I recommend you do in that instance is delete the images that were being applied through the last import but failed, otherwise they'll just be taking up space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think this is the first year (that I can remember) where I haven't purchased this on launch day. Not entirely sure why. How is the game going for you guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

py2006 wrote: »
    I think this is the first year (that I can remember) where I haven't purchased this on launch day. Not entirely sure why. How is the game going for you guys?

Love it!
    Best PES by a country mile, and I've played them all since the beginning.
    Only playing offline, and am genuinely excited and amazed how it plays... really getting into the tactics right now.
    Playing on a patched (full graphics) on Xbox 360, and I'm am finding it very hard to pick any fault. Can't wait to get home to play more! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Where to get V4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TheMidnitekid

Hey lads, just a heads up to the file linked above, Cristiano pretty much stole beta versions of PESuniverse's leagues. Bundesliga crashes the game after a while as he basically copied duplicate players so when they come up against eachother, game freezes. Just a heads up. Meanwhile, have any of you seen the PESUniverse Classic File with 20 classic teams?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

TeflonRon wrote: »
    Had 11k GP left from games tonight, decided to have a spin before bed.....got this dude. Nice.

Scu0AVA.jpg

Castlebar Celtic are finally moving up in the world

Hey lads, just a heads up to the file linked above, Cristiano pretty much stole beta versions of PESuniverse's leagues. Bundesliga crashes the game after a while as he basically copied duplicate players so when they come up against eachother, game freezes. Just a heads up. Meanwhile, have any of you seen the PESUniverse Classic File with 20 classic teams?

That classic file is incredible. Such great work.

Thankfully i only used the Cristiano one for the internationals (and a few additional European teams) that weren't done by PESU so haven't had that error.

Find the PESUniverse ones the best quality anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

does anyone like me not use the analog ? also in myclub im finding it very easy, just playing offline, getting a bit monotonous, does it improve?

Some game though !!

does anyone like me not use the analog ? also in myclub im finding it very easy, just playing offline, getting a bit monotonous, does it improve?

Some game though !!

Are you playing the special offline cups where you can win agents? The finals of them are on top player difficulty so while very beatable, wouldn't be a walk in the park

My friend doesn't use analog but I dunno how ye do it! Easier to do on PS4 I suppose but would be very difficult on Xbox controllers

Colemania wrote: »
    Are you playing the special offline cups where you can win agents? The finals of them are on top player difficulty so while very beatable, wouldn't be a walk in the park

My friend doesn't use analog but I dunno how ye do it! Easier to do on PS4 I suppose but would be very difficult on Xbox controllers

Yea have played a couple of the cups , team spirit challenge is some laugh, scored 29 goals in 3 games or something!

Have never liked the analogue, im proper old school from the ISS days , i feel im not getting the full experience though and may have to learn as stuff like skill moves and precision shots are very hard when not using the analogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

How difficult is it to make your own kits? I've looked for a tutorial online but can't find any.

Also, I went to play my bro in a game last week and I couldn't use the option file kits and emblems? Are they not available in an exhibition game on the same console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

How difficult is it to make your own kits? I've looked for a tutorial online but can't find any.

Also, I went to play my bro in a game last week and I couldn't use the option file kits and emblems? Are they not available in an exhibition game on the same console?

http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2017/kit-creator/

Easiest way I found to create kits, used it for the above post with my Ronaldo pull in custom kit. Just create the kit how you like, then go into texture view and right click, download the image to your WEPES file on USB and load it up on to some random made up team in pes league.

Not sure about your other query, sorry!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

When you go into exhibition mode, you have to turn off the live update when you're in there. I think it's L3, but it should be down at the bottom of the screen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Thanks guys. Will give both of those a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I don't upload many goals I score, however I was just so enamored with this one I scored online today - my opponent didn't even skip the replay :)

Started a master league with Leeds tonight on superstar , fook me its tough , 1 point from opening 7 games and got tonked 6-0 by Burton Albion lol

Edit

OK I'm done , 5-0 down to Huddersfield at home and its only half time , its like men against boys I can't keep the ball or make any progress , haven't finished a game with 11 players in a while either due to the frustration ......does everyone who plays superstar struggle this bad? As I'm about to smash my controller off the wall :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

OK I'm done , 5-0 down to Huddersfield at home and its only half time , its like men against boys I can't keep the ball or make any progress , haven't finished a game with 11 players in a while either due to the frustration ......does everyone who plays superstar struggle this bad? As I'm about to smash my controller off the wall :/

I'm playing with Tenerife using the default squads on superstar and I'm paddy last! Not too far behind Lugo though.

That said, I'm not getting hammered at all. I just can't seem to break down the opposition. Although, I've been getting a bit more joy since moving to to up top but playing a false 9 which means when they drop back my wingers run into the space behind them.

Still useless though!

Lost 7-0 to Huddersfield in the end and had 1 shot :confused:

I brought in 3 players and put them straight into the team so maybe i've disrupted the team spirit or something as i drew the opening game 1-1 and should have won.

The opposition are literally tearing me apart at the minute , one touch football and scoring at will :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Lost 7-0 to Huddersfield in the end and had 1 shot :confused:

I brought in 3 players and put them straight into the team so maybe i've disrupted the team spirit or something as i drew the opening game 1-1 and should have won.

The opposition are literally tearing me apart at the minute , one touch football and scoring at will :mad:

I'm not even playing at the top difficulty and have had my struggles. Went 1-0 up in a cup tie and suddenly the opposition turned in Barca, one touch football and incisive through balls! Meanwhile I'm holding plenty of possession but can't open defences up and crosses really haven't worked out for me (time to sign a giant!)

🤪

I was playing on professional with Burton Albion, who have a very small budget, and the default master league team. Got beat a good few times 1 nil and drew a few nil all too. Only recently got a few wins under my belt after I brought in a few players, very average players, so i'll be sticking on professional for a while :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Colemania wrote: »
    I was playing on professional with Burton Albion, who have a very small budget, and the default master league team. Got beat a good few times 1 nil and drew a few nil all too. Only recently got a few wins under my belt after I brought in a few players, very average players, so i'll be sticking on professional for a while :D

Playing the same level and using a default ML squad Venezia in my Master League. 5 points off Hellas at the top but squad is really tired; budget is tiny so I wasn't able to change that. I hadn't the funds to take someone from the youth team either.....
    Signed 1 or 2 free agents & got Locatelli on loan from Milan. Arcas and Coutinho(not Philippe sadly) up top, Yankov is getting game time too. Pity most of your best player are attackers, most of my ones aren't improving though.

Advertisement