Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Real shame you xbox guys can't get the option files, big strides made this year on PS4. Although in game editing has improved enough to the point where you can make the kits look good on xbox

Ya i know, had considered getting a ps4 purely for Pro Evo but not worth it just for one game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Good to see a lot of positive comments on the thread, the game is far superior than last years the more you play. myClub will be the real test for online players though, see if Konami can nail that and with the added legends, we could have a serious game. I love the physicality the most, AI actually butcher you when behind etc.

Have any of you pre-ordered?
    Missed the 50 pre-order window on PSN so I went with The Game Collection instead. My understanding is that they're really efficient with their pre-orders, so I will almost definitely have it on launch, if not a day or 2 before!

Just looking forward to loading in all those option files. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TheMidnitekid

Colemania wrote: »
    Ya i know, had considered getting a ps4 purely for Pro Evo but not worth it just for one game!

Haha, true! Will be interesting to see the reaction after release day, lots of people happy atm so could be a big year. FIFA looks decent in a 'play the journey for a few hours' type of way so prob gonna wait for price drop for that

Nailz wrote: »
    Missed the 50 pre-order window on PSN so I went with The Game Collection instead. My understanding is that they're really efficient with their pre-orders, so I will almost definitely have it on launch, if not a day or 2 before!

Mind if i ask what option files you using? Better me our Irish made one!

Haha, true! Will be interesting to see the reaction after release day, lots of people happy atm so could be a big year. FIFA looks decent in a 'play the journey for a few hours' type of way so prob gonna wait for price drop for that

It'll be available on ea access on Xbox a week before release, a 10 hour trial of the full game, so I'll try it out then. I used my 10 hour trial for fifa 16 up until May this year.....got about 8 or 9 months out of it ha. Shows how highly I rated it....

• Advertisement

It'll be available on ea access on Xbox a week before release, a 10 hour trial of the full game, so I'll try it out then. I used my 10 hour trial for fifa 16 up until May this year.....got about 8 or 9 months out of it ha. Shows how highly I rated it....

Jesus! You might fit in most of the journey so in that time! Fifa is nicely set u for xbox fans too tbh

Payment just taken for my xbox pre order there, 10 days after pre ordering. Am I getting it early or something? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Payment just taken for my xbox pre order there, 10 days after pre ordering. Am I getting it early or something? :P

Does pre-ordering give you anything / make it available earlier or anything?
    I'll probably be getting it for xbox 360 on the xbox store.
    Was delighted with the full patches I could download for PES2016, so hoping for the same for all real kits / stadiums / balls etc...

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Does pre-ordering give you anything / make it available earlier or anything?
    I'll probably be getting it for xbox 360 on the xbox store.
    Was delighted with the full patches I could download for PES2016, so hoping for the same for all real kits / stadiums / balls etc...

Gets you more coins and bonuses in myclub I think but no its not supposed to give early access anyway.

Mind if i ask what option files you using? Better me our Irish made one!
    Don't mind at all! Yep, PES Universe, as with last year's kits. :)

Here's a cheeky question, but will any LoI teams be available? My local side are Dundalk and it'd be cool playing through the Europa League with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Would i be mad to consider getting it on pc? I usually get it on 360 but would like nicer graphics. I think last year the pc version graphics were for some reason not up to scratch, any thoughts?

Here's a cheeky question, but will any LoI teams be available? My local side are Dundalk and it'd be cool playing through the Europa League with them.

You legend! Well myself and Ali, (one of the other editors) are looking into a full LOI complete with kit, players etc. Dundalk are in europa league right? Should be in game in that node

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the game on disc. Would usually travel to Dublin and get it in hmv but now they are gone I think getting it online is my best option (it would also save me a 5 hour round trip) Would Amazon be best to get it or any other suggestions? I'm on Xbox one

Would i be mad to consider getting it on pc? I usually get it on 360 but would like nicer graphics. I think last year the pc version graphics were for some reason not up to scratch, any thoughts?

Graphically its not on par, only confirmation or any news at all have come from Adam Bhatti - Quote from twitter:

In response to people asking whether PES 2017 would, like last year, be inferior in graphical quality to the PS4 and Xbox One versions, Bhatti replied: “We’ve answered many times, it’s a shame you haven’t seen it. Do not expect it same level as PS4/XBone”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Each to their own but PES is always a console game for me. Couch, controller.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the game on disc. Would usually travel to Dublin and get it in hmv but now they are gone I think getting it online is my best option (it would also save me a 5 hour round trip) Would Amazon be best to get it or any other suggestions? I'm on Xbox one

Where are you coming from to make that a 5 hour trip? Limerick?! :pac:

Thegamecollection? Usually deliver a day or two early too from what friends have said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Graphically its not on par, only confirmation or any news at all have come from Adam Bhatti - Quote from twitter:

In response to people asking whether PES 2017 would, like last year, be inferior in graphical quality to the PS4 and Xbox One versions, Bhatti replied: “We’ve answered many times, it’s a shame you haven’t seen it. Do not expect it same level as PS4/XBone”.

If your only other option is Xbox360 though, and you high a good spec PC, I'd go for the PC.
    You'll be able to easily download and apply a rake load of community patches / mods etc... that'll make the game much more enjoyable.
    I think you can use the Xbox 360 controller on a PC too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Do option files work on this?

I only got my PS4 so it would be my first next-gen PES if I buy it.

(On PS3 you could at least do a copy all thing with the file).

If your only other option is Xbox360 though, and you high a good spec PC, I'd go for the PC.
    You'll be able to easily download and apply a rake load of community patches / mods etc... that'll make the game much more enjoyable.

Yep agreed and yeah you can afaik

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Do option files work on this?

I only got my PS4 so it would be my first next-gen PES if I buy it.

(On PS3 you could at least do a copy all thing with the file).

Yeah you still need to import and export, but way easier than last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hey midnightkid.

I pre ordered the pes universe USB a couple of days ago. For the pre order it says I can get one free custom kit, how do I go about this. Is it just tied to my email address?

Also can you give anything away on what ye are doing with the legends :D

Hey midnightkid.

I pre ordered the pes universe USB a couple of days ago. For the pre order it says I can get one free custom kit, how do I go about this. Is it just tied to my email address?

Also can you give anything away on what ye are doing with the legends :D

How can you preorder a usb? Do 'they' have access to the game earlier that they can create this stuff?

God yea i use the xbox 360 controller. I do like my pes in front of the tv but my tv atm is actually the same size as my monitor, and i aint gettin a new console so...

Just saw this: 30 euro

too good to be true? are these steam keys legit?
    https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1458-buy-key-steam-pro-evolution-soccer-2017/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

J Mysterio wrote: »
    How can you preorder a usb? Do 'they' have access to the game earlier that they can create this stuff?

Yeah I'm guessing Konami know it's valuable to have these creators when they can't include certain stuff.

You can get the stuff for free from their website but I don't mind throwing them a couple of quid for their time and effort all the same. They said it would be out on release day as well.

Where are you coming from to make that a 5 hour trip? Limerick?! :pac:

I'm coming from Monaghan,it's normally about 2 hours 15 mins/2.30 on the bus depending on road works and traffic. The joys of living in the arsehole of nowhere

You legend! Well myself and Ali, (one of the other editors) are looking into a full LOI complete with kit, players etc. Dundalk are in europa league right? Should be in game in that node
    Ah grand, well I wasn't too sure whether Konami has the entire team set for the EL as I don't remember that many teams being available last year but it'd be cool if they were officially in it.

Good man, you lads do class work, fair play to you's!

I'm coming from Monaghan,it's normally about 2 hours 15 mins/2.30 on the bus depending on road works and traffic. The joys of living in the arsehole of nowhere

lol. Sorry for that.

• Advertisement

lol. Sorry for that.

No problem bro :)

Advertisement