Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I was getting bored of the same teams (not the game btw, that's still excellent!) so I came up with an idea. Feel free to try this out for yourselves.

Play Barcelona Vs Barcelona, except pick the reserve side, and have the players that are playing for the AI (the first team) all as your substitutes.

Then, during the game, the only subs you're allowed to make (and these are mandatory :)) are the reverse of subs which the AI has just made (i.e. if they take off Neymar for Munir, you put Neymar on and take off Munir straight away). It's great fun!

This isn't just limited to Barcelona either, obviously! :D:)

Actually, I've played a few games like this tonight, and it really improved my defending. Sliding in against Barca is pointless as you just give away fouls and eventually get sent off, but when I actually tried to be disciplined and contain the forward I found I was much more able to deal with their constant wave of attacks. Still lost 1-0 though for each of the last two/three matches. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

:D love it. But yeah I'm ready for the full game now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Started scoring some absolute beauts, but no save replay!

The ps4 is always recording your last 15 min. Press the share button, save the video and go in and trim it down to your goal.

I'm behind enemy lines m8, on xbox 360 :O

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Some of the passing with "Don Andreas" is absolutely beautiful, I wish Xavi was still playing for Barca. The game wipes the floor with 16 and will probably eclipse Fifa13 and 14 as best football game ever

Fairly sure I seen xavi was one of the legends for this year in MyClub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Fairly sure I seen xavi was one of the legends for this year in MyClub

Ya he's confirmed as a legend in the game along with puyol, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Luis Enrique. There's still loads more to come though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Oooh Ronaldinho and Rivaldo!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Busquets dived and won a penalty for me yesterday. Cut and dry dive after he beat a man, had face to shoulder contact and went down like he'd been shot.

I loved it. I'll try upload a vid I took later.

Absolutely love this demo but I need the full game soon. Only a week left!

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Ya he's confirmed as a legend in the game along with puyol, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Luis Enrique. There's still loads more to come though

Are all the legends from last year returning I wonder? So with the barca tie in getting them a load of barca legends I presume we'll see some Liverpool and dortmund ones.

Are all the legends from last year returning I wonder? So with the barca tie in getting them a load of barca legends I presume we'll see some Liverpool and dortmund ones.

Fowler, rush and Owen confirmed as the Liverpool legends so far. No word on last year's returning or any dortmund legends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote:
    Fowler, rush and Owen confirmed as the Liverpool legends so far. No word on last year's returning or any dortmund legends.

If they have Fowler then surely they have to include the "sniffing" celebration as well! Now that would be class!

Wilberto wrote: »
    If they have Fowler then surely they have to include the "sniffing" celebration as well! Now that would be class!

Might be a bit controversial for Pro Evo! I'd be interested to see that Owen's injury prone level is :D

****it, i'd take Abel Xavier over Owen at this stage.

Jan Molby would be great craic spraying passes around in midfield. Apart from that I've no interest in the rest of the Liverpool guys but that's mostly personal bias :D

Jan Molby would be great craic spraying passes around in midfield. Apart from that I've no interest in the rest of the Liverpool guys but that's mostly personal bias :D

Ah jasus!

Dalglish, Keegan, Barnes, Beardsley?

McManaman, McAteer, Gerrard, Carragher, Hyppia?

Hansen, Lawrenson, Grobelaar?

Do these players have player likeness? That's cool.

Just scored an almost outside the box lob, the keeper even on his line and bunch of defenders in front of me, it went into opposite top corner. unreal.

We could be in for a surprise with the commentary, hopefully it will have improved a lot, will really help add to the experience.

• Advertisement

BabyE wrote: »
    We could be in for a surprise with the commentary, hopefully it will have improved a lot, will really help add to the experience.

It's definitely the same pairing anyway which, tbh, I'm quite happy about.

I'll take those two lads over the likes of Martin Tyler and Alan Smith any day!

But yeah, I read somewhere about how much they had improved it although that could be just something that they'll just say anyway!

I'm just glad that they've learnt from their horrendous mistake last year and are introducing a day one squad update.

Do these players have player likeness? That's cool.

Ya the legends last year had proper real life faces so I imagine these will too.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ah jasus!

Yeah I don't care about using any of those guys. Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho on the other hand, can't wait.

Sickening fifa seemed to have picked up the likes of Keane, Scholes, Van Nistelrooy, Henry and Bergkamp. Now those are guys I'd want to use in MyClub. Purely in a relive my childhood/teenage years kinda way.

I turned the commentary off last year altogether. Couldn't stick it, awful repetitive.

Im big fan of Jim Beglin.

Interested to see what the soundtrack is like too. The only placr that seems to say what it is, is a funny looking site with a lot of Arabic!

I see game stores in some Arab countries have released the game early. Adam Bhatti is not a happy man!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I see game stores in some Arab countries have released the game early. Adam Bhatti is not a happy man!
    Saw a couple of streams of it on PS4 last night that hit a couple of thousand views, menus and all that look nicer (pretty much lifted them from EA), but I didn't dedicate any time to actually watching any gameplay or seeing what the game modes looked like. Looked like people were going mad over it though, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ah jasus!

McAteer? No.

Lawrenson, only if they added back in his commentary whenever he had the ball.

Nailz wrote: »
    Saw a couple of streams of it on PS4 last night that hit a couple of thousand views, menus and all that look nicer (pretty much lifted them from EA), but I didn't dedicate any time to actually watching any gameplay or seeing what the game modes looked like. Looked like people were going mad over it though, good stuff.

Ya here's hoping the squad update is out on day one this year unlike last year which was unbelievably late. I saw hummels was still with dortmund so they obviously just copy the squads from Pro 2016 and then make changes later on, which to me makes no sense seeing as they have all the stats updated already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ya here's hoping the squad update is out on day one this year unlike last year which was unbelievably late. I saw hummels was still with dortmund so they obviously just copy the squads from Pro 2016 and then make changes later on, which to me makes no sense seeing as they have all the stats updated already
    Yeah it's difficult to understand why they don't have some form of updated squad info. It doesn't even have to be accurate as of the 1st of September, just something that replicates most of the transfers from the early parts of the transfer window at least.

But the promise is a Day One data pack, fully up-to-date, and a weekly update after that; I'm sure they'll stick to it. Last year was an absolute disgrace, they even acknowledged before the release that the first data pack wouldn't be out for over a month (22/10/2015 IIRC), and even at that they totally ****ed up the data pack. Remember that those squads where correct up to the 29th of August or something, totally missing out on the busiest couple of days in the transfer window?

If that happens again, there'll be war. Surely they got their act together though, can't get any worse than that.

Advertisement