Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nailz wrote: »
    Yeah it's difficult to understand why they don't have some form of updated squad info. It doesn't even have to be accurate as of the 1st of September, just something that replicates most of the transfers from the early parts of the transfer window at least.

But the promise is a Day One data pack, fully up-to-date, and a weekly update after that; I'm sure they'll stick to it. Last year was an absolute disgrace, they even acknowledged before the release that the first data pack wouldn't be out for over a month (22/10/2015 IIRC), and even at that they totally ****ed up the data pack. Remember that those squads where correct up to the 29th of August or something, totally missing out on the busiest couple of days in the transfer window?

If that happens again, there'll be war. Surely they got their act together though, can't get any worse than that.

I remember that alright. Absolutely shocking stuff. Sure i used to sit and do all the transfers on ps2 for most of a day so I could play an accurate master league! They have a dedicated stats guy now who will be updating player stats when needs be, for example the likes of Alli, Mahrez and Vardy last season needing updates to reflect the season they were having.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just on the commentary, I'm a big fan of Peter Drury and Jim Belgin when they are together for real life matches too so definitely hope they stay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Where's the cheapest place to order this from the demo is a massive improvement on the game from last year

also are we definitley getting downloadable option files ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I got a brand spanking new control for this :D

Really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any news on the PC version? I thought I read that some improvements are being held back until next year.

• Advertisement

Where's the cheapest place to order this from the demo is a massive improvement on the game from last year

For ps4, yes. Apparently it's going to be even easier to upload data now and it'll make editors lives easier with how they edit.

The game collection is probably cheapest place to get it and seems to be the consensus here. I've ordered it on the xbox store anyway and hopefully can get it 2 days earlier by changing my region to America but seeing as I downloaded it from the Irish store, I'm probably unlikely to have it until Thursday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I got a brand spanking new control for this :D

Really looking forward to it!

You seem to have resverations about Pes like me but like you I am optimistic. As I said rounding the keeper is horrible i doubt they will improve it either but we can hope. They improved pens a little btw, not fifa level but decent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

BabyE wrote: »
    You seem to have resverations about Pes like me but like you I am optimistic. As I said rounding the keeper is horrible i doubt they will improve it either but we can hope. They improved pens a little btw, not fifa level but decent

I dont have reservations about PES. I feckin love it! Its far superior to FIFA.

FiFA 12 was really good and better than the equivalent PES, FiFA 13 less so. I had both games but have been a committed PES head since and before 2012, it was PES going back to 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The Games Collection is probably the cheapest and quickest to get it on ps4/XB1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Won the ball in the other team's half, in the centre circle and turned towards my goal while accidentally holding circle to full power. Player launches it back to my keeper who was standing near the edge of his box. I was expecting him to chest or head it, but he just looked as the ball sail passed him into the net. It was Barca v Barca, I was 1-0 up. Then they got a header with the last touch of the game. All you can do is laugh.

The AI is very aggressive, which I like. AI did a two-footed leg-breaker from behind, yellow card. A not-so-bad sliding tackle on my player on the edge of their box with lots of other players about, straight red.

Can't wait to get stuck into this proper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The AI is very aggressive, which I like. AI did a two-footed leg-breaker from behind, yellow card. A not-so-bad sliding tackle on my player on the edge of their box with lots of other players about, straight red.

Can't wait to get stuck into this proper.

This was the other thing I meant to mention. The referees can be so inconsistent that it seems almost deliberately done by Konami to make it so.

I don't know if that sounds like a preposterous notion or not but either way, it does make the game realistic.

I hate the way Barcelona dont keep the ball enough(AI) had 70% against them with Atlei

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's very easy to get high possession stats against the computer alright. Playing on superstar this shouldn't really happen. Although if I had to choose between that and the way the computer plays on the top difficulty in fifa where every team plays possession football like they are barcelona 2011 then give me the pes AI everytime. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

What does the manual-play feel like this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Pickpocket wrote: »
    What does the manual-play feel like this year?

Excellent. But im not sure its much improved on last year coz I didn't play that much. I can't play any other way because the possibilities are almost endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Wilberto wrote: »
    This was the other thing I meant to mention. The referees can be so inconsistent that it seems almost deliberately done by Konami to make it so.

I don't know if that sounds like a preposterous notion or not but either way, it does make the game realistic.

I remember a version of PES on PS2 (can't remember which exactly) that had a variety of referees, with each having a different level of strictness re fouling. It was an excellent touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The Games Collection is probably the cheapest and quickest to get it on ps4/XB1

Would the PS store be faster.
    I ordered from Game collection before but arrived later than release date.

Would the PS store be faster.
    I ordered from Game collection before but arrived later than release date.

I've always had my games from TGC arrive before release date with parcel motel so for me it's always been quicker than the store.

I've always had my games from TGC arrive before release date with parcel motel so for me it's always been quicker than the store.

Yeah I made mistake of not shipping to my parcel motel address.
    It was sent on a Thursday to my Irish address, so didn't receive until Monday.

I will order and use parcel motel for this delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

So if I use the Game Collection with an Irish address it takes longer than Parcel Motel? Wish I had known that yesterday before I ordered.

There is no option to change address either.....

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    So if I use the Game Collection with an Irish address it takes longer than Parcel Motel? Wish I had known that yesterday before I ordered.

Usually only a day longer with an Irish although if it hits parcel motel on a Saturday you'll get it Saturday night whereas if its an post, it'd be the Monday.

This is a Thursday release so I'd say they'll ship it on Monday afternoon.

v3ttel wrote: »

Last year release date was Friday so was shipped on Thursday from GC.
    This year release date is Thursday so they will ship Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm sure it will arrive on Friday but I just wanted to make sure i get it, hence Parcel motel, as they deliver Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Usually only a day longer with an Irish although if it hits parcel motel on a Saturday you'll get it Saturday night whereas if its an post, it'd be the Monday.

This is a Thursday release so I'd say they'll ship it on Monday afternoon.

Ah ok. I've already emailed their customer service to see if they'll change the address to Parcel Motel. Seems like with Parcel Motel, you have a chance of getting it early, and it's the cover yer arse option for Friday releases.

Normally with Amazon, I get any games the day after release as PM adds an extra day.

Hopefully I get it on release date either way. I'm lining up NBA2K17 also and that's out on the Friday so I would really like to have PES on the Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I pre ordered and pre downloaded it on the xbox store. Last year I bought it on the US store to get it early. Didn't bother with that this year. I'll be happy enough getting to play it at midnight Wednesday.

Just hope I don't get a full back from the UEFA TOTY on MyClub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Excellent. But im not sure its much improved on last year coz I didn't play that much. I can't play any other way because the possibilities are almost endless.

Yeah I was very impressed with it last year. Like you I didn't play that much due to other games and commitments but I'm quite looking forward to getting properly stuck-in this time.

I pre ordered and pre downloaded it on the xbox store. Last year I bought it on the US store to get it early. Didn't bother with that this year. I'll be happy enough getting to play it at midnight Wednesday.

Just hope I don't get a full back from the UEFA TOTY on MyClub.

I got Ibra last year and Reus the year before. Reus was awful but Ibra was great. Still waiting for that Ronaldo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I got Lahm last year I think but I managed to get Ronaldo through one of those agents you get for playing matches. I was only spinning them to get rid of them as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Colemania wrote: »
    I got Ibra last year and Reus the year before. Reus was awful but Ibra was great. Still waiting for that Ronaldo!

I got Bale the first year of MyClub, and Di Maria last year.

My preference this year would be 1. Messi, 2. Pogba, 3. Iniesta

I'll be very disappointed if I get Dani Alves, David Alaba or James Rodriguez

Liking the look of FIFA tbh, in fairness to FIFA its not that the gameplay isnt very good, it is but it is just its predictability that detracts from it. PES had the feel of being more spontaneous and unpredictable.

• Advertisement

BabyE wrote: »
    Liking the look of FIFA tbh, in fairness to FIFA its not that the gameplay isnt very good, it is but it is just its predictability that detracts from it. PES had the feel of being more spontaneous and unpredictable.

Have you played the new one? The gameplay in the last one and just the game in general was quite bad in fifa 16

Advertisement