Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2017 - Thoughts & Discussion

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Colemania wrote: »
    Have you played the new one? The gameplay in the last one and just the game in general was quite bad in fifa 16

Nope bought 15 and didnt like it, didnt play 16 , loved FIFA 14 and 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I hope I get Iniesta or Neuer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'd be delighted with any of the front 3 of Messi, Ronaldo, or Neymar. Than either Pogba or Iniesta from midfield. Pique or Ramos from the defenders or Neuer.

Just hope I don't get James Rodriguez, Alves, or Alaba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I'd be delighted with any of the front 3 of Messi, Ronaldo, or Neymar. Than either Pogba or Iniesta from midfield. Pique or Ramos from the defenders or Neuer.

Just hope I don't get James Rodriguez, Alves, or Alaba.

Got James on loan last year too and then got him in an agent towards the end. Didn't think much of him

Since there is no thread for the PC version, I must warn you all to not get it if you're playing on PC, the game will be a gimped version again somewhere in between the PS4/Xbox One and last gen console version, it seems Konami really want to push their users to playing on consoles.

Fifa again for me this year.

• Advertisement

Since there is no thread for the PC version, I must warn you all to not get it if you're playing on PC, the game will be a gimped version again somewhere in between the PS4/Xbox One and last gen console version, it seems Konami really want to push their users to playing on consoles.

Fifa again for me this year.

The PS4 master race will be enjoying PES 2017. Oh yes.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The PS4 master race will be enjoying PES 2017. Oh yes.

Those glorious 30 frames per second. But yeah, you'll be able to play it in all its glory, I just won't buy it.

Those glorious 30 frames per second. But yeah, you'll be able to play it in all its glory, I just won't buy it.

Sorry for being a dick, its rare the shoe is on the other foot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The bulk option file import is a game changer this year.

Endless possibilities.

I've played this demo so much, it's brilliant. So excited now, only a few days left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ibra with a classic pes finish in the derby

• Advertisement

PESWorld not charging for their option files and PESUniverse charging £5. Both available for release day.

Looks like both will include all kits for all teams in all divisions (PL, Championship, La Liga, Serie A etc) proper names, proper managers, updated team tactics, edited faces, full Bundesliga, extra teams.

Quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There's also a legends option file coming out. Pes universe have it up on their twitter. Could be a bit of fun

So that's for ps4? PC also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

So annoyed the Microsoft doesn't allow this on the xbox one. I wonder is it because of their partnership with EA or is there another reason.

I actually got salty over it last year and complained about an advert they had on the xbox one home screen referring to Fifa 16 as they best of gamescom even though PES won best sports game last year, and the year before, and Fifa didn't even get nominated this year.

I don't care about the licensing and gameplay will always be more important but god dammit I want to make my own incredibly detailed CraggyIsland FC kit with Fr Ted's image in as the manager.

There's also a legends option file coming out. Pes universe have it up on their twitter. Could be a bit of fun

Just saw that there. 20+ classic teams.

I had two options files for PES6, standard and classics and the classics one was used so much.

Should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alister89

Just saw that there. 20+ classic teams.

I had two options files for PES6, standard and classics and the classics one was used so much.

Should be great.

yeah 20 teams is only the base, we will be providing updates as we go. Check out or follow @PESUniLegends on twitter for more and latest info

PESWorld not charging for their option files and PESUniverse charging £5. Both available for release day.

Looks like both will include all kits for all teams in all divisions (PL, Championship, La Liga, Serie A etc) proper names, proper managers, updated team tactics, edited faces, full Bundesliga, extra teams.

Quality.

not true, the PES Universe option file is free, they are offering a charge on the option to have all the work completed saving the user time and effort.

The new option file is not the same as traditional option files where you just copy one file over.

check out @PESUniLegends on twitter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Quality.

That's a lot to do for them, due to Konami's sheer laziness. I know they can't get the licenses but they could at least try and get it as close as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    That's a lot to do for them, due to Konami's sheer laziness. I know they can't get the licenses but they could at least try and get it as close as possible.

Maybe there was a brown envelope passed from the Konami offices to the like these.

I wouldn't complain if there was to be honest! :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭KReid

What'a the cheapest price people have seen the game advertised for? Still on the Xbox 360 becuase this is the only game I play anymore.

Alister89 wrote: »
    check out @PESUniLegends on twitter!!

Already following man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TheMidnitekid

Quality.

Hey man, just said I'd answer this as lots of people asking and emailing about pricing etc, lots of misinformation being spread!

To clarify - the Pesuniverse option is 100% free and will be on site 15th. That's all the leagues, kits, logos, Bundesliga etc.

The 4.99 you mention is for silver membership on the site which is best explained here -

"The new pesuniverse site operates on a membership basis split into Silver & Gold. Each tier grants you early access to exclusive content, unique kits and extended privileges. Think of it like EA Access.

Simply put, every single bit of content provided will be free for anyone to download but members will get early access before it goes live on the site by up to a month.

By donating to this option file and showing your support, you are automatically a silver member which enables you to:

Classic Option File - 20+ classic teams complete with players, kits & logos - Henry, Zidane, Péle, Best, Beckham & so on playing for their respective classic team.

Exclusive League Kits - Liga MX, MLS, J-League, Leagues 1& 2 & More

Extra Leagues - League of Ireland, MLS, Chinese League, Russian League & more

Custom Avatars - exclusive Forum avatars

Custom Logos - design a team logo

Classic Kits for myClub - brazil 1970, Ireland 90

Fantasy Kits - batman, game of thrones etc

Automatic entry into our weekly giveaways

PESUniverse FC as an extra team

We also will be giving out free updates for the whole year to keep the option file as fresh as possible as well as a few surprises we won’t share just yet

One thing they haven't fixed is crosses on long pass on manual when you're near the opposition box. For some reason the computer takes over and tries to cross it for you when you just try to do a dink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So how do these download is it more faffing about with a USB or is it like the WWE stuff where you can download direct in game

So how do these download is it more faffing about with a USB or is it like the WWE stuff where you can download direct in game

Basically a click of a button, simple. Will have a quick tutorial ready by later to show if needed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Edging towards FIFA, the problem is you dont know who to trust, both sides have fanatical supporters so hard to gauge. Both games are super close thats for sure

Have you played the fifa demo? I'll pick up fifa later but that's mainly because I want to play through the journey myself. Which ever game grabs me is the one I'll stick with

Will option files be available for 360 and PC?

• Advertisement

Will option files be available for 360 and PC?

Unfortunely there is no option for 360 and PS3 yeah

Advertisement