Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Galway questions for regular route users

• 23-05-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I am driving my 30kw leaf to Clifden next weekend and just wondered what would you guys suggest for charging stops.
    My main issue is charging overnight in Clifden, the app hows 2 x type 2 charge points at the Station House Courtyard. Are these available 24 hours to the public and has anyone here used them? I will be staying in a B&B across the road.
    I was planning on stoping in Athlone and Galway city on both legs of the trip, but i wonder is Ballinasloe a quieter spot i.e. less possibility of queues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Athlone is probably where I'd stop in a Leaf. The Ballinasloe rapid has a poor mobile signal so it sometimes has issues allowing new cards access.

Athlone is now the old dual-headed DBT from cashel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

Athlone is in middle of town so you could lose some time during peak hours. On other hand there are more things to do there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

I do the Dublin to Galway quite regularity and never had to queue in Topaz Athlone. You can reach Ballinasloe from Dublin in the 30kw however it leaves you little reserve in case of problems. The FC in Athlone is next door to KFC if that floats your boat.

Takes about 60% of the battery to get from Athlone to Galway. Have used the FC in Topaz in Galway a few times and never had to queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

The charge point in Clifden is iced. Luckily I charged to 93% in Galway and have a 30kw battery. I doubt a 24kw battery would make the 77km trip out and back comfortably.

Advertisement