Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I Fix the Poor Wifi Signal in my Apartment?

Options
  • 23-05-2016 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently had to change eir accounts for reasons I don't have time to go into right here.

As part of the switch over I had to hand back all the hardware associated with the old account & I received a new modem, TV box etc for the new a/c when the technician arrived to hook me up.

Once the wifi was up and running I noticed that the signal was significantly weaker from the new modem. I now have trouble accessing the internet from the office (of all places) which is located in a different room to the modem. It is about 8m from the office PC to the modem as the crow flies so to speak.

There was never an issue receiving a signal in this room when using the old modem. Could you please confirm how to rectify this situation?

Kind regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Tim76 wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently had to change eir accounts for reasons I don't have time to go into right here.

As part of the switch over I had to hand back all the hardware associated with the old account & I received a new modem, TV box etc for the new a/c when the technician arrived to hook me up.

Once the wifi was up and running I noticed that the signal was significantly weaker from the new modem. I now have trouble accessing the internet from the office (of all places) which is located in a different room to the modem. It is about 8m from the office PC to the modem as the crow flies so to speak.

There was never an issue receiving a signal in this room when using the old modem. Could you please confirm how to rectify this situation?

Kind regards
    Hi  Tim76,
    Thanks for getting in touch. 
    I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband.

I would recommend contacting our technical support team and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 options 2.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Hi,

Kind regards
    Hi Tim 76,
    When you replaced the old hardwarwe was the modem located in a different location.
    Is the new modem the Huawei F2000. If so this is dual band and you should have both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID available to you - is the result the same on both SSSID.
    Does the new modem have a new orientation - a change in the direction your modem is facing can see a change in range and throughput.
    You could ring up and look to get homeplugs to provide WiFi in your office but at only 8M the modem should be sufficient to provide coverage.

BoycieIRL wrote: »
    Hi,

Kind regards
    Hi Tim 76,
    When you replaced the old hardwarwe was the modem located in a different location.
    Is the new modem the Huawei F2000. If so this is dual band and you should have both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID available to you - is the result the same on both SSSID.
    Does the new modem have a new orientation - a change in the direction your modem is facing can see a change in range and throughput.
    You could ring up and look to get homeplugs to provide WiFi in your office but at only 8M the modem should be sufficient to provide coverage.
    Thanks  BoycieIRL,

-Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Hi,

Kind regards
    Hi Tim 76,
    Hi BoycieIRL,

The new modem is the dual band one. Located in same position & orientation.

Anyway, I rang 1901 to get it sorted. The first guy I spoke to put me on hold and must have gone on his lunch or something. I rang back and got through to a different guy, who renamed the networks/password and changed the channel that the wifi comes in on (whatever that means). I now have a strong signal throughout the apartment :)

Hi,

Kind regards
    Hi Tim 76,
    Hi BoycieIRL,

The new modem is the dual band one. Located in same position & orientation.

Anyway, I rang 1901 to get it sorted. The first guy I spoke to put me on hold and must have gone on his lunch or something. I rang back and got through to a different guy, who renamed the networks/password and changed the channel that the wifi comes in on (whatever that means). I now have a strong signal throughout the apartment :)
    Glad to hear your issue is resolved Tim76.
    Apologies on behalf of the agent who put you on hold, I will have this flagged with the technical support department.

Thanks for getting back and updating us :)

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement