Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus bring me near the Aras

Options
  • 23-05-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    Hope someone might be able to help me. I checked on the dublin bus website but the info was unclear. I am wondering what bus can I get from near O'Connell St or near Hueston Station that will bring me near the Aras in the pheonix park?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

There aren't any routes that go through the park, so you would have to walk from one of the gates. it's probably a half hour walk from heuston, or very marginally shorter if you got a 46a to infirmary road

• Registered Users Posts: 17,721 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The closest would be the 37 which would drop you on Skreen Road just off Blackhorse Avenue. There's a pedestrian entrance to the Park nearby (have a look on Google Maps) and that's right beside the rear entrance to the Aras.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Thank you so much that just the info I needed. Sorry to ask another question. I checked the route on Dublin bus and one of the stops it mentions is O'connell bridge. Does that mean there is a stop on O'connell street? Just wondering where in town I can catch this bus?

Many thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,721 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

yogalady wrote: »
    Thank you so much that just the info I needed. Sorry to ask another question. I checked the route on Dublin bus and one of the stops it mentions is O'connell bridge. Does that mean there is a stop on O'connell street? Just wondering where in town I can catch this bus?

Many thanks again

The 37 stops on Aston Quay, and along the Quays and then operates via Blackhall Place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Train to phoenix park...maynooth line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

amtc wrote: »

There is no Phoenix Park train station. There is the Ashtown station and the Navan Rd Parkway station. Both of which are on the other side of the Navan Rd from the Phoenix Park. The Navan Rd is a difficult road to cross over on foot, as it's the N3 & it's a very busy road. The 37 bus would bring the OP far closer to the gate that is nearest to the Aras, than the train would.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

amtc wrote: »

That would leave a good 40 minute walk to the Aras! :rolleyes:

Advertisement