Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Charles visiting donegal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

What has he done to deserve that? Poor fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

They are going to be visiting Magees in Donegal Town, large Gardai presence here all day haven't seen the likes of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Visiting LYIT and Glenveigh castle too.

Visiting LYIT and Glenveigh castle too.

Yeah there has been a protest organised for him in Letterkenny I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

schizo1014 wrote: »
    Yeah there has been a protest organised for him in Letterkenny I've heard

:rolleyes:
    FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

4 garda transit vans rolled into donegal town this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Did the locals line the streets to marvel at those new fangled steel horses? :)

There was a few parked at the Bosco Centre last night and a a few squad cars. Charlie boy is heading to hanna hats tomorrow and Magees so he'll be a cool looking cat by the time he gets to Letterkenny

schizo1014 wrote: »
    There was a few parked at the Bosco Centre last night and a a few squad cars. Charlie boy is heading to hanna hats tomorrow and Magees so he'll be a cool looking cat by the time he gets to Letterkenny

Would be great for Magees if he picks something up there. They have a really nice product.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Magees bought the company that makes his tartan I believe. That's the reason he's visiting magees apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Magees bought the company that makes his tartan I believe. That's the reason he's visiting magees apparently.
    Aye, that's the story I heard too, whether it's true or not, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

l love how the irony is always lost on these protesters as they wear the jersey of a club... from Britain.
    And agreed on the monarchy... lets face it they only still exist because they make England more money in tourism than it costs to keep them

Ernan McGettigan was giving it his full sales pitch in the radio interviews I heard :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

NIMAN wrote: »
    If you are going to be daft enough to carry on like that surely you would have the sense to have a bottle of whiskey in the hand or is that poteen in the water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Had to be a piss take of your man outside Croke Park during The 6 Nations whilst Lansdowne Rd was being redeveloped.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Unfortunately I don't think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Celtic is a football Club based in Britain as everyone knows but started by and for Irish immigrants with a very Irish Nationalist and indeed Republican fanbase .. Im sure no one needs this pointed out to them, but there it is.

I think it's refreshing to see some young girls out protesting about this idiot being in the county and the waste of money thats went into to it , instead of sitting on their arses watching TOWIE or somesuch, pity there wasn't more like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

These pair should have been arrested ......its that simple, not for what they were doing, but for their dress sense..

Friend of mine was in Donegal town when they arrived and had a little video of the meet and greet. Lots of people seemed really happy and excited with the visit. You'll always get the odd ones like the girls above, who seem to forget that our county in particular are heavily reliant on cross boarder tourism, medical facilities and cold hard cash. They probably nip over to Enniskillen for a couple of bottles at the weekend rather than pay the Irish prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

You do realise that this picture was a set-up organised and paid for by a journalist, just like the picture of the guy outside Croke Park some years back carrying the 'NO FOREIGN GAMES' placard.
    Turned out that guy was an alcoholic/druggie in dire need of a few bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

washman3 wrote: »
    You do realise that this picture was a set-up organised and paid for by a journalist, just like the picture of the guy outside Croke Park some years back carrying the 'NO FOREIGN GAMES' placard.
    Turned out that guy was an alcoholic/druggie in dire need of a few bob.
    Post up the proof of this please.

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Celtic is a football Club based in Britain as everyone knows but started by and for Irish immigrants with a very Irish Nationalist and indeed Republican fanbase .. Im sure no one needs this pointed out to them, but there it is.

as im sure this was a reply to me...
    despite all that Irishness... some of the money from that jersey went into the pocket of the person they are protesting. thus the irony ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I think it's refreshing to see some young girls out protesting about this idiot being in the county and the waste of money thats went into to it , instead of sitting on their arses watching TOWIE or somesuch, pity there wasn't more like them.

Can I take it by your strong opposition to his visit that you never enter Northern Ireland to go shopping, you don't subscribe to Sky who are a British company and you don't do anything that would in any way lend support to anything British. If you do any of the above then you are typical of the ignorant hypocrites that come out of the woodwork on visits such as these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Would you get a grip. The club is British, full stop. It is a big British city. Get over it.

Refreshing to see??? Why dont they protest about something useful, like important issues. Not about royalty of our neighbour visiting.

Why are you so anti-British?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You have to feel a bit sorry for him. He's spent his whole life in training for a job he will probably never take up.

enzo roco wrote: »
    Would you get a grip. The club is British, full stop. It is a big British city. Get over it.

Refreshing to see??? Why dont they protest about something useful, like important issues. Not about royalty of our neighbour visiting.

Why are you so anti-British?

Thanks for telling me about my home City which I grew up in and lived in until I was 26, and which btw voted FOR independence from the UK in the referendum.

Why didn't it get partitioned off from the UK after that like N.I which was partitioned for less ??

Anway I wasn't talking about the city i was talking about the football club

Id say the commander in chief of the parachute regiment which killed 14 people dead in our neighbouring county is someone that not only should we not be welcoming, but we shouldn't be paying a fortune for the privilege neither .

Where exactly did I say I was Anti-British?
    I was born and brought up in Britain.. I don't like their Royal Family, neither do a lot of people in Britain, who are forced to pay tax for the unelected spongers .

And lastly back to Celtic, yes of course Celtic is a British Football Club, but as I pointed out it was started by & is followed mostly by those from the Irish Diaspora around the world and our fans proudly fly the Irish flag everywhere we go and have won awards from both FIFA and UEFA for our behaviour whilst doing so . So if the best cheap shot that can be had at these girls is that one is wearing a Celtic top then they aren't doing too bad.

Tbh I think it's wrong posters having digs at them on here, its snide & they are obviously local girls and could be a boardsies sister or daughter.

Half of the ones commenting I bet have sang a rebel song some night full of the ale, at least these young girls have the conviction to stand up for what they believe in.

Can I take it by your strong opposition to his visit that you never enter Northern Ireland to go shopping, you don't subscribe to Sky who are a British company and you don't do anything that would in any way lend support to anything British. If you do any of the above then you are typical of the ignorant hypocrites that come out of the woodwork on visits such as these.

I don't subscribe to Sky nor do i enter the north to go Shopping , not out of principal i just don't , I was born and brought up in the UK I have many things to be thankful to it for, but the Royal Family is not one of them.

Again I will reiterate I am not Anti-British but I don't agree with the money spent on today's visit nor the visit itself due to Charlies deep connections with the Parachute regiment.

When the day comes that there is a United Ireland then and only then should we be inviting these parasites over , id much rather have David Cameron at least he was elected .

overshoot wrote: »
    as im sure this was a reply to me...
    despite all that Irishness... some of the money from that jersey went into the pocket of the person they are protesting. thus the irony ;)

not if she bought it off ali express like any sane person would :D

Half of the ones commenting I bet have sang a rebel song some night full of the ale, at least these young girls have the conviction to stand up for what they believe in.

tbh looking at the pictures they were struggling to stand...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Thanks for telling me about my home City which I grew up in and lived in until I was 26, and which btw voted FOR independence from the UK in the referendum.

Why didn't it get partitioned off from the UK after that like N.I which was partitioned for less ??

Anway I wasn't talking about the city i was talking about the football club

Id say the commander in chief of the parachute regiment which killed 14 people dead in our neighbouring county is someone that not only should we not be welcoming, but we shouldn't be paying a fortune for the privilege neither .

Where exactly did I say I was Anti-British?
    I was born and brought up in Britain.. I don't like their Royal Family, neither do a lot of people in Britain, who are forced to pay tax for the unelected spongers .

And lastly back to Celtic, yes of course Celtic is a British Football Club, but as I pointed out it was started by & is followed mostly by those from the Irish Diaspora around the world and our fans proudly fly the Irish flag everywhere we go and have won awards from both FIFA and UEFA for our behaviour whilst doing so . So if the best cheap shot that can be had at these girls is that one is wearing a Celtic top then they aren't doing too bad.

Tbh I think it's wrong posters having digs at them on here, its snide & they are obviously local girls and could be a boardsies sister or daughter.

I would never sing any ridiculous song about being anti-British. Because I have no reason to hate a whole country or their royalty.

Youre British, and you feel their spongers, ok, then maybe you should protest about them in Britain.
    The Scottish independence vote is none of my business, you vote whatever way you want.

You mention the murder of 14 people. Well obviously that was awful. But both sides have done such stupid things. Omagh was so stupid and horrible. What did it achieve?
    There are stupid people on both sides that have done such horrible things to eachother. Its time to cop on and show a little respect to one another.
    The women saying brits out today, and in July you'll have some clowns in Northern Ireland burning an Irish flag. This crap will not stop unless we all grow up and stop hatting eachother.

The women deserve to be called silly. They have brought embarrassment to their town

Advertisement