Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Grub lunch

Options
  • 23-05-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Heading to Bruce at the weekend and want to get some lunch before heading to Croke park, anywhere on route or in town that's not too outta the way? i googled recommendations but i'm not too sure of all the street names and don't wanna go too outta the way. Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Which direction are you approaching it from?
    You're probably best grabbing something in town as there's a better choice.
    I don't think there's many decent eateries nearby Croker, apart from chippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Gona get the bus into town from the Chapelizod side, will probably walk from there or something (traffic depending) so somewhere from there i guess.. entering croke park from the St James Ave side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Nancy hands or ashling on quays

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Kavanaghs on Dorset St, good food, 10-15 min walk to Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Aurora pub on eccles st was good. Haven't been in it for a while though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

5 mins walk from the quays is Oneills on suffolk street. Good food and tasty pints. its on the south side though, but 10mins walk to tara st train station

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Aurora pub on eccles st was good. Haven't been in it for a while though

I think that's a hotel now, but it might still do food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Not sure if it's the direction your coming from but Harbourmaster in the IFSC does lovely food :pac:

Advertisement