Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance

• 23-05-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I am shopping around for home insurance and I notice that the brokers send me only the quotation and when I ask them to send me the policy wording the say they don't have it and before I have to sign.
    How can I sign the form if before I don't have the opportunity to read the policy wording?Shouldn't the brokers send this to me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

They should have it available in advance but you will probably have a 14 day cooling off period and they will send you the policy details within this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

You are entitled to be provided with a specimen policy for any policy you are considering. The reason they are refusing is that they don't want to identify the insurer to you, because you might go back to your current provider and say 'hey, X insurer are offering a great deal' and then they will put you with that company. In effect, the insurer offering the good quote will lose out on the business because they covered the market better than your lazy current company.

Bottom line, every insurer is obliged to provide ANYBODY, who asks them for a specimen policy. Many need reminding of this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

Try Blue Insurance on their website, might be worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

The broker should give you a policy booklet with the quotation.

Advertisement