Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does the process take and Best/worst times to look for a job in Melbourne

Options
  • 23-05-2016 3:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I'm starting the process of applying for a state sponsored permanent migration visa for Victoria, specifically Melbourne

My occupation is on the CSOL and is Chemist, can someone tell me from start to finish how long this process takes and once the visa is granted when is the best time to head over to start looking for jobs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

From memory the process only took me about a month from the moment i applied to being granted the visa.

I cant say how long it takes for skills assessment for Chemist but the assessing body should be able to give you an indication at least.

In my experience, the worst time to be looking for a job is December/January which is school holidays. Prior to your arrival there is nothing stopping you from making contact with recruiters.

Good luck!

Advertisement