Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online, still on hold 50 mins and counting, ridiculous service!!

Options
  • 23-05-2016 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Trying to cancel a credit card payment and BOI wasting my day...

Ridiculous and unacceptable wait time for a simple query. Will have to hang up . Thought I might get a quicker response here...What are my bank charges paying for? Next call will be looking into banking alternatives.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon destanduin, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry to hear that you experienced delays while trying to contact Credit card Services. We're aware that this department are currently experiencing a high volume of calls. Please be assured that our customer service team are working as quickly and efficiently as possible to address each and every customers query. 

Although we don't have account access here we may be able to advise you on the easiest solution to your query. Can you confirm if you'd like to cancel a continuous authority transaction (subscription)  or a once off transaction. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 destanduin

Good Afternoon destanduin, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry to hear that you experienced delays while trying to contact Credit card Services. We're aware that this department are currently experiencing a high volume of calls. Please be assured that our customer service team are working as quickly and efficiently as possible to address each and every customers query. 

Although we don't have account access here we may be able to advise you on the easiest solution to your query. Can you confirm if you'd like to cancel a continuous authority transaction (subscription)  or a once off transaction. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks for your response. Call was finally answered after just short of an hour on hold!! First call was answered after a 25 minute wait which was immediately dropped by operator. Could be a mistake or could be a way to keep up operator's KPIs by answering more calls, depending on your level of cynicism (mine was high after my wait).  It is a payment dispute, so there is no way to use automated services that I could see. Sometimes you just need to speak to a human being to sort out an issue, and BOI's system is not fit for purpose if this is regarded as an acceptable wait time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi destanduin, 

We're extremely sorry about this. Just to mention, if you wish to dispute a transaction in the future we'd suggest contacting the company first. If you've already done this, you can complete this form and return it with supporting documentation to the address listed. 

We would also like to investigate the issue you experienced with regards to your call disconnecting. Can I ask you to Private Message us with your name and the number you were calling from. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2 steelycool

Hi BOI, I'm sorry to report that I had to hang up after waiting 34 minutes this evening to get through to banking 365.  This is apalling.  I am definitely changing banks due to the dreadful "service".  Worse still is the reason I had to call - my ATM card just arrived with my name mis-spelt.  I had to hold for 15 minutes to request it the first time. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

I hope you guys aren't using the 0818 number. It's not included in most plans and costs a fortune. Use the 01 number from saynoto1890 instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

To be fair to BOI they are being hammered at the moment with LowCostHolidays going bust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

steelycool wrote: »
    Hi BOI, I'm sorry to report that I had to hang up after waiting 34 minutes this evening to get through to banking 365.  This is apalling.  I am definitely changing banks due to the dreadful "service".  Worse still is the reason I had to call - my ATM card just arrived with my name mis-spelt.  I had to hold for 15 minutes to request it the first time. 
    Hi steelycool, 

We're sorry for the long hold time you experienced yesterday. If you have not received assistance since then, we will be happy to arrange a call to you to arrange your new Debit card. Please send us a private message here by clicking the link in my signature below. Please let us know your full name and contact number in your private message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement