Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Address Databases

Options
  • 23-05-2016 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

We bought our house around a year ago, we kept the house name on from the previous owners... however the name doesnt appear ANYWHERE, car insurance was a pain in the rear end because our address never matches the databases even our eircode doesnt show our house name just the general area (but does pin point the house) our neighbours on either side are listed fine with the correct names..

Does anyone know how to go about getting the house properly listed?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Make a data protection request to eircode to correct their data about your address, which is incomplete.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Make a data protection request to eircode to correct their data about your address, which is incomplete.

Don't think so - take a look at their first FAQ here: http://www.eircode.ie/faqs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Ya I saw that... im not concerned with eircode in specific but with these bloody databases in general...ive had nothing but issues with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Contact GeoDirectory, they compile the database of Irish addresses. It's also used for Eircodes database.

qrx wrote: »
    Contact GeoDirectory, they compile the database of Irish addresses. It's also used for Eircodes database.
    Thanks, got in touch and they took all the details and said they would investigate. Hoping this will solve alot of the issues... possibly even google maps?

• Advertisement

Just an update, GeoDirectory confirm they have updated their databases with the correct information now and I can also see it has already flowed into the Eircode databases... hopefully this will make getting car insurance and house insurance easier next year!

Thanks for the advice folks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

fionny wrote: »
    Ya I saw that... im not concerned with eircode in specific but with these bloody databases in general...ive had nothing but issues with them...

Cant blame the DB's if the previous owners made up a name for the house and never told anyone, up to you to sort now.

Rew wrote: »

Cant blame the DB's if the previous owners made up a name fir the house and never told anyone up to you to sort now.

I did...

And you can blame them when thats their job...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I did...

And you can blame them when thats their job...

My point was that its not their job to discover someone has put a name on their house.

Advertisement