Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duathlon in Dunboyne Sun 14th May, 10K/54K/3K

Options
  • 23-05-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

There's a duathlon this Sunday 29th May in Dunboyne!

The distances are long and it's a great event. 10K run (lovely rural route and very flat) followed by a 54K cycle, again flat, and finally a 3K run. It's the Frank Fagan Duathlon and all proceeds go to the Irish Heart Foundation. Last year was the inaugural event and it went down a storm, everyone loved it.

Check out www.facebook.com/frankfaganduathlon or message me for more details.

Dunboyne, this Sunday, 10am!

I checked out the event thread but it's very out of date - hope it's ok to put this event in its own thread. Do let me know if there's another thread I should use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

did it last year, it's a good race alright - the 3k run at the end was tough with the laps around that track. did I hear it's a different 3k run route this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Hi Rodriquez. Yes it is a different 3K route this year (those laps of the track were far too difficult to count by the time you got that far!).

This year we have a short loop which you'll do twice. It's actually a really nice loop, with half of it on a wooded trail, half on a road through a housing estate. It's a much better solution. After the two loops you do 300 meters on the track, finishing to rapturous applause from all our spectators all the way round :)

Hope to see you back again on Sunday :)

www.facebook.com/frankfaganduathlon/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

do you need a licence for this or do you just rock up and race? Are one day licences available?
    Thanks!

lennymc wrote: »
    do you need a licence for this or do you just rock up and race? Are one day licences available?
    Thanks!

Just rock up and race Lenny!

(Or alternatively you could register in advance, see our FB page for the registration link: www.facebook.com/frankfaganduathlon )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

Did this race last year and really enjoyed it! Very well organised and an all round great atmosphere. The change of route for the final 3k this year is very welcome as the 8 laps last year were pure torture :)
    Pity I can't make it this year :(

• Advertisement

fletch wrote: »
    Did this race last year and really enjoyed it! Very well organised and an all round great atmosphere. The change of route for the final 3k this year is very welcome as the 8 laps last year were pure torture :)
    Pity I can't make it this year :(

We will miss you this year Fletch! Next year we'll try to arrange the date to suit you :)

And, err... I'm really sorry to have to tell you this...

but it was ... seven laps!

Mulberry wrote: »
    Just rock up and race Lenny!

(Or alternatively you could register in advance, see our FB page for the registration link: www.facebook.com/frankfaganduathlon )

Thanks Mulberry.

What sort of times would the slower guys be looking at. I will be fine on the bike but haven't run 10k in a while and don't want you to have to send out a search party!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

Next year we'll try to arrange the date to suit you :)
    That would be super thanks :)

And, err... I'm really sorry to have to tell you this...

but it was ... seven laps!
    Felt more like 70 :)
    Thanks Mulberry.

What sort of times would the slower guys be looking at. I will be fine on the bike but haven't run 10k in a while and don't want you to have to send out a search party!! :)
    Here's the results from last year
    http://www.racetimer.se/en/race/resultlist/2721?checkpoint=9999&layout=precision_timing&page=1&rc_id=10853

ah feck it sure I'm in. I like the IHF!! Should be in the second half of last years times.

Where is the track for the 3k? Is it a running track? Might get mrs lenny to cheer me on.

ah feck it sure I'm in. I like the IHF!! Should be in the second half of last years times.

Where is the track for the 3k? Is it a running track? Might get mrs lenny to cheer me on.
    The track is the Dunboyne Athletic Club track - that's where all the action will be, where the changeover takes place, where all the supporters will be waiting drinking tea and eating biscuits! The atmosphere lastyear was great, everyone really enjoyed it, competitors and spectators alike. You'll pass by Mrs Lenny loads of times and the finish gantry is on the track. And the weather is even set to be great! Mrs Lenny should definitely come!
    Great stuff Lenny! Say hi to me on the day, I'll be in a high viz looking frazzled :D

• Advertisement

Really well run event. I suffered. Lack of training. Anyway, one for next year and all for a great cause. Thanks mulberry, nice to meet you

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

another great race, the last run was much nicer but just as painful :)

the weather was perfect - managed to shave a few minutes off last years time too, happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Great race, fantastic stewardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kabuxa

Are we repeating this year??

kabuxa wrote: »
    Are we repeating this year??

Yes we certainly are Kabuxa! Sunday 14th May. All the details are on www.facebook.com/frankfaganduathlon and you can register here: https://eventgen.ie/frank-fagan-duathlon

The format is pretty much the same as last year, except we'll have a masters prize for all the individual categories, and also you can do the 54K cycle on its own or the 10K run on its own.

Shout if you've any questions! All profits to the Irish Heart Foundation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Yes we certainly are Kabuxa! Sunday 14th May. All the details are on www.facebook.com/frankfaganduathlon and you can register here: https://eventgen.ie/frank-fagan-duathlon

The format is pretty much the same as last year, except we'll have a masters prize for all the individual categories, and also you can do the 54K cycle on its own or the 10K run on its own.

Shout if you've any questions! All profits to the Irish Heart Foundation :)

I'm booked in.

Tri bars ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Let's see how this one goes :) Running Wings a week before so should be extra interesting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Great! I've just signed up for the cycle only - my first proper bike event :eek: Am looking forward to it although for some reason I thought I had a few more weeks to prepare... :D

Whyner wrote: »
    I'm booked in.

Tri bars ok?

Yes, tri bars are ok, but drafting is not allowed.

See you there!

Just to confirm, this event takes place on Sunday 14th May this year (anyone know how I can edit the thread title?).

Also, (and I'm not just saying this!), entries are coming in thick and fast. We cap the numbers at 200 and at the rate we're going we'll hit that number well before race day, so get in now if you're keen!

https://eventgen.ie/frank-fagan-duathlon €25 per person regardless of whether you do it all, do it as a part of a relay team, or just do the run/cycle.

Distances are 10K run, 54K cycle, 3K run. All profits go to the Irish Heart Foundation.

More info here: www.facebook.com/pg/frankfaganduathlon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Wonderful course and race, was really fun and enjoyable. I wouldn't mind a bit more people, but I do understand why they decided to stick to max 200... Big thanks to organizers and hope to see you again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Well done zico and PK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Thoroughly enjoyed this event yesterday, fantastic organisation, super marshals and signage on the course, they even organised to keep the rain away!! Will be back next year for sure.

Advertisement