Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a 'True Certified Copy' of degree Apostilled

Options
  • 23-05-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a job abroad and I need an apostilled copy of my university degree.

I ordered a duplicate of the original in English (the original is in Latin) from NUI. I also ordered an authenticated copy. This copy is stamped as a 'CERTIFIED TRUE COPY' and is signed and dated.

On the Dept. of Foreign Affairs website it states:

Photocopies
    We can Authenticate/Apostille photocopies of certain types of documents provided they have been certified by a practising Irish Solicitor or Notary Public in Ireland.

Can this copy by apostilled as is or do I need to get it certified by a Notary Public? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

If you need it to go abroad it usually has to certified by a notary public- that can cost up to €100.

Check whether it needs to be certified or merely witness which any solicitor can do for a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

LilyPool wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a job abroad and I need an apostilled copy of my university degree.

I ordered a duplicate of the original in English (the original is in Latin) from NUI. I also ordered an authenticated copy. This copy is stamped as a 'CERTIFIED TRUE COPY' and is signed and dated.

On the Dept. of Foreign Affairs website it states:

Photocopies
    We can Authenticate/Apostille photocopies of certain types of documents provided they have been certified by a practising Irish Solicitor or Notary Public in Ireland.

Can this copy by apostilled as is or do I need to get it certified by a Notary Public? :confused:

To the best of my knowledge the document must be certified by a Notary as the Department through to apostille procedure verify the signature of the the Notary.

http://www.notarypublic.ie/apostille-and-legalisation/

Advertisement