Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gymnastics classes for children

Options
  • 23-05-2016 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I'm looking for gymnastic classes for my 5 year old daughter, ideally close to Swords. I found these online and wondering if anyone had any experience with either one of them:

Arabian gymnastics
    Grange gymnastics
    Leader gymnastics club
    North County gymnastics club
    Gymstars gymnastics

I didn't realise there are that many of them... it's a little bit overwhelming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭shane6977

munyt wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for gymnastic classes for my 5 year old daughter, ideally close to Swords. I found these online and wondering if anyone had any experience with either one of them:

Arabian gymnastics
    Grange gymnastics
    Leader gymnastics club
    North County gymnastics club
    Gymstars gymnastics

I didn't realise there are that many of them... it's a little bit overwhelming

Had my son in both North County and Leader.

North County are good but very big club with lots of kids, unless your child is good enough to make the squad they tend to get left behind.

I would recommend Leader, great club with excellent coaches who really seem to put the time into every child.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munyt

shane6977 wrote: »
    Had my son in both North County and Leader.

North County are good but very big club with lots of kids, unless your child is good enough to make the squad they tend to get left behind.

I would recommend Leader, great club with excellent coaches who really seem to put the time into every child.

Hi shane6977,

thanks very much for sharing your experience, it's very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Arabian are excellent & very encouraging, but they're extremely selective with squads.

Thanks very much OU812! Can you explain a little bit about the squad? What does it really mean, what happens if you don't make the squad? Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

the squad is the elite. they're the ones who go off for competitions & they have a special tracksuit & leotard. If you don't make squad, it's pretty much non competitive gymnastics for recreation

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    the squad is the elite. they're the ones who go off for competitions & they have a special tracksuit & leotard. If you don't make squad, it's pretty much non competitive gymnastics for recreation

great, thank you for the explanation, it's good to know.

Advertisement