Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a Bank draft

Options
  • 23-05-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello Good afternoon, I´m an English student who recently arrived in Ireland. As a Non EEA student I need to get a visa. My school told me that the law has changed and now the only way I could open a Bank account in Ireland is by being enrol in a 33 weeks course, which is not my case. I was told that a Bank Draft works as a proof of finance, therefore I was wondering, how I can get a bank draft without having a bank account in Ireland, is this possible with you?.

My bank draft:

Must be the original (not a photocopy).
    Must show the student’s full name.
    Must show it is for the minimum amount of €3,000.
    Must not be made out to 'cash'.
    A cheque cannot be used as an alternative

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

danielan13 wrote: »
    Hello Good afternoon, I´m an English student who recently arrived in Ireland. As a Non EEA student I need to get a visa. My school told me that the law has changed and now the only way I could open a Bank account in Ireland is by being enrol in a 33 weeks course, which is not my case. I was told that a Bank Draft works as a proof of finance, therefore I was wondering, how I can get a bank draft without having a bank account in Ireland, is this possible with you?.

My bank draft:

Must be the original (not a photocopy).
    Must show the student’s full name.
    Must show it is for the minimum amount of €3,000.
    Must not be made out to 'cash'.
    A cheque cannot be used as an alternative

Thank you for your help.
    Hi danielan13,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

It is necessary to have a Current account with us in order to obtain a bank draft. If you wish to open a Current Account with us, please see this link or you can call our New Accounts team on 1890 354 454 and a representative will be happy to assist you. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement