Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minimum daily hours/night hours premium.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Because think about it. There should he laws against it then.

Why would someone Ho to work for one hour at 10euro if it's coating them possible 6.90 in transport to get there.

Ridiculous

Just because you think there should be laws against it does not mean there are, and i'm not even convinced that there should be.

Right now, there is nothing illegal being done, so you have no case for claiming constructive dismissal.

If the contract stated that flexiblility was expected on your part, and you didn't factor that in, then that's your problem.

I know that we don't pay mileage to the staff travelling an hour vs those travelling 5 minutes. I didn't force them to take the job.

I'd suggest anyway that you look for alternative work. The moment you start mentioning "EU ruling, barristers, etc" to your employers, they'll be looking for ways to dump you off the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jamesdublin12

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Just because you think there should be laws against it does not mean there are, and i'm not even convinced that there should be.

Right now, there is nothing illegal being done, so you have no case for claiming constructive dismissal.

If the contract stated that flexiblility was expected on your part, and you didn't factor that in, then that's your problem.

I know that we don't pay mileage to the staff travelling an hour vs those travelling 5 minutes. I didn't force them to take the job.

I'd suggest anyway that you look for alternative work. The moment you start mentioning "EU ruling, barristers, etc" to your employers, they'll be looking for ways to dump you off the books.

That's was The verbal agreement that we had back then when I started in the company

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stheno wrote: »
    Where did you get the post you quoted from?

Its called BBCode.
    That's was The verbal agreement that we had back then when I started in the company

Try enforcing anything based on averbal agreement like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ED E wrote: »
    Its called BBCode.

Try enforcing anything based on averbal agreement like that.

Ahh, I think Stethno was wondering where you quoted from, rather than how you did it!

I noted that you didn't attribute the "quote" to anyone - meaning IMHO that what you did was paraphrasing the original post(s) rather than quoted as such. But BBCode doesn't have a separate format for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That explanation was tongue in cheek. Yes it was just paraphrasing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement