Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a faulty laptop from Argos, will they refund it?

Options
  • 23-05-2016 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As the title says, I just bought a laptop from Argos an hour ago, that's faulty. Took it out of the box and found that he locking switch for the battery is stuck in the lock position and because of this the battery will not sit into the laptop, making it useless.

I don't want to mess with it in any way in case I cause damage to it so I wanna bring it back. I just tried to sit the battery in and noticed that the lock was on, but when I tried to move it to unlock I found that it just simply would not move.

Is it something they would refund for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yes. Argos are really good with this sort of problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,033 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They may replace not refund however they are probably the best retailer at refunding open box returns for change of mind and with this being a valid warranty reason they probably will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

_Brian wrote: »
    Yes. Argos are really good with this sort of problem.

Cool thanks!
    L1011 wrote: »
    They may replace not refund however they are probably the best retailer at refunding open box returns for change of mind and with this being a valid warranty reason they probably will too.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a replacement cause it's a decent enough laptop that was a great price, but it was the last one of it in stock and when I search for it on the argos website, it doesn't appear anymore.

Cool, thanks for the answers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,033 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Refund it is then. You are very unlikely to have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Argos are probably one of the best stores if there are faulty products in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Usually there are two retaining clips for laptop batteries, one that is spring loaded and the other usually stays open until closed to the locked position.

If they try to "fix" it in the store make sure that they don't just force the battery into place as that would probably damace the retaining clips and it might be fine for a while but you may not be able to remove it after or it might start falling out of the laptop during use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Yes they will. It happened to me before and after a 2 minutes examination, I was offered a replacement. Which is what I asked the for.

imo Argos are one of the best when it comes to helping customers out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Their returns policy is the main reason I would buy from argos, I would pay a little more safe in the knowledge I will have no hassle.

Advertisement