Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat resistant paint

Options
  • 23-05-2016 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there -

I have a stove fitted in my living room fireplace which has started causing heat damage to the wooden fireplace surround and recently it seems like the varnish is melting a little and giving off fumes.

Someone suggested re-painting the wooden fireplace surround with heat resistant paint but I've found it difficult to source this. Any advice on this would be much appreciated -

Thanks a mil in advance -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Johoul

Thanks Calahonda for the quick response. I am not really familiar the terminology in the Technical Guidance Document. Can you direct me to the section that pertains to the fireplace surround? (I've checked around 2.6 - 2.8 but I'm not too sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭dathi

Johoul wrote: »
    T I am not really familiar the terminology in the Technical Guidance Document. Can you direct me to the section that pertains to the fireplace surround? (I've checked around 2.6 - 2.8 but I'm not too sure)

page 27 diagram 11, 12, 13

Advertisement