Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Manning Memorial Dunshaughlin 10km - June 18th

Options
  • 23-05-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

At 7.30pm on Saturday June 18th, the cream of Ireland's road runners will once again lead the charge of almost 1,000 runners up the main street and out onto the roads on the traditional Michael Manning 10km route. Named in honour of a founding club member, the event is now Ireland’s oldest 10km road races. A little less than 30 minutes later and the winners will be crossing the finish line in what will be the 37th year of this well known event. The Community Centre once again will be where race head quarters is located and will be a hive of activity on the day, especially for the after race supper and prize giving. Dunshaughlin AC very much appreciates the generosity of the community centre, the local businesses and community as a whole.

- FREE RACE DAY T-SHIRT FOR FIRST 500 ENTRIES - Online entry is 15 euro and 20 euro on the day

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/MichaelManningMemorialDunshaughlin10kmRoadRace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

At 7.30pm on Saturday June 18th, the cream of Ireland's road runners will once again lead the charge of almost 1,000 runners up the main street and out onto the roads on the traditional Michael Manning 10km route. Named in honour of a founding club member, the event is now Ireland’s oldest 10km road races. A little less than 30 minutes later and the winners will be crossing the finish line in what will be the 37th year of this well known event. The Community Centre once again will be where race head quarters is located and will be a hive of activity on the day, especially for the after race supper and prize giving. Dunshaughlin AC very much appreciates the generosity of the community centre, the local businesses and community as a whole.

- FREE RACE DAY T-SHIRT FOR FIRST 500 ENTRIES - Online entry is 15 euro and 20 euro on the day

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/MichaelManningMemorialDunshaughlin10kmRoadRace

Whats the course like? Much hills? First half faster than second half?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd say the course is fair, a few uphill sections in the second half, nothing to be worried about though. The second half would be slightly slower on average I'd imagine.

Race profile:

https://www.strava.com/activities/329594077

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

Is race still on? Have received no joining instructions e mail?

Last year, there was a number collection facility the evening before?...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

charkee wrote: »
    Is race still on? Have received no joining instructions e mail?

Last year, there was a number collection facility the evening before?...
    The great landmass of Ireland will have fallen back into the sea, before Dunshaughlin is not run. Of course it is still on. It's Dunshaughlin.
    You can collect your race number before the race. Just get there with plenty time. Have a look at Dunshaughlin AC's Facebook page for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Any one know who did the timing on this one?

• Advertisement

Great race, great course, great spread.

One suggestion for improvement, get rid of the 5k Matt and put it at the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

http://www.sportsplits.com/Home/QuickResults?clientId=74&raceId=177&culture=en-US

This is the link to the results.

Best organised race I have ever done. Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

One suggestion for improvement, get rid of the 5k Matt and put it at the start line.

Yea. That made absolutly no sense whatsoever!! Hacing never done dunshaughlin but have ran loads of 10k's I found it bizzare that the would have that and no start line timing.

Do people even check or care about their 5k split? Like is it a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Great race as usual, super conditions for running. €15 I think I paid for a good race, t-shirt, big feed, showers, ahh we've been through all this before. Until next year..

I'd much rather have a 5k mat than a starting line mat, but yeah, it would definitely be of greater benefit to most runners to have the starting mat instead. The problem is the width of the road at the start line. Unfortunately everyone's official times seem to be about 3-5 seconds faster than actual times. Would love to take those extra 3 seconds, but seems to be pretty consistent across the results I've seen.

Think this was my 5th visit to Dunshaughlin, and my 5th PB. What an incredible race experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Have not raced a whole lot before but this event will definitely have me back again. Plenty of racing company in the mid pack to keep the race real from start to finish.

The organisation, for anything I have ever seen, was flawless. Could always clearly see what to do and where to go and the company afterwards for the grub and tea was very companionable.

Well done Dunshaughlin.

I'd much rather have a 5k mat than a starting line mat, but yeah, it would definitely be of greater benefit to most runners to have the starting mat instead. The problem is the width of the road at the start line. Unfortunately everyone's official times seem to be about 3-5 seconds faster than actual times. Would love to take those extra 3 seconds, but seems to be pretty consistent across the results I've seen.

Think this was my 5th visit to Dunshaughlin, and my 5th PB. What an incredible race experience.

Great running by ye guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Cracking race as always by Dunshaughlin, can't praise it enough any time I've done it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Some going . Well done. Serious time . How do you run faster despite getting older and well into the vets? Have been going the opposite direction .

youngrun wrote: »
    Some going . Well done. Serious time . How do you run faster despite getting older and well into the vets? Have been going the opposite direction .
    6 months dedicated to a single cause! It also doesn't hurt that I'm just back from two weeks at high altitude (Iten, Kenya). I suppose in some ways, I'm fortunate that I never ran in my youth (started running properly at around age 37/38). But every year I have to train harder and run more miles, and that only extends so far, until something breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Savage racing Krusty very well don man, the only way you get there is by gutsy training as you well know. Was stood behind you at the start and meant to say hello at the end but didnt manage t. Next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Not entirely sure why everyone is saying it was so fantastically organised. Several times on various stretches I had to move further over on the road due to cars on sections that should have been closed, Had a civil defense truck come by on a thin section of road where a good few folk had to shift road position to make way as the truck was quite wide. Had a string of cars come up and try to pass at a waterstation where people were on both sides of the road. Saw a SUV cut into an estate very close between runners on a junction where there was a Marshall but he was chatting to someone and missed it.

IMHO, as far as traffic management was concerned, It was exceptionally poor by Meath road racing standards.

Not entirely sure why everyone is saying it was so fantastically organised. Several times on various stretches I had to move further over on the road due to cars on sections that should have been closed, Had a civil defense truck come by on a thin section of road where a good few folk had to shift road position to make way as the truck was quite wide. Had a string of cars come up and try to pass at a waterstation where people were on both sides of the road. Saw a SUV cut into an estate very close between runners on a junction where there was a Marshall but he was chatting to someone and missed it.

IMHO, as far as traffic management was concerned, It was exceptionally poor by Meath road racing standards.

A marshall can't stop a car going down the road, only garda can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Fantastic run KC, I was one of the cheering masses close to the finish line as wasn't able to run it myself :(

The battle between the first two runners was incredible to watch as they came to the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

What time is this at? It doesn't seem to say on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Separate thread associated with this year's event (correct date) is here.

Advertisement