Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car valuation calculator

Options
  • 23-05-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reliable car valuation calculator online for an accurate indication for how much I should be selling my car for privately?

I found this http://www.adverts.ie/valuator but I have a 09 VW Passat high-line and its way above what I think the car is worth. I also suspect the validity as it dosen't factor mileage, service history, specific model type.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

None is as accurate as checking similar models on the sales sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Woop, my car is worth €7k. It's gone up in value in the last 4 years.
    If it had leather it would be worth €600 more :(
    If it (civic) had a 4.0 engine, it would be worth €12300

It's nonsense.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

lol, my vento is worth 643, only paid 500 for it

edit, when she passes the nct on the first of june she'll be worth 810

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

It adds 1200 to the value of the mondeo when you add on leather!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭FlushPoker.ie

I think you can see my point that the advert.ie calculator has its flaws :rolleyes: What do car dealerships use when someone comes in with a trade in car to give a valuation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They have their own guide book which is not made available to the general public.

Advertisement