Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help spruce-up this bargain

Options
  • 23-05-2016 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey guys,

Now, I'm not exactly a computer genius - but, for €200 I picked up this surprisingly nifty little PC 2nd hand. And I want to breathe a little more life in via a graphics card -

Specs

OS - Windows 10 64bit

CPU - Intel Core i3 2120 @3.30ghz

Motherboard - Intel Corp. DQ670W

Graphics - ZOTAC NVIDIA Geforce 210 1gb

PSU - 500w

I got this PC as I wanted a quick way to get back into my favorite old RTS games.

It plays Medieval II: Total War fantastically, it also runs Napoleon Total War okay, Empire Total War as well as Shogun on the very lowest settings.

What I really want is to get that Geforce 210 out of there and stick something else in, something not worlds apart from the 210, but a good, extra kick of power cheap enough. Something to help me with Fallout 3 maybe.

What do you guys recommend?

Any advice at all is so appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not very demanding games and the CPU is perfect for them, so I'd say sell the G210 for €20 and replace with something like this for €50 and you're laughing.

GT740 isn't a hugely powerful card but it's worlds apart from a G210 and it would run all those games at high/max settings fine, and can handle newer games like Fallout 4 and GTA V at 720p modest settings also.

CEX also give you a two year warranty so hard to find fault with the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Madra98

Thank you very much. Just bought that card. Not a bad little investment all-in-all including postage I'm in €254 for a nice little rig that does all I need and will be twice as good now.

Advertisement