Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandaddy, Vicar St, 18th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Great gig last night! Who else was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Friend of mine went. Said the band were great but the crowd were crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Great gig last night! Who else was there?

Yeah, super gig. Sound was brilliant - liked the videos too.

And the fact they played new songs would indicate there's a new album in the pipeline...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hunchback wrote: »
    Friend of mine went. Said the band were great but the crowd were crap

How was the crowd crap? In terms of numbers it looked a bit sparse right before they came on but standing was fairly full, though not close to a sell out at all in fairness. They got a big long applause after every song pretty much.

Not much in the way of jumping around or singing but, on the former it was mostly mild mannered crowd of fans no younger than 30 for the most part, and many older to boot. On the latter, it was their first gig (not counting EP) since 2004 possibly unless I completely missed one, and I was happy to hear them sing.

One guy did chat his way through any song he didn't recognise and kept saying other songs sounded like "insert a song from Sophtware Slump here" or taking pictures with his friend who wanted to just watch the band. Before the gig he kept barking about how big a fan he was.

I thought they were great. Sounded rough for maybe 1 minute at the start, but quickly settled and played a good set and sounded great.

The videos were good, hadn't seen them all before. And there's a new album slated for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I'm genuinely glad to hear it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Crowd was good. Laid back. No twats at it. The sound, I thought, in Vicar St, was excellent. Contrast it to the Academy for Mastodon on Tuesday, though I suppose you're dealing with different venues and genres of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I thought the crowd were in fine form, far more enthused than I expected. When they left the stage the clapping and shouting for an encore continued all the way until they came back on, unlike most gigs where it dies down and the band come back anyway.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm glad there weren't any young wans with painted faces and selfies galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

seachto7 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm glad there weren't any young wans with painted faces and selfies galore.

At Grandaddy???

Birneybau wrote: »
    At Grandaddy???

They seems to have infested every other gig. "Festival fashion" bollox

• Advertisement
Advertisement