Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shimano Ultegra Wheel spokes

Options
  • 24-05-2016 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

Have a set of these wheels awhile now, but have noticed that some of the spokes seem to be twisted and some straight. Wheel runs true, btu when I looked at someone else's set, this twisting was not evident. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hi Harry, ever get to the bottom of this. Considering getting the Ultegra 6800 wheels, and this is the most recent thread I can find on them? I've also read spokes are a pain to replace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

No dude. Unfortunately not. But, in saying that, I have one of the first sets so have them maybe three years now and no issues. They're spin nicely etc. I too have read spoke replacement is an issue but other say not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That was quick. Cheers for the reply. I'll think long and hard about it. Don't really need new wheels, but they'd be nice to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Weepsie wrote: »
    That was quick. Cheers for the reply. I'll think long and hard about it. Don't really need new wheels, but they'd be nice to have

I should add that someone I know had a newer version and the spokes are bladed but not twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Have these, great wheels and no spoke issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Have these, great wheels and no spoke issues

Any idea how these compare to zondas. They look nice and seem to come in a bit cheaper most of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Have the latest and previous versions of these wheels. Fantastic wheelset for the price.A spoke exploded on my front wheel of the older set and it took my lbs over a month to get a replacement spoke from Shimano. No fault of the shop, Shimano just dragged their heels on delivering the replacement parts.

Advertisement