Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killegland Hall - Pyrite?

Options
  • 24-05-2016 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is anybody on here living in Killegland Hall and are they aware they are doing remedial work on the lower ground floor for pyrite issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

Fiona wrote: »
    Hi

Is anybody on here living in Killegland Hall and are they aware they are doing remedial work on the lower ground floor for pyrite issues?

There is no pyrite in Killegland there has been a number of surveyors who have proof of this. Killegland appartments are pyrite free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

fliball123 wrote: »
    There is no pyrite in Killegland there has been a number of surveyors who have proof of this. Killegland appartments are pyrite free.

I would have to disagree with you on this I am afraid I lived over an apt that was gutted and foundations redug and laid down in the complex.

My management company confirmed why this work was being done.

All of the retail units are currently being fixed now too.

I would have to disagree with you on this I am afraid I lived over an apt that was gutted and foundations redug and laid down in the complex.

My management company confirmed why this work was being done.

All of the retail units are currently being fixed now too.

Well I have 5 apartments in the house and meadows including one on the bottom floor of both and have had numerous surveys done including pyrite specific and no pyrite has been detected in either of those two sections of Killegland. It must be only within the Hall if what your saying is true.

The fact that both are standing now 10 years plus without any signs is also a give away that there is no pyrite in either of these 2 apartment blocks.. Sorry to hear if you have it going on in the Hall

fliball123 wrote: »
    Well I have 5 apartments in the house and meadows including one on the bottom floor of both and have had numerous surveys done including pyrite specific and no pyrite has been detected in that section. It must be only within the Hall if what your saying is true.

The fact that both are standing now 10 years plus without any signs is also a give away that there is no pyrite in either of these 2 apartment blocks.. Sorry to hear if you have it going on in the Hall

From what I could make out after discussions with various people was that there was only one section of The Hall that was affected.

I am top floor so no issues thank God.

From what I could make out after discussions with various people was that there was only one section of The Hall that was affected.

I am top floor so no issues thank God.

cool well good to know your not affected I have a brother in Skerries who had to have the remedial work done.. I guess its bad to have had it but the up side is that he got back a new updated house, new kitchen with an extension put in (now he had to pay extra) but the work of taking the old away was taken out of the price..

• Advertisement

They give with one hand and then take with the other!

Advertisement