Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presents from Au pair

Options
  • 24-05-2016 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys.. so I'm moving away to be an au pair! I'm just wondering, any ideas of gifts for the family? I'd want to get something for the mother and father for having me.. and for the child of course! He is ten! Any ideas of what to get a 10 year old?

Also, what would be a good irish gift! Like Waterford crystal or a hurley or something like that!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you need to bring anything - maybe a token for the child, but better to give the parents something when you leave, if you feel you wish to at that stage! Go with a smile and a willingness to be a good au pair - it will be better than any gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ali2405

looksee wrote:
    Do you need to bring anything - maybe a token for the child, but better to give the parents something when you leave, if you feel you wish to at that stage! Go with a smile and a willingness to be a good au pair - it will be better than any gifts.

I know, but it's just nice to be nice! Also I think for the kid that it's a good start to the relationship also a gift that can be talked about will break the ice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I don't think that you need to bring anything major for the parents. Maybe a nice box of Irish Chocolates.

Do you know if the house you are going to has a garden, near the park or an City Centre apartment.

If it has a garden/park nearby I think the Hurley might be a good idea. If not maybe a Jersey or something like that for the 10year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ali2405

Miaireland wrote:
    Do you know if the house you are going to has a garden, near the park or an City Centre apartment.

Yeah the live near a park!! I just bought the kid an Irish jersey! I think I'll bring a hurley! Not really sure how you get it across? Maybe post!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Try putting it in your checknin luggage

• Advertisement
Advertisement