Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposal of Large / Bulky Materials

Options
  • 24-05-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I have a number of pieces of wood and metal from two dismanted IKEA items that I need to dispose of. Any ideas how / where I could accomplish this. I live in an apartment complex so I don't think hiring one of those mini-skips is feasible. Also, the quantity of wood is fairly small (it is currently under my bed) so I think a mini-skip would be overkill, but the individual pieces are bulky and heavy.

Any other ideas for this kind of waste collection in Dublin? Also, I don't have my own transport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,613 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I have a number of pieces of wood and metal from two dismanted IKEA items that I need to dispose of. Any ideas how / where I could accomplish this. I live in an apartment complex so I don't think hiring one of those mini-skips is feasible. Also, the quantity of wood is fairly small (it is currently under my bed) so I think a mini-skip would be overkill, but the individual pieces are bulky and heavy.

Any other ideas for this kind of waste collection in Dublin? Also, I don't have my own transport.

Call a waste collector (www.nwcpo.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You can get baby skip bags in Woodies or similar. Fill the bag and arrange a collection time. https://keywaste.ie/babyskip/

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you can't fill a bag, I'm sure neighbours would fill it and you could get a tenner or so off them.

Advertisement